Albin Ebondo

Ketsbaia

As I mentioned previously, we currently have 4 players who can play RB

We currently have no players who are available to play right back who can actually play it well.

I get your point though, but we need cover there for the rest of the season. It doesn't matter how good Beye is, if he's out injured he's not going to help us avoid relegation. He's also getting on in years, so it's only logical that we have some forward thinking there. We're horribly short on for fullbacks, who knows, maybe this bloke can also play on the left.

That penalty comes to mind.

As I mentioned previously, we currently have 4 players who can play RB

We currently have no players who are available to play right back who can actually play it well.

I get your point though, but we need cover there for the rest of the season. It doesn't matter how good Beye is, if he's out injured he's not going to help us avoid relegation. He's also getting on in years, so it's only logical that we have some forward thinking there. We're horribly short on for fullbacks, who knows, maybe this bloke can also play on the left.

:(

"They were still Germans though but."

Right back apparently :rolleyes: Will be useful for about 8 weeks and will then spend the next 2 years warming the bench for Beye before taking a huff and handing in a transfer request

So you're whinging because we're getting cover for RB, fucking hell. :(

Yeah, we got £8mil apparently and weve spent half of that on a RB when we currently have Beye, Edgar, Taylor and Geremi who can play there. LB, RW and CM are far more pressing areas

Where do you get £4m as a figure for this lad? It's early and I might have missed it but as far as I can see no amount is mentioned in this piece. Also why is right wing (Jonas is about the only player we have worth watching) and Leftback more of a priority? I agree a central midfielder has to be our priorty but I don't get the others. Or are you just talking shite as usual?

Cos JFK publicly announced he had bid £4mil for him :lol RW is a priority because if Jonas gets injured we have to play Duff there, and he cant even play on the LW in his current state! As for LB, if charlie wangles himself a move then Enrique is the only LB in the squad. As I mentioned previously, we currently have 4 players who can play RB, 1 of which who is arguably the best player at the club, so forgive me if im dubious at us spending half of our apparent budget on another RB

I'll give you the valuation of this rightback as I have since seen it in other articles. I don't think it was in the original article posted on this threat so my appologies.

As for the rest of it. From what you say we basically have no left winger as Duff is wank (complete agreement there) and N'Zogbia wants away. Surely then left wing is more of a priority than Right wing where we have at least one player of quality there. Enrique is the only leftback but Bassong could still play there better than any of the players who you claim can play rightback. Edgar isn't and never will be a premiership player, Geremi is no longer a premiership player as he cannot run and Taylor is no good at fullback and is injured. Basically we have no cover there. I hope your talking about Beye as being one of the best players at the club but he's out for most of the season (picks up a few injuries too) and isn't getting any younger. We need cover at rightback as much as anywhere.

Centre midfield has to be our priority though and I would have certainly hoped we would have spend most of our money there if it's as limited as it appears. But tbf Kinnear seems completely aware of this.

People arent getting my point. We only need to cover RB for another 8 weeks. We need to cover LB and CM for another 8 years. I know where my money would be going

We've got more cover at LB than RB at present, i.e. people who can do 'a job' there imo. LB can wait. Agree about CM being a massive priority but RB isn't far behind.

.com are saying that

There's also talk from JFK of a response being expected on a previous bid for a midfielder but the situation isn't clear at present as to whether that and Ebondo depend upon the cash for Given. It's also unclear whether there's any attempt to bring in a player from City - either in part/ex or on loan for the rest of the season.

Ashley is a disgrace if that's true. Not even prepared to spend a single penny on transfers by the looks of it. And what happened to the Milner money?

arthur_fowler_large_1.jpg

People arent getting my point. We only need to cover RB for another 8 weeks. We need to cover LB and CM for another 8 years. I know where my money would be going

We've got more cover at LB than RB at present, i.e. people who can do 'a job' there imo. LB can wait. Agree about CM being a massive priority but RB isn't far behind.

MON didn't even buy a right back last year even though they didn't have one.