360 has just broke

Sir Bob Almighty!

Well it does have a Trophy system but I don't really pay much attention to it.

Either way they are both really good consoles.

I prefer the PS3 as I use it as a Media centre, more serious gamers prefer the 360 I think because of the game selection but I only play shooters and football games really :baby:

You tried leaving it for a couple of hours and trying again? I once got the RRoD after taking it to a friends house, but a bit later it started working again and I haven't had the problem since.

I got the rings, rang a help desk and they said unplug EVERY lead from the back, wireless bits, controllers, etc. When I left it off for a minute and plugged it back in, it was up and running with no problems.

I got the rings, rang a help desk and they said unplug EVERY lead from the back, wireless bits, controllers, etc. When I left it off for a minute and plugged it back in, it was up and running with no problems.

Did you have 4 rings or three rings though, because it sounds like you had 4 rings.

three rings is complete hardware failure which is apparently caused because the components arent soldered well enough to withstand a lot of gameplay.

the 4 rings is some sort of power problem which seems to work again when plugging and unplugging.

I Think anyway.

I have a new one now like, i can play fallout 3 once again! BOOYAH!

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my xbox away after I found I had the dreaded '3 red lights' problem.

About a fortnight later I received a parcel in the mail with the accompanying note: "Blah blah blah we are terribly sorry for your inconvenience blah blah blah we care about our customers blah blah blah we have sent you a brand new console so that you do not have to wait any longer."

I was cockahoop with the fact they'd sent a brand new xbox, even though the warranty had expired on the old on. They'd even sent back my copy of Fifa that had been stuck in the disc tray. What excellent customer service I thought. I had my old harddrive so I could continue demolishing the premier league with my newcastle side...

Until the 3 red lights started circling the power button...

In horror I hastily checked the underside of the unit...to find the exact same serial number as the xbox I sent off.

Fucking incompetent bastards. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...