Aberdeen

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

Me and my manager are doing a couple of client visits back end of June. We're doing the toon on the Weds, Glasgow and Edinburgh the Thurs, and Aberdeen on the Friday, we were thinking about having a night out up there on the Friday night cos our last meeting is 5pm on the Friday, and it's nigh on impossible for me to get a train home after 6 from there. Neither of us have been does anyone know what it's like? Any nice restaurants? Is it full of munters? Is the nightlife good? Is there anything to do? Are the people good crack? etc..etc.........

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my manager are doing a couple of client visits back end of June. We're doing the toon on the Weds, Glasgow and Edinburgh the Thurs, and Aberdeen on the Friday, we were thinking about having a night out up there on the Friday night cos our last meeting is 5pm on the Friday, and it's nigh on impossible for me to get a train home after 6 from there. Neither of us have been does anyone know what it's like? Any nice restaurants? Is it full of munters? Is the nightlife good? Is there anything to do? Are the people good crack? etc..etc.........

It's fucking cold and listless, populated by whinners and clueless buffoonery is rewarded so I'm told.

Maybe someone who's been should reply tho. :good:

Guest Stevie

It's fucking cold and listless, populated by whinners and clueless buffoonery is rewarded so I'm told.

I'll be alright then.

I'll be alright then.

If you want to wind them up go on about oil revenues. :)

Dreadful dump - Friday is FIGHT night...............

should book soon if you're going to stay - hotel rooms are scarce in Aberdeen - the hotels at the Airport are uniformly dreadful - full of people outbound or inbound to the rigs

The Holiday Inn EXPRESS in the town centre is very central and good if you just want to crash after eating

best restaurants from my list - and take it from me I have SUFFERED to put this together:-

The Silver Darling - swish place on the harbour - fabulous setting, food is good but prices are Oil Company Expenses variety

Howies, 50 Chapel Street, Aberdeen - good, modern, very central

The Olive Tree Restaurant & the Black Olive Bistro , Queen's Road, Aberdeen www.olive-tree.co.uk Telephone 01224 208877 - quite smart & reasonably central

Royal Thai, Crown Terrace, Aberdeen Telephone 01224 212922 - central and a really good Thai - not cheap

Nargile, Skene Street, Aberdeen - Torkish - central, good, good atmosphere

Rustico, Union Row, Aberdeen - Italian - good atmosphere but food is reasonable only - very central

There is a "fry" on every other corner if you feel the need for CHIPS

what can I say.................

That I used to go up as a bairn with my Granda? But due to his ill health we stopped going up?

Guest alex
I'm sure Alex will pipe up with one of his ooohhh it's all so nice posts....Like he does about anywhere he goes the nimbus.

Didn't even understand that one tbh.

Guest Stevie

should book soon if you're going to stay - hotel rooms are scarce in Aberdeen - the hotels at the Airport are uniformly dreadful - full of people outbound or inbound to the rigs

The Holiday Inn EXPRESS in the town centre is very central and good if you just want to crash after eating

best restaurants from my list - and take it from me I have SUFFERED to put this together:-

The Silver Darling - swish place on the harbour - fabulous setting, food is good but prices are Oil Company Expenses variety

The Olive Tree Restaurant & the Black Olive Bistro , Queen's Road, Aberdeen www.olive-tree.co.uk Telephone 01224 208877 - quite smart & reasonably central

Royal Thai, Crown Terrace, Aberdeen Telephone 01224 212922 - central and a really good Thai - not cheap

Rustico, Union Row, Aberdeen - Italian - good atmosphere but food is reasonable only - very central

Cheers for the tips.

I'm sure Alex will pipe up with one of his ooohhh it's all so nice posts....Like he does about anywhere he goes the nimbus.

Didn't even understand that one tbh.

Parky's in a strange mood today (or less politely being a dick :good:).

Never been to Aberdeen and have no desire to, but they had a representative on 'Britain's worst pubs' on Sky and predictably it looked shite. Not as bad as the one they had in Birmingham though in the same episode which was truly scary.

I lived in Aberdeen for about five years and spent most of them as a student going to various pubs. Most of the places I went - and generally most places with alcohol in Aberdeen - will be full of students so bear that in mind. You might be lucky with them all being away home for the summer, though.

Belmont Street is the hub of the city. One street littered with pubs - every third building is either a pub or a club. Go there and you're bound to find something you like.

For clubs, depends what you're after.

Indie: Exodus (at the end of Belmont Street, very handy)

A bit more rock: Moshulu

Arty: Snafu

Underage girls/general tarts: Liquid, Priory (Belmont Street), Espionage (free, at the end of Belmont Street)

Older women: College Bar

Late night licence without the pretence of dancing: Drummonds (Belmont Street). There might be some local bands playing on a Friday night.

For restaurants: Nargile's is a good shout. Silver Darling is supposed to be really good but I'm not a fish man so I've never been. If you fancy Italian then try Poldino's on Little Belmont Street.

I have no idea about hotels, but I have heard they're pretty scarce so make sure you book early.

I haven't been for a night out since I moved away about a year ago but I reckon most of this will still be the case.

This is all quite general information, if you have any more specific questions I'll have a pop back in here and have a look.

the ones down by the harbour are VERY rough indeed

but as long as you've got decent clothes on, are not out of your face by 21:30, are reasonably pleasant and don't talk about your job all the time you'll have no trouble picking up just about any lass in town

the native blokes are as horrible as only Scots can be (and cheap with it) and the oil field trash are a bunch of loud obnoxious self centered bastards

but as long as you've got decent clothes on, are not out of your face by 21:30, are reasonably pleasant and don't talk about your job all the time you'll have no trouble picking up just about any lass in town

the native blokes are as horrible as only Scots can be (and cheap with it) and the oil field trash are a bunch of loud obnoxious self centered bastards

Even then, not sure Stevie will make the cut.

Guest Stevie

Even then, not sure Stevie will make the cut.

:) Brush up areet me son :good:. Scotland is the easiest place to pull in the universe, been to Glasgow on nights out 5 times, pulled 4 times, which is fucking good going, when you think you go to London and it's very different.

I've heard Aberdeen people are ugly as fuck though sadly, and the town's very grey, and they say Ken every five words even when you're not called Ken.

Guest Stevie
Predictably I fucking love Aberdeen.

Have fun with the accent. :good:

I know the accent, it can make a 17 year old sound about 80. It's only for one night like. We've got a big slot through the day where we're doing nothing, are there any large golf courses knocking about?

Predictably I fucking love Aberdeen.

Have fun with the accent. :good:

I know the accent, it can make a 17 year old sound about 80. It's only for one night like. We've got a big slot through the day where we're doing nothing, are there any large golf courses knocking about?

The only golf course I know if is the one next to Pittodrie Stadium. Of course, it's inbetween the stadium and the sea, so I can't imagine it's particularly big, and if it is, I can imagine the sea air being an absolute bitch! :)