Toon offered Shay 15million

peasepud

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21106664/

Im not even going to waste my time copying and pasting the shite thats in the report.

Doesnt he realise that it wasnt about the money? What Given wanted was proof that we were going places, that there was a plan there to get us moving in the right direction. He didnt shout about wanting a move because he wanted more cash, that was never the reason (dont get me wrong, like all players Im sure he'd take more money whenever it was offered).

Given came out and spoke through his lawyer about how bad things are at the club, he wanted assurances and signs that things were going to change those obviously didnt come.

Although if the rest of the article is to be believed then maybe, just maybe Shay has done more for this club than any previous player, manager or owner maybe Shay has stirred them into realisation and now Ashley is going to do something.

*Now where that pinch of salt?

Personally I don't believe he was on £40k a year anyway. When he signed his new contract a few years ago he'd have surely been up there with the top earners. Emre, Parker and co were on £60k ish.

We probably offered him a fucking pay cut.

Edited by Ally

lol why does he keep banging on about ashley coming and having lunch with the players

who fucking cares if the owner comes round for a feed if he's doing fuck all to make the club better

The fact that he had to 'introduce himself' speaks volumes tbh

They've fucked up over Given and realised it. Too fucking late now though - he's gone. Who they gonna save instead....? Shola? :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21106664/

Im not even going to waste my time copying and pasting the shite thats in the report.

Doesnt he realise that it wasnt about the money? What Given wanted was proof that we were going places, that there was a plan there to get us moving in the right direction. He didnt shout about wanting a move because he wanted more cash, that was never the reason (dont get me wrong, like all players Im sure he'd take more money whenever it was offered).

Given came out and spoke through his plawyer about how bad things are at the club, he wanted assurances and signs that things were going to change those obviously didnt come.

Although if the rest of the article is to be believed then maybe, just maybe Shay has done more for this club than any previous player, manager or owner maybe Shay has stirred them into realisation and now Ashley is going to do something.

*Now where that pinch of salt?

SOME players are motivated by money and money alone, but the vast majority are more motivated by the desire to be successful and have something to show for their careers.

Given would not have left Newcastle United with anything other than a heavy heart and a genuine desire to win something before his career is over, and its quite clear that he didn't now see this happening at Newcastle.

I wish him all the best but my stomach feels sick inside just like it did when we used to lose our best players for the same reasons in our past.