Douggy B

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BNP member attacked with hammer

_45566905_bnp.jpg

Violence broke out in Leigh where a BNP event was being held

A British National Party (BNP) member was attacked with a hammer when protesters arrived at a campaign event in Greater Manchester.

Violence broke out as 30 people surrounded a BNP vehicle outside the Ellesmere Pub in St Helens Road in Leigh on Friday evening.

Tony Ward, 48, was hit with a hammer and later treated in hospital.

A 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm, Greater Manchester Police said.

Officers arrived at the pub to discover the BNP's trailer had been overturned, said a police spokesman.

A traffic diversion was put in place on St Helen's Road, while the trailer was removed and the road was closed. It has since reopened.

One witness told BBC News: "They had hammers and they smacked the vehicle to pieces, smashed all the windows and tore off the bumper, completely decimated it.

"I was shocked at what I saw."

A BNP fundraising event had been due to take place at Pure nightclub in Leigh, but it was cancelled at the last minute.

Simon Darby, the party's deputy leader said: "This was a violent attack by a group of thugs in which one of our members was badly injured.

"But we will not be put off."

The BNP's Nick Griffin has been in the area to host the event, said Mr Darby.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7943556.stm

Depends what they did tbf.

Irrespective of what they did, I would also expect the "demonstrators", given the inflamatory nature of their protest, to be charged with something like "behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace" or some such. But it'll never happen.

:lol:

Re: the rest of it, did they break any laws that you know of. Irrespective of what you'd like to see, that is.

If the demonstrators had not as inflamatory, I would doubt the two arrested would have reacted, they were arrested for an offence (as yet unknown) BUT the catalyst was the nature of the demonstration, so likely there were two offences but only one was acted upon.

I'm not standing up for what they protesting about for one minute btw, they're utter cunts to my mind. I'm challenging your assumption the police were in the wrong to not arrest the demonstrators whilst arresting the two other people.

To use an abstract example, if I fill someone in because they're a prick, saying that they're a prick was the catalyst for the attack won't hold up in court, will it?

Remember that "peace" march video?

I'd have thought some of their placards were probably illegal, though.

Which one, the one I've already alluded to where the perpetrators were later arrested?

Anyway Fop, this is all a bit strange coming from you, I thought you held very strong beliefs about personal freedom and abuse from the police. Now you want to see people arrested for demonstrating?

Video of it was here: http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...c=22879&hl=

It's been removed for "breaches of terms" which is bizarre as it purely showed what happened - admittedly a lot of people have vested interest in such things not being seen - the BBC for example never even mentioned the whole thing.

they're entitled to protest

was it wise? - probably not - very counter productive

.......exactly, freedom of speech is there to protect the ideals and opinions that we disagree with otherwise whats the point in having it.

To a point, but would you agree people should be allowed to protest against black people or gays ???

thats the gist of it. Its OK to implement freedom of speech providing the left wing/do gooders/muslim racists/blacks/gays etc agree with what is being said. Otherwise it isn't OK.

How are we all feeling about this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...ming-march.html

There are plenty of threads about freedom of speech on here but nothing about those that abuse that right.

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech.

There are however two major issues here:

1. Some of those banners are probably illegal (and action should have been taken about that).

2. People demonstrating against say a conservative muslim march would not be allowed to do so/would be arrested for doing so (which is wrong, hypocritical and illegal - yet it does happen).

I'm not fishing here but genuinely interested. Do you have an example of this you can cite?

You can actually see it in this demonstration, when the more general crowd verbally turned on these demonstrators the police's gloves came off very quickly.

I'll take that as a no then.

Clearly you would anyway, as you're ignoring it in this case already. :lol:

Renton sussed :lol:

Irrespective of what they did, I would also expect the "demonstrators", given the inflamatory nature of their protest, to be charged with something like "behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace" or some such. But it'll never happen.

Quite a few in the London demo that proclaimed 'Death to those who insult Islam' and such bollocks were ultimately arrested were they not? For me this one is much more borderline and highlights the need to balance the right to free speech with the potential to incite public disorder. I'm not sure what the correct repsonse should have been tbh.

I hear a lot about muslims being allowed to do X, Y, and Z whereas white people would get arrested for it, but I've not seen many clear cut examples cited. Just like the supposed banning of the St George cross but not other national flags etc. It all sounds a bit Daily Mail without any proof to me.

I expect the Guardian doesn't print the type of articles you are looking for. Still, what the hell eh, that means its never happened. :lol:

Quite a few in the London demo that proclaimed 'Death to those who insult Islam' and such bollocks were ultimately arrested were they not? For me this one is much more borderline and highlights the need to balance the right to free speech with the potential to incite public disorder. I'm not sure what the correct repsonse should have been tbh.

I hear a lot about muslims being allowed to do X, Y, and Z whereas white people would get arrested for it, but I've not seen many clear cut examples cited. Just like the supposed banning of the St George cross but not other national flags etc. It all sounds a bit Daily Mail without any proof to me.

I expect the Guardian doesn't print the type of articles you are looking for. Still, what the hell eh, that means its never happened. :lol:

Wow. All these posts and mine are the ones you feel forced to respond to. Do you have any proof that the St George Cross has been specifically banned then? Or is it more likely it's an urban myth like Rob says? I must have told you at least a hundred time now btw that I don't read the Observer or Guardian. :lol:

Fop, I don't relly see the point in posting a video I can't even see. Surely you must have some better 'evidence' to back your views.

Fop, I don't relly see the point in posting a video I can't even see. Surely you must have some better 'evidence' to back your views.

It just goes to show how quickly things that they don't want you to see get covered up (it was hushed up in the general media too).

Yet it happened, as those that watched the video here can attest.

CONSPIRACY!

CONSPIRACY!!!!

CONSPIRACY!!!!

Whoooooooooooooooooo :lol::) :) :lol::icon_lol:

Why else would it be removed?

Why else would the BBC and such have never reported it in the first place (they reported on the non-violent ones)?

Although it's hardly the moon landing (but what is :lol:), it's just simple one of the many things the mainstream media decides to ignore (hell they've ignored Kosovo entirely for nearly a decade :icon_lol:).

Edited by Fop

Wow. All these posts and mine are the ones you feel forced to respond to. Do you have any proof that the St George Cross has been specifically banned then? Or is it more likely it's an urban myth like Rob says? I must have told you at least a hundred time now btw that I don't read the Observer or Guardian. :lol:

I suppose this will be totally ignored yet it gives the proof you are asking for, sorry if it pisses on your chips, just like the last time when you asked me to find where I said you had advocated "planning", and I went and linked to a post you made and you pathetically tried to wriggle out of your own comments.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1389502/posts

http://theopinionator.typepad.com/my_weblo...tly-ben-sm.html

Thats twice I've supplied "evidence"

Still. What the hell eh. I'm quite amazed a smart lad like you can't see how this particular problem is growing all the time, due to tosspots trying to tell the majority of normal minded people what they can and can't say in our own country.

Edited by LeazesMag

I suppose this will be totally ignored yet it gives the proof you are asking for, sorry if it pisses on your chips, just like the last time when you asked me to find where I said you had advocated "planning", and I went and linked to a post you made and you pathetically tried to wriggle out of your own comments.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1389502/posts

http://theopinionator.typepad.com/my_weblo...tly-ben-sm.html

Thats twice I've supplied "evidence"

Still. What the hell eh. I'm quite amazed a smart lad like you can't see how this particular problem is growing all the time, due to tosspots trying to tell the majority of normal minded people what they can and can't say in our own country.

Not particularly good evidence, also nice to get an insight into your web-surfing habits Leazes. The first link just seems to be from a weird neocon blog whose veracity can certainly be questioned. The second is from an extreme anti-islamic site and could easily have been made up. But even if it wasn't, so what? All it shows is an isolated case where some over zealous policeman has seemingly taken offence to the author of the piece for some reason. Hardly evidence of some systematic campaign to ban the St George cross, is it? However there is good evidence that no such campaign exists and it occurs every two years or so.

I honestly think its a bit sad you are clearly growing to hate our country on the back of non-stories from hate-sites such as these. Your loss really though I suppose.

Found it again, dunno how long it will be up for here though (maybe that's why you want the link :lol:).

Imagine football fans being allowed to do this. :lol:

Found it again, dunno how long it will be up for here though (maybe that's why you want the link :lol:).

What a bunch of tools

If they don't like the way we live here they should go back home if its so fkn great.

Round the b'stards at the demo up and deport them.

In the meerkat stylee - "Simples"

Again incredibly soft and passive policing - especially considering those pro-hunt protesters that were beaten half to death on live TV because people behind were "pushing a bit".

Guest Stevie

Our grandads fought for this, is that what they fought for? Bearded racist displaced cunts abusing our system and our way of life, taking the total cunt out of the police. I'm going to say anymore, I could say a lot more, I could break HTT's record for the biggest post seen on a message board, but you all know what I think, and this highlights it perfectly. Round them up soccermom, what I would do, I'd round them up get them all down to Dover, and send Nimrod's over their heads for two hours so they knew what was coming prolonging the agony like what they did to Ken Bigley, even that would be too good for the bastards. Why are they here?????

I've got no sound at work but can't really see anything out of the ordinary there compared to a lot of demonstrations tbh, I'm guessing its what they're deomonstrating about that is so unpalateble. Also I'm guessing it doesn't really follow up on the perpretrators - previously some islamists have been under surveillance and arrested well after demonstrations such as these for instance, as I've mentioned before and you know, and makes a lot of sense. I'll have a proper look later.

Happens all over Europe every week. :)

I've got no sound at work but can't really see anything out of the ordinary there compared to a lot of demonstrations tbh, I'm guessing its what they're deomonstrating about that is so unpalateble. Also I'm guessing it doesn't really follow up on the perpretrators - previously some islamists have been under surveillance and arrested well after demonstrations such as these for instance, as I've mentioned before and you know, and makes a lot of sense. I'll have a proper look later.

It's mostly what they are shouting for the first few mins, until they start attacking the police, then it's about "amazing" policing.

Check out the other video though the violence (and police passivity) is there from the off for those with a short attention span.

It's mostly what they are shouting for the first few mins, until they start attacking the police, then it's about "amazing" policing.

Check out the other video though the violence (and police passivity) is there from the off for those with a short attention span.

What do you want a batton charge?

Happens all over Europe every week. :lol:

I think is it's not so much a problem if everyone is policed in that way, but they are NOT.

Football supporters, pro-hunt protester or any other PC acceptable targets would be mown under police horse hooves for much, much less than that.

It's institutional racism/discrimination by the police - just because it's targeted in a different direction doesn't make it better or right. :lol:

Happens all over Europe every week. :lol:

I think is it's not so much a problem if everyone is policed in that way, but they are NOT.

Football supporters, pro-hunt protester or any other PC acceptable targets would be mown under police horse hooves for much, much less than that.

It's institutional racism/discrimination by the police - just because it's targeted in a different direction doesn't make it better or right. :)

Codswallop.

It's sensitive and commonsensical policing. Refreshing to see. :lol:

What do you want a batton charge?

Same as always:

Equality

Did you ever see what happened at that parliament square pro-hunt protest (it was live on news 24 at the time so there must be video about somewhere)?

Where they basically bludgeoned a load of people because people behind were pushing a bit (not throwing things, just crowd surging a bit) and the poor fuckers that were trapped between the crowd press and the railing were just laid into by the police despite looking more like Hillsborough victims than aggressors?

Or do you honestly think football supporters would get away with throwing fencing at police like this:

Codswallop.

It's sensitive and commonsensical policing. Refreshing to see. :lol:

Which is again fair enough IF it is for all, but it is not.

A different "crowd" doing the same thing would be destroyed - just look at the brutal policing at that climate camp recently. :lol: