Kinnear told to take his time

Scottish Mag

Joe shouldn't come back for his own health and for the good of the club. This seems obvious to most people I think. The only thing that worries me is who'd they get in next......just when you think things can't get worse, they've risen magnificently to the challenge of fucking it up further. I might put a fiver on Howard Wilkinson....

Dodgy ticker.

Since when has being an old cantakerous medically challenged know-nowt bastard been a drawback for us? I give you Souness, Kinnear and whichever other resident of the Sunnyside Football Managers Resthome cares to apply in future. In fact no application necessary, wee Dennis will hunt them out.

Souness had a heart attack as well didn't he? :(

Not sure, I think he had open heart surgery though which saved his life. And gave him the strength to destroy our football club. I assume the surgeon was a mackem.

Joe shouldn't come back for his own health and for the good of the club. This seems obvious to most people I think. The only thing that worries me is who'd they get in next......just when you think things can't get worse, they've risen magnificently to the challenge of fucking it up further. I might put a fiver on Howard Wilkinson....

Dodgy ticker.

Since when has being an old cantakerous medically challenged know-nowt bastard been a drawback for us? I give you Souness, Kinnear and whichever other resident of the Sunnyside Football Managers Resthome cares to apply in future. In fact no application necessary, wee Dennis will hunt them out.

Souness had a heart attack as well didn't he? :(

Not sure, I think he had open heart surgery though which saved his life. And gave him the strength to destroy our football club. I assume the surgeon was a mackem.

:(

In fairness though, Souness almost feels like Good Times™ now. :razz:

Not convinced we're any worse off without Kinnear than we would have been anyway given how inept and out of his depth he clearly was/is.

Not convinced we're any worse off without Kinnear than we would have been anyway given how inept and out of his depth he clearly was/is.

I think we'd have been better but not by much because as you say he's miles out of his depth, just not quite as far out as Hughton and you always have that worry that while neither is good enough, the players might take Hughton alot less seriously.

I think Kinnear may have sneaked a win at Hull as it was so there for the taking and it took some stupendously shit team selection to not win it.

But if the club or Kinnear himself seriously think he should return to managing us fulltime then they are insane and he has a deathwish because this club is worse than any other for stressing out a manager!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Managing this club would be the equivalent of smoking 4 packs of cigarrettes and eating two greasy pizzas with pepperoni a day for someone with the health issues of JFK. Just don't do it man! I would not be surprised if he drops dead in the dugout in the middle of a game.

Just look at Keegans hair as well - 1992 a nice wholesome forest of Brown, come 1997 it is greyer than a 95 year old's - probably would've had a breakdown if he hung around for 6 more months.

The joke is I bet Ashley/Llambias reckon if only JFK comes back, we'll be OK. Personally I don't think it'll make any difference to us but could have serious implications for him. The best thing he could do is to call it a day and go and sit on a beach a long way away till the season's over. We need some massive luck and massive effort to get out of jail, the first comes from the Good Lord/Fate/Karma/Lady Luck and the second from the players. Joe effin' and blindin' in the dug out and giving himself a beetroot faced coronary won't change a thing imo.

It beggars belief that the management havent already addressed the managerial situation. Kinnear, who clearly isnt the solution to our long term plans, has serious health problems and a severance package would surely be in the best interests of both parties? The club could have brought in one of those top managers who were banging on the chairmans door and we would have had a much better opportunity to get out of this mess.

Every few years a "big" club gets relegated and then steadily continue their decline. I can seriously see this happening with us this year. Before the weekend, I had our chances of survival at 25%, this week its now about 20%. I did a quick league predictor on the BBC site and has us staying up with 37 points (Sunderland, Boro & West Brom relegated), 2 points above the drop.

I'd love to think that we were going into the final game of the season at risk of going down, staying up by the skin of our teeth with the board realising that something drastic has to be done, however I have little faith that they will even act upon that. Ashley's time is up here he needs to go.

I think we'd have been better but not by much because as you say he's miles out of his depth, just not quite as far out as Hughton and you always have that worry that while neither is good enough, the players might take Hughton alot less seriously.

I think Kinnear may have sneaked a win at Hull as it was so there for the taking and it took some stupendously shit team selection to not win it.

But if the club or Kinnear himself seriously think he should return to managing us fulltime then they are insane and he has a deathwish because this club is worse than any other for stressing out a manager!

Fair comment and staying up / going down could be a matter of a point or two (or even less).

Fair comment and staying up / going down could be a matter of a point or two (or even less).

Indeed, could even go as far as goal diff or goals scored and whilst ours is currently better than some of the teams down there, we have chelsea and liverpool yet to play so need to at the very least avoid big defeats if we must lose at all.

Managing this club would be the equivalent of smoking 4 packs of cigarrettes and eating two greasy pizzas with pepperoni a day for someone with the health issues of JFK. Just don't do it man! I would not be surprised if he drops dead in the dugout in the middle of a game.

:huh: giz the job

I tend to load up frozen pizza's with more olive oil, crushed garlic, chilli and spread a copious layer of spag bog sauce on for good measure. One would stop JK's heart in 10 secs.

I tend to load up frozen pizza's with more olive oil, crushed garlic, chilli and spread a copious layer of spag bog sauce on for good measure. One would stop JK's heart in 10 secs.

:huh:

Parky - heart of a lion, gut of a rhinoceros