Viduka wants to stay at Newcastle...

OTF

the mans a multi millionare, i reckon as hes not retired from australia's squad yet, that he will continue at a top flight club. he needs this to be able to get into the australia team, and i reckon next season he will be here. and putting in roughly 5 good performances before the summer.

That's what may clinch it, just got to hope he'll take a pay cut to maximise his chances of playing. Although knowing NUFC we'll probably pay a fortune again to keep him and buy no one else at all over the summer. :D

The ball is in our court. We can offer him what we like, because he needs 1st team football if he wants to play for Oz and his injury record and age means he is not going to be in high demand from other teams.

I think Shearer will continue to cajole him and get what he can from him till the end of the season, then (assuming AS stays) sack him off.

And I hope that's precisely what he does as well.

reduced weekly wage like manure do with their o.a.p's

cant see shearer lettin him sit in the medical room for the rest of his carear , reckon he will get alot outa duke myself

reduced weekly wage like manure do with their o.a.p's

cant see shearer lettin him sit in the medical room for the rest of his carear , reckon he will get alot outa duke myself

I agree, I don't think Alan's going to let players play Xbox all week with a doctor's note.

Be stupid for Ashley to leave him on the payroll aswell, considering his "cost cutting" techniques, surely he'll want to reduce it some more this summer (same as Geremi too).