Fergie Legend

wykikitoon

You're ignoring the wages and the fact that these low cost purchases still cost more than most other clubs could afford. I'm fairly certain that many other clubs spot these low cost youth players as well but can't offer better deals, not that the players would go there anyway. Let's even the playing field, then we'll see

Well what about Aberdeen then? Not exactly an open chequebook there but still built a good team and won the cup winners cup and the league.

Done at a time when football was a far more level playing field. Could he do it now? Could he fuck

Surely that suggests he could do it on what you say you would like to see, i.e. a level playing field. :mellow:

No because it was a one (or two) off. He didn't repeat it year after year. For example, I'm sure Souness won trophies at Blackburn

Aye, and that Mourinho fella only won the UEFA Cup and European Cup once each with Porto, he's clearly rubbish too.

Yep because I clearly said he was rubbish :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No because it was a one (or two) off. He didn't repeat it year after year. For example, I'm sure Souness won trophies at Blackburn

This is getting a bit silly now isn't it? Fergie must have shat on your doorstep i presume. :mellow:

You're ignoring the wages and the fact that these low cost purchases still cost more than most other clubs could afford. I'm fairly certain that many other clubs spot these low cost youth players as well but can't offer better deals, not that the players would go there anyway. Let's even the playing field, then we'll see

Well what about Aberdeen then? Not exactly an open chequebook there but still built a good team and won the cup winners cup and the league.

Done at a time when football was a far more level playing field. Could he do it now? Could he fuck

Surely that suggests he could do it on what you say you would like to see, i.e. a level playing field. :mellow:

Are you comparing winning a European trophy, i.e. the Cup Winners' Cup (and beating Real Madrid in the final) when it was still a very prestigious competition and breaking the Old Firm's grip on the Scottish League - winning 3 league titles and 3 SFA Cups (plus one Scottish League Cup) to Souness winning the League Cup with Blackburn now? Don't see how you could say that was a one-off either. He was there about 8 years.

It's Scotland though, joke league. How good were the Celtic and Rangers managers back then by the way?

Are you comparing winning a European trophy, i.e. the Cup Winners' Cup (and beating Real Madrid in the final) when it was still a very prestigious competition and breaking the Old Firm's grip on the Scottish League - winning 3 league titles and 3 SFA Cups (plus one Scottish League Cup) to Souness winning the League Cup with Blackburn now? Don't see how you could say that was a one-off either. He was there about 8 years.

It's Scotland though, joke league. How good were the Celtic and Rangers managers back then by the way?

Well they had just dominated the league for the 15 years before that...

This is getting a bit silly now isn't it? Fergie must have shat on your doorstep i presume. :mellow:

Nope I merely like to present the other side of the arguement. Presumably you're a sweaty?

This is getting a bit silly now isn't it? Fergie must have shat on your doorstep i presume. :D

Nope I merely like to present the other side of the arguement. Presumably you're a sweaty?

So is that what this is about? His nationality rather than how good a manager he is? :mellow:

Aberdeen were the last team to win the league there who weren't either Celtic or Rangers iirc. We're talking about 25 years ago or so. No one other than the Old Firm had won it for years before then. Speaks for itself.

This is getting a bit silly now isn't it? Fergie must have shat on your doorstep i presume. :razz:

So is that what this is about? His nationality rather than how good a manager he is? :love:

Not at all, dear me :mellow::D

There is no argument though. You've changed your argument about 3 times since the thread started. We've gone from "He can't do it on a level playing field" to "Well but he can't do it on an uneven playing field" to "well alright he can but it was just a one off though". It looks like your just after a bit of attention to be honest.

Yep, but not as big as him. I'd love to see all the chequebook managers given fuck all to spend then we'd actually find out just how good they really are. Not that it would ever happen

Actually his success at Man Utd has been built up on low cost buys and youth team players. The Neville's, Butt, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham all cost nothing while players like, Schmeichel, Cantona, Ince, Dublin and Kanchelskis and Keane were all bought for nominal fee's.

He has spent big on some players but overall i don't think you can say he's only successful because he's had money. He rebuilt Man Utd from the ground up, they were patient with him in the beginning and they are now reaping the rewards.

While I'm with you on the argument, you can't suggest that Keane was bought for a nominal fee. £3.6m IIRC which, at the time, was a British record eclipsing the £3.3m Blackburn paid Southampton for Shearer.

Didn't last long before Blackburn paid Norwich £5m for Chris Sutton though.

Aberdeen were the last team to win the league there who weren't either Celtic or Rangers iirc. We're talking about 25 years ago or so. No one other than the Old Firm had won it for years before then. Speaks for itself.

Case closed. :D

and still spot on you baldy cunt :D

Toys out the pram again eh? Funny like, I don't recall having met you.

You fall for it every time :mellow: No wonder Fop likes it here

Your argument gets shown up so you resort to abuse tbh :love:

The abuse was to provoke the expected reaction from you. You said pretty much what I expected. My arguement was not shown up in any way, shape or form and certainly not by you, slapheed

and still spot on you baldy cunt :razz:

You fall for it every time :lol: No wonder Fop likes it here

Your argument gets shown up so you resort to abuse tbh :)

The abuse was to provoke the expected reaction from you. You said pretty much what I expected. My arguement was not shown up in any way, shape or form and certainly not by you, slapheed

:icon_lol:

and still spot on you baldy cunt :icon_lol:

You fall for it every time :lol: No wonder Fop likes it here

Your argument gets shown up so you resort to abuse tbh :)

Howay man :razz: Water off a duck's back. Do you think you're first person to have taken the piss out of me on here for that? I get it all the time.