Our championship strikeforce is building nicely

Snake

Its sad times indeed, We have senior strikers like Owen and Martins who are imperative to the club yet Owen is leaving and aren't there rumours of Arsenal leaving? Saying that though there have always been rumours of Oba leaving.

I menioned previously about who has been tied up on a new contract since the clowns took over (i.e. not new signings) - Shola, Harper (only because Given left btw), Butt, S. Taylor, N'Zogbia (now away in any case) and Carroll. Planning for the future there like.

Its sad times indeed, We have senior strikers like Owen and Martins who are imperative to the club yet Owen is leaving and aren't there rumours of Arsenal leaving? Saying that though there have always been rumours of Oba leaving.

Aye, we used to be after 20+ Premiership goals a season strikers....... not so much any more.

Not so sure they are 20 Championship goals a season strikers. B)

I menioned previously about who has been tied up on a new contract since the clowns took over (i.e. not new signings) - Shola, Harper (only because Given left btw), Butt, S. Taylor, N'Zogbia (now away in any case) and Carroll. Planning for the future there like.

I suspect that our crack recruitment team could easily find lower league strikers at least as good as Ameobi and Carroll but with far more potential but Ashley won't pay the money hence the new contracts. Adds more credibility to the theory that he's penny pinching for as long as it takes to sell the club

I suspect that our crack recruitment team could easily find lower league strikers at least as good as Ameobi and Carroll but with far more potential but Ashley won't pay the money hence the new contracts. Adds more credibility to the theory that he's penny pinching for as long as it takes to sell the club

The way he's going the club will be liquidated before it's sold, a League 1 club isn't worth much.