13. Angelina Jolie

14. Sir Elton John

15. Cheryl Cole

16. The Queen

17. Kylie Minogue

18. Lady Thatcher

19. Lorraine Kelly

20. Stephen Fry

1, 2, and possibly 4 aside, I'm struggling to come up with many reasons to put the others on a list like that - especially in that order. And I'm not really sure Obama has yet enough to merit being top.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...ted-people.html

Edited by Walliver

7. Phillip Schofield :razz:

Where did that come from?

However I don't need a list to tell me the general public are idiots. You have to question the demographic behind the list however, I can pretty much guarantee it mainly consists of housewives and old grannies. :lol:

Top 20 most respected people in the world

1. Barack Obama

2. Nelson Mandela

3. Jade Goody

4. Sir Richard Branson

5. Sir Terry Wogan

6. J K Rowling OBE

7. Phillip Schofield

8. Sir Alan Sugar

9. Dame Judi Dench

10. Sir Michael Parkinson

11. Dame Helen Mirren

12. Jamie Oliver

13. Angelina Jolie

14. Sir Elton John

15. Cheryl Cole

16. The Queen

17. Kylie Minogue

18. Lady Thatcher

19. Lorraine Kelly

20. Stephen Fry

What's Obama done apart from have black skin yet? He's done fuck all, apart from be a face for policy makers who adopted vote winning policies.

The ones in black are worthy of respect.

When I go on a murderous rampage the publication of this list will be my sole defence.

Can't respect Thatcher for one minute for what she did to the North East (as well as other areas) which have still never recovered.

Speaking of Thatcher why are the BBC running programme after programme about her at the minute? Did she kick the bucket and I missed the party? :lol:

Can't respect Thatcher for one minute for what she did to the North East (as well as other areas) which have still never recovered.

Where hasn't recovered?

Who compiled that list, Hello or OK magazine?!! :lol:

Top 20 most respected people in the world

1. Barack Obama

2. Nelson Mandela

3. Jade Goody

4. Sir Richard Branson

5. Sir Terry Wogan

6. J K Rowling OBE

7. Phillip Schofield

8. Sir Alan Sugar

9. Dame Judi Dench

10. Sir Michael Parkinson

11. Dame Helen Mirren

12. Jamie Oliver

13. Angelina Jolie

14. Sir Elton John

15. Cheryl Cole

16. The Queen

17. Kylie Minogue

18. Lady Thatcher

19. Lorraine Kelly

20. Stephen Fry

Out of that list those are the only ones I can say I really respect.

Respect is a funny term - I'd say I admire a few of them like Stephen Fry and Obama and I'd love to fuck Angelina Jolie but the rest are people who don't matter and those I go way beyond "disrespect" in my feelings.

I can understand why cretins would name some of the dodgy ones but I don't get Branson - he's always been a fucking prick in my opinion.

Respect is a funny term - I'd say I admire a few of them like Stephen Fry and Obama and I'd love to fuck Angelina Jolie but the rest are people who don't matter and those I go way beyond "disrespect" in my feelings.

I can understand why cretins would name some of the dodgy ones but I don't get Branson - he's always been a fucking prick in my opinion.

Yes 'admire' would be more appropriate for the names I've chosen. As for Branson, he's a legend!

When I go on a murderous rampage the publication of this list will be my sole defence.

Speaking of Thatcher why are the BBC running programme after programme about her at the minute? Did she kick the bucket and I missed the party? :lol:

Revising her revised legacy.

New Labour embraced Market economics and had a decade of proof that it worked.

The credit crunch has again revised the received wisdom of her ideology.

Shocking when you see Goody there though.

There are people who die of cancer respectfully, sometimes by simply keeping out of the public light and heroes like Sir Bobby who have raised an epic amount of money for cancer research and has created awareness since his initial diagnosis. Then you have Goody who is whoring herself out to every media outlet possible and the nation is watching her die in one very sick pantomime.

Shocking when you see Goody there though.

There are people who die of cancer respectfully, sometimes by simply keeping out of the public light and heroes like Sir Bobby who have raised an epic amount of money for cancer research and has created awareness since his initial diagnosis. Then you have Goody who is whoring herself out to every media outlet possible and the nation is watching her die in one very sick pantomime.

I'll bet she would have been there even if she didn't have cancer. I was thinking while reading all the stuff about the University Challenge lass how "the public" think its better to bet thick as shit and have "bucked the system" to become famous rather than to have a brain.

Edited by NJS

What's the story with the University Challenge lass?

The tabloids ran a bit of a hate campaign saying the lass who single-handedly won it for her team was arrogant and snooty - she wasn't she was just clever which is now a crime apparently.

Where hasn't recovered?

Loads of the mining communities for a start. The economy might have needed updating and the British coal industry was an example but she did it overnight with no foresight or care about what was left behind. Look at those places now, still fucked. Loads of other reasons I don't like her. Been done to death before on here however.

fucking hell

all there is to say on that

what exactly has jade goody done to deserve respect from anyone? since getting cancer shes paraded herself about without dignity or respectability, hasnt bothered raising money forany charities(ala SBR who should be up there)

fucking hell

What's Obama done apart from have black skin yet? He's done fuck all, apart from be a face for policy makers who adopted vote winning policies.

The ones in black are worthy of respect.

:razz: The SS are already on their way to re-educate you. :lol: