Next Season: what's worse ?

Jimbo

What's worse next season ??  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure whether i grasp it totally but even in a worse case scenario where ashley bails and sells at a cut price and demands repayment of his personal loan then could all that not be packaged as a loan against the club in the same way that every other premiership club has loans against them?

I would have said in that scenario though that every other club has loans either through reputable banks or their owner, in both cases the closure of the loan is not in the best interests of those providing the loan. When its owed by some bitter ex-owner/random individual then who knows what will happen, it could mean the calling in of the debt at any time when Ashley felt he wanted/needed the cash.

Not sure whether i grasp it totally but even in a worse case scenario where ashley bails and sells at a cut price and demands repayment of his personal loan then could all that not be packaged as a loan against the club in the same way that every other premiership club has loans against them?

So in short, nothing the fat man has done will have been of lasting benefit? (not to mention the monumetal fuckup of relegation) We'd still be as much in debt as everyone else?

Edited by Asprilla

So in short, nothing the fat man has done will have been of lasting benefit? (not to mention the monumetal fuckup of relegation) We'd still be as much in debt as everyone else?

SJP Holdings owes one of Ashley's bank accounts apparently (call it SportsDirect). Therefore if SD calls in the loan from SJPH, the club will probaly go into administration. This would destroy all equity and value of the asset, which is ultimately owned by the same person, rendering it financial spasticide.

I think we'll be alright for the first season, 40m parachute plus most of the Milner, Given and N'Zogbia money. Its the season after thats the issue for me.

SJP Holdings owes one of Ashley's bank accounts apparently (call it SportsDirect). Therefore if SD calls in the loan from SJPH, the club will probaly go into administration. This would destroy all equity and value of the asset, which is ultimately owned by the same person, rendering it financial spasticide.

I think we'll be alright for the first season, 40m parachute plus most of the Milner, Given and N'Zogbia money. Its the season after thats the issue for me.

Thanks for the info.

I'd hate it if someone smacked Mike Ashley really, really hard in the face.

By which time he's hopefully fucked off after selling the club at a knockdown price to someone who has more idea than him