Anyone near the airport

Toonpack

No I don't.

But I don't think it would do the club any good whatsoever if he came back and it would merely act as a hinderence.

I'm not advocating bringing him back again (although I wish he could've stayed). But I do think this 'joke manager' and 'reputation is shot' guff the media peddles is blown out of all proportion. Just ask Owen or some of the other senior players and I'm sure their opinions on him would be far removed from the popular line that is trotted out now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have no doubt that the players showed the utmost respect for Keegan - you mentioned Owen - Keegan worked wonders for Owen.

I just don't like the attitude that bringing Keegan back would solve anything whatsoever. I'm sick of that kind of media attention and I just want to establish some very basic stability and get on with it.

As soon as Keegan came back last January every single media source was begging for it to go wrong, making up stories and hounding him out.

There is no way on earth it would work.

Yes I have no doubt that the players showed the utmost respect for Keegan - you mentioned Owen - Keegan worked wonders for Owen.

I just don't like the attitude that bringing Keegan back would solve anything whatsoever. I'm sick of that kind of media attention and I just want to establish some very basic stability and get on with it.

As soon as Keegan came back last January every single media source was begging for it to go wrong, making up stories and hounding him out.

There is no way on earth it would work.

It probably didn't help Keegan either, in the job and possibly with what eventually happened, the media were practically setting up the story from the off, and salivating for it till it happened.

I'm still not sure how much of the press rumours were genuinely insider knowledge and how much were just hopeful punts that turned out to look 20:20 with hindsight.

In hindsight it doesn't really make any difference.

When results weren't going our way they were for his head and when results were going our way it was a different takeover every week even from the most questionable of parties (Terrorists,Nigerians), whilst it was clear these stories were fabricated they were simply put out to destabilise the club.

Then we had constant tales of inner power struggles etc etc.

The press loved KK in his first managerial stint, but the knives were out for him from the first press conference second time around.

I'd share your sentiment Tom, about basic stability. It would be nice if we could go about our business under the radar for two or three years in the style of an Everton or Villa.

The press loved KK in his first managerial stint, but the knives were out for him from the first press conference second time around.

I'd share your sentiment Tom, about basic stability. It would be nice if we could go about our business under the radar for two or three years in the style of an Everton or Villa.

Yep and as Tom says that could not happen with KK here, any media circus/ witchhunt would be tenfold the next time.

prob all bull,

but , has been connected with us in past .

does admire KK

and was rumors when all this kicked off he was gonna step in and buy us and reappoint keegan

agree with some keegan points raised, but with proper backing , id have him back instanly , for the very reasons he came back with ashley , and more of a score to settle and point to prove.

media circus yes, but we all know keegan could have got the players he wanted to this club just by chatting to them , its not a hughsy type situ at city (lets not forget what they owe to keegan for all that aswell) city have been nowhere and done fuck all for years , we have almost done it for 15+years , the city guys wanted us first remember also .

if he was offered the job and said no.. god knows what i think of the bloke , but i dont think he would with this backer

Edited by Hadrian

Yep and as Tom says that could not happen with KK here, any media circus/ witchhunt would be tenfold the next time.

You're right of course.

How difficult can it be to find an owner who isn't a classless, lying rattlesnake, a manager who isn't an indisciplined, foul mouthed, out of touch & out of his depth, lying, throwback and players that aren't always on the front pages because they can't keep it in their pants/ keep their fists down/ stay off the ale/ drive properly etc. etc...?

I think any manager will get it here.

At the moment they are more "sympathetic" as Ashley is largely doing what the media (or people within the media) hoped (and the club is terminally self-destructing without any outside help).

If by some miracle NUFC managed to get their legs back under them and we seemed to be heading in the right direction again (under Ashley especially, but even under someone new - unless it's Murdoch :( ) the knives would be tactically plunged in again I'm sure.

You're right of course.

How difficult can it be to find an owner who isn't a classless, lying rattlesnake, a manager who isn't an indisciplined, foul mouthed, out of touch & out of his depth, lying, throwback and players that aren't always on the front pages because they can't keep it in their pants/ keep their fists down/ stay off the ale/ drive properly etc. etc...?

The media circus and everything else outside the club can go to hell as far as I'm concerned, I'd have Keegan back in a heartbeat - though it'd be pointless without the right backing, any lies from the board and he'd be off again.