Being bored at the match

Guest Stevie

If possible, I try to get a seat right at the back of 'the corner' for two reasons. First reason is so I can stand throughout the game, and second reason is so I can surreptitiously scan the blit around my 'district' if the football becomes tedious. :mellow:

My feeling is that it's not the shit football per se that's changing people's matchday experience - we've had that before (though I think it's the worst for nearly 20 years myself).

It's the combination of the dross on show and the widespread perception that there is no prospect whatsoever of things improving for the forseeable future.

Anyone remember that UEFA Cup match where they dished out free foam rubber balls as an advert for Pepperami or something else shite? I'm sure we were playing Ventspils or someone and their keeper got an absolute pelting :mellow: Every fucker was doing it though so the stewards couldn't do anything.

I think it's the Charlton home game a few years ago under Roeder (0-0) when I was really bored and stared into space - it was utter garbage. Totally pathetic, both sides. Apart from that I'm always too nervous to not follow the game.