Toontastic play

Renton

Went to this play this evening at the Live theatre - You couldn't make it up.

To give a brief synopsis it's a (sort of) play set in the past few years of NUFC taken from many different points of view. The centre piece of it is the last meeting Keegan had with Ashley on 12th September last year - remarkably for such a low-cost production Ashley is played by someone relatively famous - Mark Benson (the fat obnoxious bank manager from the Nationwide ads amongst various stuff with Robson Green iirc).

It was a bit of a strange experience in may ways, literally like watching a theatrical version of toontastic documenting all that has gone wrong with the club in the last few years. No one came off well, not even Keegan. It's quite heartening to know how many people share the same point of view as most on here and refreshing not listening to the usual media drivel (which is sadly going into overdrive again I see). Although it's primarily a comedy it's also fundamentally depressing - much like NUFC. The ending at least is uplifting thank God.

I think many on here would enjoy it and it's only a tenner - it's much more enjoyable and better value than a match after all. Unfortunately it's only running 'til Sunday and I think it's a sell out, although there's usually returns. Incidentally the Live theatre has had a fortune spent on it recently and is a brilliant venue, well worth visiting.

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd bump this in the off chance anyone is interested. The new updated version is on at the Live theatre between June 25th and July 10th. It's now called 'You really couldn't make it up' and has Alan Shearer added to the cast and script. Should be more depressing than ever before.

Thought I'd bump this in the off chance anyone is interested. The new updated version is on at the Live theatre between June 25th and July 10th. It's now called 'You really couldn't make it up' and has Alan Shearer added to the cast and script. Should be more depressing than ever before.

Just bought tickets <_<

• 2 weeks later...