Im going to make you all happy

JawD

HULL are planning a swoop for Newcastle strike star Shola Ameobi.

Tigers boss Phil Brown will move for the 27-year-old in the summer - regardless of whether his side stay in the Premier League.

Brown wants a powerful forward with top-flight experience and Ameobi will be available for around £2million. Newcastle bosses are ready to offload Ameobi in the close season - despite awarding him a new three-year contract in January.

But Hull face competition from Middlesbrough for the former England Under-21 hitman - providing Gareth Southgate survives as Riverside boss.

Ameobi turned down a move to Stoke last year to fight for his place at Newcastle but he is behind Peter Lovenkrands, Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins in the pecking order. And the Nigeria-born ace will need to be convinced a move to either Hull or Boro will benefit his career.

Mind, its the News of the World.

He wont go though, hes like a bad case of the clap, no matter how many times you scrub your nob its still there in the morning.

Im starting to believe that only a stake through the heart will end the nightmare.

But Hull face competition from Middlesbrough for the former England Under-21 hitman - providing Gareth Southgate survives as Riverside boss.

That alone should be enough to tell Gibson its time to get rid.

If he went for £5m you wouldn't be confident a replacement would be bought with the money anyway. Fair enough, you might argue no one would notice the difference since he's such a waste of space but I'm sure you all know what I'm getting at.

Carroll is looking more the part now and I'd certainly start him over Shola. Its a good point about replacing him, but then again do we have others who would step in front of him also? Owen, Martins, Carrol & Viduka we have technically, not to mention some of the promising youngsters like Ranger that might get a look in before the seasons out. Keeping them all fit it another matter.

If he went for £5m you wouldn't be confident a replacement would be bought with the money anyway. Fair enough, you might argue no one would notice the difference since he's such a waste of space but I'm sure you all know what I'm getting at.

You know what though? its come to the point with Shola that Id happily see him sold and Llambias come out and say "weve sold Shola and spent the cash on drugs and hookers for me and Mike".

Id still give out a little bit of sex wee.

Fair enough. I'd love to see him sold. The squad needs some major re-investment though. Plus there's no way Viduka will be here next year and Owen could well be off too.

I agree about Viduka, not sure about Owen. I reckon Owen would want reassurances as wont want to go through this shite again. I think if we make some half decent investment without having to flog half the first team then he might stay. But, we know we wont spend big. I cant see us spending £10M on one player for a long time. Then again, I dont think thats what we should be doing. We need depth, we need numbers. We have too much dead wood not willing to pull their weight. Or simply not good enough. Its been said before, why spend £7-£10M on La Liga players when you can look at Sweden etc and pick up some decent players that might do just as good a job and not hide away when it gets tough.

My bigger worry as that bringing Shearer in paper the cracks. If we start the season back with Kinnear and Shearer goes back to his sofa I think we are fucked. No matter what investment. I just dont trust the judgement of JFK and his team. Not just about playing, but the whole set up.

Kinnear's palpably out of his depth. If the people in charge are really even thinking about giving him a contract we're fucked.

Kinnear's palpably out of his depth. If the people in charge are really even thinking about giving him a contract we're fucked.

Worrying isnt it.

I think he basically still lives in his Wimbledon days.

Worrying isnt it.

Don't think another club would touch him. Not a PL team anyway. I'd rather have Souness. And I mean that :lol:

I agree about Viduka, not sure about Owen. I reckon Owen would want reassurances as wont want to go through this shite again. I think if we make some half decent investment without having to flog half the first team then he might stay. But, we know we wont spend big. I cant see us spending £10M on one player for a long time. Then again, I dont think thats what we should be doing. We need depth, we need numbers. We have too much dead wood not willing to pull their weight. Or simply not good enough. Its been said before, why spend £7-£10M on La Liga players when you can look at Sweden etc and pick up some decent players that might do just as good a job and not hide away when it gets tough.

My bigger worry as that bringing Shearer in paper the cracks. If we start the season back with Kinnear and Shearer goes back to his sofa I think we are fucked. No matter what investment. I just dont trust the judgement of JFK and his team. Not just about playing, but the whole set up.

At the end of the day/season this isnt going to magically get better. I would love to wake up from this nightmare and see us sitting in mid-table mediocrity with a chairman who would at least look like he wanted to sort it out. Aint gonna happen though and the further down the line we go the worse it will get.

I may be the most cynical bastard going but it doesnt show any signs of getting better and every day Cashley loses money elsewhere is another nail in our coffin.

You're right PP. This predicament has been waiting to happen over the last few seasons tbf. I think our state has just been escalated by the arrival and actions of MA. We've struggled with the last few managers but had a squad good enough to keep us mid table. Now a lack of investment and selling of key players, together with existing players getting older and some loosing their desire has left the squad in a mess. Then add in a fucking joke period of managerial roles and look where we are. No real shock is it.

Edit: Oh and recovering takes as long as failure. The club needs an overhaul like never before. Not just on the pitch it seems.

Edited by JawD

Worrying isnt it.

Don't think another club would touch him. Not a PL team anyway. I'd rather have Souness. And I mean that :lol:

can I quote you on that Alex :lol:

Worrying isnt it.

can I quote you on that Alex :lol:

You just did :lol:

You know what though? its come to the point with Shola that Id happily see him sold and Llambias come out and say "weve sold Shola and spent the cash on drugs and hookers for me and Mike".

Id still give out a little bit of sex wee.

:lol:

I'm really getting to that point myself now as well, though the realist in me agrees with Alex that if we ended up losing Owen and Viduka and possibly Martins that we have hardly any strikers left.

Owen could go on a free as could Viduka iirc. Martins though would be sold. Shola would be sold. I really really dont think Shola is that hard to replace. Owen/Martins though is another matter.

Owen could go on a free as could Viduka iirc. Martins though would be sold. Shola would be sold. I really really dont think Shola is that hard to replace. Owen/Martins though is another matter.

To be fair i think he could be quite hard to replace, it wouldn't be that easy to find somebody else that inept, lazy and incapable of ever striking a ball cleanly even once in their entire career!

To be fair i think he could be quite hard to replace, it wouldn't be that easy to find somebody else that inept, lazy and incapable of ever striking a ball cleanly even once in their entire career!

Stephen_Hawking.jpg

Stephen_Hawking.jpg

:lol:

be fair to old Stevie though, I bet he moves faster than Shola!