Fergie Legend

wykikitoon

Watching Fergie pre match interview yesterday he said Inter will be doing their normal tricks and diving with a wee smile on his face! The majority of the game fucking Man Yoo were doing that!!! Carrick was one of the main offenders!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you like about SAF but I would love him if he was our manager.

He'd be useless unless his big chequebook came with him

Other managers spend big.

Yep, but not as big as him. I'd love to see all the chequebook managers given fuck all to spend then we'd actually find out just how good they really are. Not that it would ever happen

Say what you like about SAF but I would love him if he was our manager.

He'd be useless unless his big chequebook came with him

Other managers spend big.

Yep, but not as big as him. I'd love to see all the chequebook managers given fuck all to spend then we'd actually find out just how good they really are. Not that it would ever happen

Four of his players last night cost him fuck all, throw in VDS for £2m and there's half a team for a very small fee. The other half however...

Four of his players last night cost him fuck all, throw in VDS for £2m and there's half a team for a very small fee. The other half however...

what four? anderson nani hargreeves carrick berbatov ronaldo all cost more than at least 12m each

vidic and evra were outstanding cheapish buys though

Hargreaves is out for the season isn't he? I assume he meant Fletcher and Evans.

Edited by alex

what four? anderson nani hargreeves carrick berbatov ronaldo all cost more than at least 12m each

vidic and evra were outstanding cheapish buys though

The players who have come through the ranks, Evans, Giggs, Fletcher and O'Shea.

Actually his success at Man Utd has been built up on low cost buys and youth team players. The Neville's, Butt, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham all cost nothing while players like, Schmeichel, Cantona, Ince, Dublin and Kanchelskis and Keane were all bought for nominal fee's.

He has spent big on some players but overall i don't think you can say he's only successful because he's had money. He rebuilt Man Utd from the ground up, they were patient with him in the beginning and they are now reaping the rewards.

Actually the backbone of his success at Manchester Utd has been built on low cost youth players, The Neville's, Scholes, Beckham, Butt and Giggs all cost nothing while low cost purchases such as Peter Schmeichel Eric Cantona and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Dion Dublin, Paul Ince and Andrei Kanchelskis (all £1m), Roy Keane (3m), plus some very astute big signings

You're ignoring the wages and the fact that these low cost purchases still cost more than most other clubs could afford. I'm fairly certain that many other clubs spot these low cost youth players as well but can't offer better deals, not that the players would go there anyway. Let's even the playing field, then we'll see

Actually the backbone of his success at Manchester Utd has been built on low cost youth players, The Neville's, Scholes, Beckham, Butt and Giggs all cost nothing while low cost purchases such as Peter Schmeichel Eric Cantona and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Dion Dublin, Paul Ince and Andrei Kanchelskis (all £1m), Roy Keane (3m), plus some very astute big signings

You're ignoring the wages and the fact that these low cost purchases still cost more than most other clubs could afford. I'm fairly certain that many other clubs spot these low cost youth players as well but can't offer better deals, not that the players would go there anyway. Let's even the playing field, then we'll see

Yes it's not necessarily a level playing field but that's because Fergie has been integral in building the club up into one of the richest clubs in the world so he's just able to spend the money that he helped generate. Also, it's not unexpected that the team winning the PL more often than not would spend a lot of transfers and wages, he's spent money of late but he's also been very successful.

Well what about Aberdeen then? Not exactly an open chequebook there but still built a good team and won the cup winners cup and the league.

Churlish to try and make out his success is all down to money imo.

Not all down to but a massive percentage. Like I said, give everyone the same hand then we'll see

You've made these exact points once before. Not worth going over it again.

Well what about Aberdeen then? Not exactly an open chequebook there but still built a good team and won the cup winners cup and the league.

Done at a time when football was a far more level playing field. Could he do it now? Could he fuck

Done at a time when football was a far more level playing field. Could he do it now? Could he fuck

Surely that suggests he could do it on what you say you would like to see, i.e. a level playing field. :mellow:

But i thought you said you wanted him to prove himself on a level playing field? Which he did. Now your saying thats not good enough, and he has to prove himself while at a disadvantage! Jeez make up your mind :mellow:

Churlish to try and make out his success is all down to money imo.

Not all down to but a massive percentage. Like I said, give everyone the same hand then we'll see

You've made these exact points once before. Not worth going over it again.

Fair point though surely? I'm sure it's the same story in every team sport where money is a factor.

Surely that suggests he could do it on what you say you would like to see, i.e. a level playing field. :mellow:

No because it was a one (or two) off. He didn't repeat it year after year. For example, I'm sure Souness won trophies at Blackburn

No because it was a one (or two) off. He didn't repeat it year after year. For example, I'm sure Souness won trophies at Blackburn

Aye, and that Mourinho fella only won the UEFA Cup and European Cup once each with Porto, he's clearly rubbish too.

Are you comparing winning a European trophy, i.e. the Cup Winners' Cup (and beating Real Madrid in the final) when it was still a very prestigious competition and breaking the Old Firm's grip on the Scottish League - winning 3 league titles and 3 SFA Cups (plus one Scottish League Cup) to Souness winning the League Cup with Blackburn now? Don't see how you could say that was a one-off either. He was there about 8 years.

One off?

Scottish Premier Division: 1979-80, 1983-84, 1984-85

Scottish Cup: 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86

Scottish League Cup: 1985-86

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1982–83

UEFA Super Cup: 1983

Ok then... :D