January Transfers

peasepud

37 minutes to spend 10million squids Baggy son.... Can Mike "Brewster" Ashley do it?

In

Peter Lovenkrands (free)

Kevin Nolan (4 million)

Ryan Taylor (down as free here but was part of the Charlie deal ie Taylor plus 6 million for N'Zog)

Out

Shay Given (8million)

Insomnia...Unsumnia...Charlie (6million)

Profit/ Loss = £10million Profit

Current payout = £100 Baggio

37 minutes to spend 10million squids Baggy son.... Can Mike "Brewster" Ashley do it?

In

Peter Lovenkrands (free)

Kevin Nolan (4 million)

Ryan Taylor (down as free here but was part of the Charlie deal ie Taylor plus 6 million for N'Zog)

Out

Shay Given (8million)

Good luck getting him to pay up

In

Peter Lovenkrands (free)

Kevin Nolan (4 million)

Out

Shay Given (8million)

Good luck getting him to pay up

Im sure hes good for his word.

I think we can take BBC Sport as a definitive guide:

What they needed: Manager Joe Kinnear was desperate to bolster a squad battling against relegation. New defenders to shore up a leaky back line were the priority.

Linked with: Roma left-back John Arne Riise, West Ham centre-half Matthew Upson and Blackburn right-back Stephen Warnock early in the window.

Kevin Nolan

What happened: Bolton skipper Kevin Nolan was a surprise arrival from Newcastle for £4m. Veteran striker Peter Lovenkrands joined from Schalke on loan, while full-back Ryan Taylor signed as part of the deal taking Charles N'Zogbia to Wigan. Their arrivals were offset somewhat by the sale of experienced goalkeeper Shay Given to Manchester City.

Estimated amount spent: £5.5m

Estimated amount received: £14m

Your verdict: "After three really poor transfer windows I really am finding it hard to take." Chopra missed on purpose SMB

Looks like £85 should be the donation. Still if it keeps Baggio off the boards, I'm sure we could find 85 people to donate £1 each!!

N'Zogbia came in for the same as what Nolan and Taylor did combined according to .com so it's down to what Given went for, the Chronicle said £5.9 million but some papers have said £7m and some have said £8m.

Since it's down to Jimbo to decide the fee I'm happy to leave it to him, let me know where you want the money to go Peasepud and I'll make sure it goes through.

N'Zogbia came in for the same as what Nolan and Taylor did combined according to .com so it's down to what Given went for, the Chronicle said £5.9 million but some papers have said £7m and some have said £8m.

Since it's down to Jimbo to decide the fee I'm happy to leave it to him, let me know where you want the money to go Peasepud and I'll make sure it goes through.

Nice one, see I knew you werent shirking :nufc:

The 8million that I originally quoted for Given was including 1million appearance fees which we agreed at the start was not to be included so its either 5.9 or 7.

The 8million that I originally quoted for Given was including 1million appearance fees which we agreed at the start was not to be included so its either 5.9 or 7.

Meet in the middle and call it £65?

Meet in the middle and call it £65?

Fine by me

And yes, khay it is

You will have to let me know where you want this money to go, Peasepud.

tbh I havent found anywhere yet, I dont want it to be some big charity that wont notice it, will chase it today and dins somewhere.

Fake charity website taking a bit longer to set up than you'd hoped PP? :lol:

tbh I havent found anywhere yet, I dont want it to be some big charity that wont notice it, will chase it today and dins somewhere.

You wouldnt believe mate, absolute mare. :suicide:

Bushfire Victims in Melbourne, Australia TBH. http://www.redcross.org.au/vic/services_em...appeal-2009.htm

All of the money given will be used, none will go to administrative costs etc.

"Red Cross will not deduct any funds from this appeal for administration costs. All funds received will be kept in a Trust Fund set up by the Victorian Government."

The death toll is expected to climb over 200 soon, some believe the final toll will be more than 300. Almost 1,000 houses lost.

You wouldnt believe mate, absolute mare. :angry:

should just register "hitzfeld for the toon" as a charity, put the £65 to building a golf course just outside the club shop. then you wouldn't have to build a new website :suicide:

Bushfire Victims in Melbourne, Australia TBH. http://www.redcross.org.au/vic/services_em...appeal-2009.htm

All of the money given will be used, none will go to administrative costs etc.

"Red Cross will not deduct any funds from this appeal for administration costs. All funds received will be kept in a Trust Fund set up by the Victorian Government."

The death toll is expected to climb over 200 soon, some believe the final toll will be more than 300. Almost 1,000 houses lost.

great shout, and a fantastic cause, but they have already raised $30 million (i'd assume australian dollars), so not exactly the small, local cause pud is looking for. However, no excuse for everyone not to donate something off our own backs.

Also, baggio should send a letter/email/bedsheet protest to St James outlining that backing Ashley cost him the £65, and see if Ashley would match the donation (or heaven forbid, make a slightly larger donation)......... :outahere:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...