The Next FM Challenge

Andrew

Ive just downloaded the weegie update and winrar to extract the files....any ideas what i do next? I was kind of hoping it would do itself but im guessing i need to drag and drop some files some where...somehow?

go into your docs> sports interactive> fm09> db

drop it in there

Well ive dropped the file in the BD folder but when i start the game the update doesnt appear to have taken effect, do i have to activate it or something? I literally opened the db file, grabbed the whole weegie folder and put it in there is that right? Help me please, im a fool!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just lost 7-2 to the mackems.

15players away on international duty. all of my team is either current full internationals, or youth internationals, so I was left to play my u18's and the likes of Leadbitter.

disaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Plodding along in my game, I'm top of the table, Adriano and Martins scoring quite happily, but the two new wingers chipping in with the odd goal too.

tableuzq.png

Right started a new one.

So far have brought in the following on a free transfer.

Maniche

Vennegoor of Hesselink

Jorge Andrade

Nuno Valente

Stefano Fiore

Iosu Ozoidi (Young Spanish Winger)

Seyfo Soley.

I've decided not to buy anyone until mike has left the club. In the middle of a board takeover at the moment.

Bit i did sell Jonas to man city for 13 million.

I so far have an unhappy Colo and Bassong wanting out but the rest are okay so far.

top of the league so far after 4 games. 3 wins and a draw.

only lost once in the cup to Swansea so far. (I blame that on playing my back up players who are not match fit).

So still top of league. Board takeover has falling through. So I've decided I'm going to spend some of the cash (325k) on a 18 right winger from Argentina. Who's name escapes me.

• 1 month later...

Right update on this was I finished winners of the championship, 11 in the premier league and then 5th in the premier league.

I then took over the Man U Job after they finished 6th.

I won the League, FA Cup and Europa League. :)

Resigned after one season took over 11th place Leeds in the championship in November. In February. not lost a game yet. however most of these have been draws and a couple games I've thrown away a 2 goal lead as well.

However their should be a weegie update later today that I'll start with.

Right update on this was I finished winners of the championship, 11 in the premier league and then 5th in the premier league.

I then took over the Man U Job after they finished 6th.

I won the League, FA Cup and Europa League. :)

Resigned after one season took over 11th place Leeds in the championship in November. In February. not lost a game yet. however most of these have been draws and a couple games I've thrown away a 2 goal lead as well.

However their should be a weegie update later today that I'll start with.

Aye I was going to mention it

I've done this a few times now, most recently after a season in the championship got a mental takeover, finished 9th first pl season 3rd in the second and won the FA cup

city are dominating in a serious way though

Edited by Andrew

Took this on a bit late, i'm using the ADDM Data Update which is pretty much the same, (I think better) and contains latest transfers upto about a week ago.

Comfortably won the championship

111.jpg

Some tranfsers I made, unrealistic :(

11.jpg

Ishmael Miller has been on fire this season, getting top scorer by quite a comfortable margin

1111.jpg

Antonio Mihaylov, signed him in January and seen that Miller had blown the top scorer award out the window so I started this guy. Scored 9 games in a row. Fantastic youth product for me.

1-1.jpg

We're in debt now and there's been nothing of a hint of a takeover this season. But now that we're in debt i'm hoping fatty and llambiarse will fuck off and bring me some tycoons :)

11111.jpg

Premiership here I come.

Sitting pretty at the top of the Championship, haven't lost for over 15 games, Adriano and Martins scoring a hatful, as is Helder Rosario, scores a stack at corners.

Buonanotte, Acosta are fucking brilliant.

Aye the Championship is way too easy, real test will be the Premiership.

TBF I played L'pool away in the FA Cup and I fielded a youth squad and only got beat 3-1, and I dominated possession and chances. Doubt it will be as easy as that though.

I think the problem with the updates is that they don't change reputations simply because it would be very hard to fine tune

Being us in the newgame won't be anywhere near as easy as the updated 09s

Yeah, the one i'm playing is a little difficult. Only reason I got Drenthe is because I offered him a big wage budget and he was unhappy at Madrid. Hard to sign anyone over 5m tbh. But even without signings i think I would of pissed the league.

But yeah, cant wait for 2010.

There's a lot of poor teams in the updates, but yeah I'm hoping that the person that takes over the club from Ashley is not Derek "Not spending any money" Llambias

Cocking Fucking Tossing Wank Bag

thing is if you get FMRTE you can edit the stats of whoever takes you over, give them more resources, check the sugar daddy and you're set :P

nb: I have never done this...:baby:

New weegie update has us with zero to spend.

sounds about right, what % of funds from transfers do we get?

checked and its 80% which from a game pov im glad for but from a realism one im not

Edited by Andrew

Think i might start as le harve see how newcastle get on and try and get the job. :P

I managed till November until they asked me to resign for applying for to many jobs. :baby: I had them sitting just out of promotion in 4th.

Crubs got the toon job.

So I'm now on holiday until I get another job.

;)

Think i might start as le harve see how newcastle get on and try and get the job. :P

I managed till November until they asked me to resign for applying for to many jobs. :baby: I had them sitting just out of promotion in 4th.

Curbs got the toon job.

;)

thats happening on mine too

Curbs got the toon job.

;)

At the expensive of yourself?

Curbs got the toon job.

;)

At the expensive of yourself?

hes getting it very early on if I start as anyone else