Engine Room

Deano

We have put up with the shit that is Nicky Butt all season, giving penalties away, losing possesion and generally being gash. Not what you expect from a multiple honour winner at ManUre and an experienced head.

We will most likely see a pairing of him and Nolan for a few weeks yet, though Hughton has said Guthrie should return against Bolton. Does this mean Butt will be dropped?

I certainly hope so, but i just cant see it. I dont think any of them have the balls to drop Butt, even though he is evidently one of the key liabilities in the side.

I for one would like to see Nolan and Guthrie in the middle till the end of the season, or until Barton can be reintroduced.

I cant see us getting BIG results whilst nicky butt is in the side.

We have put up with the shit that is Nicky Butt all season, giving penalties away, losing possesion and generally being gash. Not what you expect from a multiple honour winner at ManUre and an experienced head.

We will most likely see a pairing of him and Nolan for a few weeks yet, though Hughton has said Guthrie should return against Bolton. Does this mean Butt will be dropped?

I certainly hope so, but i just cant see it. I dont think any of them have the balls to drop Butt, even though he is evidently one of the key liabilities in the side.

I for one would like to see Nolan and Guthrie in the middle till the end of the season, or until Barton can be reintroduced.

I cant see us getting BIG results whilst nicky butt is in the side.

FYP (again!)

The term engine room wasnt used on here til we signed Nolan :lol: Its a nice way of saying our CM has no skill but is fit enough to run around for 90mins

An upgrade on Nicky Butt then

Edited by Kitman

The term engine room wasnt used on here til we signed Nolan :lol: Its a nice way of saying our CM has no skill but is fit enough to run around for 90mins

Think GL uses it all the time. Cliche-tastic :lol:

I think loads of people recognise we've been poor in the middle of the park for a long time now. No wonder we don't control many matches and have struggled to do so for a good while.

they needed another set of legs over there to compensate for both of them going missing for around 60 minutes...

While I have doubts about Guthrie's engine (and his ability to a lesser extent) the lad doesn't go hiding. I think you're being very unfair to suggest he does because he's very often been the only midfielder who'll take responsibility by looking for the ball and trying difficult passes when the team are struggling and everyone else has gone hiding.

Not at all. Im criticising the fact they felt Nolan was the player to strengthen it with. Mongoloid

Theres a reason Megson was happy to sell his captain for £4mil and its the same reason the majority of Bolton fans werent sorry to see him go. From what ive seen of him so far hed be my 4th choice CM when everyone is fit

Not at all. Im criticising the fact they felt Nolan was the player to strengthen it with. Mongoloid

Theres a reason Megson was happy to sell his captain for £4mil and its the same reason the majority of Bolton fans werent sorry to see him go. From what ive seen of him so far hed be my 4th choice CM when everyone is fit

He's fairly young, he has played nigh on 300 top flight games and a couple of years back looked class for Bolton. Moving was probably the best thing for him and I reckon he will get some form back.

A scarecrow would have strengthened our midfield at the time btw...

Edit to say 'mongoloid' is not exactly the kind of kind insult you want to hear from an NHS worker :lol:

Seriously though KD, I'm not saying he's a world-beater but for one, Bolton fans aren't some homogenous group and I'm sure some negative comments along the lines of 'happy to see the back of him' can be put down to a bit of bitterness. That aside, didn't Megson say he didn't want him to go? Also, I think he's about as good as we could have attracted at the time for that sort of fee (certainly without taking a risk on a foreigner). DOn't see how he's 4th choice CM when everyone is fit either.

I feel Guthrie deserves the mantle of 'young player who could come good' over Nolan. I feel Barton is a better player and Butt gets more grief than he deserves. He does what hes meant to, breaks up the play. Its not his fault the manager is too useless to recognise he needs a playmaker next to him to lay it off to. Him and Scholes used to play brilliantly together at Man U.

Nolans only had a couple of games so maybe im wrong, I was with Bassong, but at the minute he looks like a slightly inferior version of what we already have.