The Championship next season

Guest Stevie

does anyone know if peterbroughs away end is still terraced? my uncle lives there and i wont be missing that one. will this be the only terrace in the championship if it is a terrace?

I think I read somewhere yesterday that it is.

does anyone know if peterbroughs away end is still terraced? my uncle lives there and i wont be missing that one. will this be the only terrace in the championship if it is a terrace?

I think I read somewhere yesterday that it is.

Wiki:

Currently the stands behind either goal, London Road end and Moyes end (away fans), are both still terraced. However, in 1996 the new South stand was opened on Glebe road. Originally, the back gardens of the houses off Glebe Road looked out directly onto the Pitch.

The South stand: 5000 London Road Terrace: 3000 Moys End Terrace: 3600 Main (north) Stand: 4000

There are plans to build a new 25000 all seater stadium on the city's embankment, these plans are still in the feasibility stage.

will be great day out there if it is a terrace. I was there around 2001 time and they were in 2nd division, league 1 now, was good standing on the terrace but it was pretty emtpy as most the locals there supported man u, liverpool, probably chelsea now too, and I believe they still will support these teams, but I think it will be jumping when newcastle are there.

Thats just a guess mate because i dont really notice it when i go on the train to london. Normally drunk by the time i get there and drunk by the time I leave. other than that when we go to my uncles my dad normally drives.

It really is not far at all, I have met Newcastle fans at kings cross who have told me they left there cars at peterbrough station because it was easier to get parked there, then they take the train to Kings Cross.

Guest Stevie

I do the trip a canny bit on that line its about 50 mins on the toon train, Pboro London, but the shite trains from Kings Cross about 80 mins.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we are in for a very tough season.

There seems to be a lot of clubs going for promotion who have had/ will have a lot better preparation than us.

Unless we find a buyer very quickly - an organised buyer who will invest - next season is going to be shite.

Have we missed a trick here!

its been over a month since the season finished and we have yet to sign anyone. In the last 4 weeks a lot of people would have been deciding whether to buy or renew their season tickets.

What better way to sell more tickets than getting a couple of new players! I understand GJ wants to bring the right players in but surely there have been 1 or 2 quality players that have been available recently!

its been a few weeks... and nothing.

who is going to join the club or authorise cash out when we don't have a manager and the owner is desperately trying to e-bay us?

I have just looked at www.teamtalk.com and they have already updated the league tables.

We are 12th in the Championship!

Damn you alphabet!

A few key dates for next year...

June 17th Fixtures released (10am)

August

8th Season Start

10th (w/c) Carling Cup Round 1

24th (w/c) Carling Cup Round 2

31st (w/c)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Round 1

September

21st (w/c) Carling Cup Round 3

October

5th (w/c) Johnstone's Paint Trophy Round 2

26th (w/c) Carling Cup Round 4

November

9th (w/c) Johnstone's Paint Trophy Area-Quarter Finals

30th (w/c) Carling Cup Round 5

December

14th (w/c) Johnstone's Paint Trophy Area Semi-Final

January

4th (w/c) Carling Cup Semi-Final (Leg 1)

18th (w/c) Carling Cup Semi-Final (Leg 2)

18th (w/c) Johnstone's Paint Trophy Area Final (Leg 1)

February

15th (w/c) Johnstone's Paint Trophy Area Final (Leg 2)

28th Carling Cup Final (Wembley Stadium)

March

28th Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final (Wembley Stadium)

April

May

2nd Season Finish - Coca-Cola Championship

8th Season Finish - Coca-Cola League 1 & League 2

22nd Coca-Cola Championship Play-Off Final (Wembley Stadium)

29th Coca-Cola League 1 Play-Off Final (Wembley Stadium)

30th Coca-Cola League 2 Play-Off Final (Wembley Stadium)

• 3 weeks later...