Who'll stay

Guest Hova

Guthrie couldn't pass the ball 5yards yesterday.

Where's all the love for Duff coming from? Because he put in a shift at left back? He wasn't great there, and IMO is one of the reasons we've been relegated. £5m transfer fee, £60k per week.(?)

Seems we got him at that cheap price for a reason. He's not half the player he was.

But considerably better than what else we have.

We need current players to build the nucleus of a new team around. Duff and Guthrie would be a wise choice IMO.

I really don't think he is. As a winger, what does he offer? How many goals/crosses/assists has he contributed over the past few seasons?

Duff seems a good lad, he's on "Rolls Royce wages", playing like a clown. I think we'd be better off looking for a winger who can either beat a man or cross a ball.

I really don't think he is. As a winger, what does he offer? How many goals/crosses/assists has he contributed over the past few seasons?

Duff seems a good lad, he's on "Rolls Royce wages", playing like a clown. I think we'd be better off looking for a winger who can either beat a man or cross a ball.

Who says he has to be a winger?

When we got relegated last time out we had a young striker by the name of Steve Howey who, although promising in the reserves, was absolute horse-shit.

By the time we came back up, he was one of the most accomplished central defenders, not only in the 1st Division but in the English League and went on to play for England.

What's to say Duff doesn't transform into a decent LB? He's shown promise IMO.

Who says he has to be a winger?

When we got relegated last time out we had a young striker by the name of Steve Howey who, although promising in the reserves, was absolute horse-shit.

By the time we came back up, he was one of the most accomplished central defenders, not only in the 1st Division but in the English League and went on to play for England.

What's to say Duff doesn't transform into a decent LB? He's shown promise IMO.

At his age? Get a grip.

Beye, S. Taylor, Bassong and Martins: These players will easily find themselves a new Premiership club if they want to. There will probably be interest in Harper as well.

Duff, Nolan: Will probably get offers from clubs like Blackburn, Wigan or one of the promoted sides.

Coloccini, Gutierrez: Fairly certain they will be shifted to Spanish clubs IMO. It will probably be up to us to decide if we want to keep Enrique.

Smith, Geremi: Absolute rubbish and on huge wages, so will be very hard to get rid of. Geremi could well decide to stay on for another year since there's no way he'll be paid anywhere near as much by any of the Turkish or Greek clubs that were supposedly interested in him last year. And as much as I like Shearer, I'm worried he may actually rate Smith.

Edited by Bombadil