One for Isegrim

sammynb

Bet it was a tough group too... How many did you put past the mighty American Samoa this time? :lol:

p.s. you're a big gallah

Edited by The Fish

?

Comment you made last world cup about them making it.

And fish you fucking mong, we are part of Asian now days and play a lot more games against better opposition, in tougher conditions. We wish we could try and fuck it up against Andorra like Ingerlund does.

Talk to Neu Zeelund if you want to talk America Samoa.

BTW - I have nothing against Australia, I just couldn't stand Craig Moore.

Fair call that, he's Scottish anyway :lol:

I can't find it and I might have to apologise that it wasn't you. It was something along the lines of devaluing the WC because Australia qualified.

Anyway fook it, let's all laugh at Fish instead!

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...ost&p=86056

I was talking about this last night. The smaller footballing nations should have to go through more "rounds" to get to the cup and, much as they do with the FA Cup, bigger teams should get a "by" to the later stages.

This could easily done with the current rankings and what not.

I still think the WC finals should be the best teams in the world not the watered down version we have.

Well sniffer you tool :lol: if that was the case as Australia is the number one ranked team in Asia, I'd still be in Suth Afreka.

What about you?

I was talking about this last night. The smaller footballing nations should have to go through more "rounds" to get to the cup and, much as they do with the FA Cup, bigger teams should get a "by" to the later stages.

This could easily done with the current rankings and what not.

:lol:

Come on Dave go all stevie on us and give us a few attendance stats!

To qualify through Asia if you're not a ranked team, Australia obviously making the last 32 in the 06 WC are, have to play 32 matches to qualify. A ranked team has to play 16, that not enough for you?

where did I say Australia wouldn't be amongst the "big teams"?

calm down Sammy

I'm talking about Italy to Uzbekistan to play out a turgid 1-0 win. It's a waste of time, and talent. Who're the top 30 teams at the moment off FIFA ranking?

1 Spain 1761 0 32

2 Netherlands 1442 1 82

3 Germany 1378 -1 16

4 Italy 1292 1 21

5 Brazil 1288 -1 7

6 England 1225 1 52

7 Argentina 1203 -1 8

8 Croatia 1200 0 49

9 Russia 1167 0 50

10 France 1067 0 -7

11 Portugal 1004 0 -9

12 Turkey 964 2 41

13 Paraguay 961 4 55

14 USA 947 1 28

15 Czech Republic 943 -3 -25

16 Switzerland 931 2 48

17 Greece 922 -4 -5

17 Uruguay 922 -1 13

19 Ukraine 891 3 59

20 Serbia 870 3 51

21 Cameroon 855 -2 -16

22 Scotland 840 2 25

23 Bulgaria 838 -3 -2

24 Denmark 836 5 46

25 Israel 827 -4 -9

26 Mexico 822 -1 19

27 Northern Ireland 820 0 25

28 Romania 790 0 -2

29 Australia 779 3 3

30 Nigeria 770 0 -11

So say this is the cut off, these teams needn't faff about with the stages as they are now. The teams below play competitive games against other nations in their geographical area to get the other spots. Obviously if a team through poor performances and early exits drop down the rankings, they'll then have to qualify like anyone else.

But honestly Club managers would much prefer to see their stars play less international games in awful conditions against thuggish footballing nations. National managers would prefer preparing their squad to play against their equals, to schooling them on how best to avoid a pothole.

It is elitist, but tough shit.

Number one ranked team in Asia,eh, Sammy? And I'm supposed to be impressed? Clearly with a reply like that you either miss the point of know fuck all about football. Probably the latter.

Number one ranked team in Asia,eh, Sammy? And I'm supposed to be impressed? Clearly with a reply like that you either miss the point of know fuck all about football. Probably the latter.

:lol: obviously

where did I say Australia wouldn't be amongst the "big teams"?

calm down Sammy

I'm talking about Italy to Uzbekistan to play out a turgid 1-0 win. It's a waste of time, and talent. Who're the top 30 teams at the moment off FIFA ranking?

1 Spain 1761 0 32

2 Netherlands 1442 1 82

3 Germany 1378 -1 16

4 Italy 1292 1 21

5 Brazil 1288 -1 7

6 England 1225 1 52

7 Argentina 1203 -1 8

8 Croatia 1200 0 49

9 Russia 1167 0 50

10 France 1067 0 -7

11 Portugal 1004 0 -9

12 Turkey 964 2 41

13 Paraguay 961 4 55

14 USA 947 1 28

15 Czech Republic 943 -3 -25

16 Switzerland 931 2 48

17 Greece 922 -4 -5

17 Uruguay 922 -1 13

19 Ukraine 891 3 59

20 Serbia 870 3 51

21 Cameroon 855 -2 -16

22 Scotland 840 2 25

23 Bulgaria 838 -3 -2

24 Denmark 836 5 46

25 Israel 827 -4 -9

26 Mexico 822 -1 19

27 Northern Ireland 820 0 25

28 Romania 790 0 -2

29 Australia 779 3 3

30 Nigeria 770 0 -11

So say this is the cut off, these teams needn't faff about with the stages as they are now. The teams below play competitive games against other nations in their geographical area to get the other spots. Obviously if a team through poor performances and early exits drop down the rankings, they'll then have to qualify like anyone else.

But honestly Club managers would much prefer to see their stars play less international games in awful conditions against thuggish footballing nations. National managers would prefer preparing their squad to play against their equals, to schooling them on how best to avoid a pothole.

It is elitist, but tough shit.

Can't agree Dave, although as sniffer states I know nothing about football the point is mute but if you look at the top 30, the very same Australian team as part of Oceania would not of been ranked in the top 30 because of the lack of group matches and competition.

Prior to the previous world cup final Australia had trouble securing friendly matches in the months leading up to the tournament, this WC they already have six friendly matches organised because other countries see them as a worth opponent. If you based it on the top 30 it would be like US based sports where every team is a franchise and no one is ever promoted or relegated.

Is this an Aussie gloating about qualifying for the world cup having been held to 0-0 draw against Qatar?

Bahrain up next for some shooting practice.

In Qatar played in summer during the afternoon. Yeah real easy game Chez and one no doubt most European nations would love to play and win. We needed a point to qualify and it was secured. I wish our club had the same sense.

Can't agree Dave, although as sniffer states I know nothing about football the point is mute but if you look at the top 30, the very same Australian team as part of Oceania would not of been ranked in the top 30 because of the lack of group matches and competition.

Prior to the previous world cup final Australia had trouble securing friendly matches in the months leading up to the tournament, this WC they already have six friendly matches organised because other countries see them as a worth opponent. If you based it on the top 30 it would be like US based sports where every team is a franchise and no one is ever promoted or relegated.

Thing is Sammy, if Australia played more games against top opposition they'd get more points, if they're good enough they'd stay in that elite caste of 30 teams. I'm not saying that the World cup only be accessible to the top 30, I'm just saying that the top 30 teams suffer dispropotionately by playing the small nations. Similarly if England consistently failed to progress they'd drop down the table.

so in 2009/11 the smaller nations play against each other for the right to play in the world cup in 2012.

Guest Stevie
It appears the footballing backwater that is Australia has qualified for the World Cup finals, for the second time in succession!!!

See you all in Suth Afreka :lol:

Your side is good enough to beat the krauts, I remember when Isegrim said only 3 England players would get in the kraut side last summer ;) Hand on heart I wouldn't have one of them, they're functional but ultimately shit.

Well done on qualifying, and lets hope we share a group with the krauts and USA, that would be tremendous, knocking two cuntish countries out and you could come second.

Is this an Aussie gloating about qualifying for the world cup having been held to 0-0 draw against Qatar?

Bahrain up next for some shooting practice.

In Qatar played in summer during the afternoon. Yeah real easy game Chez and one no doubt most European nations would love to play and win. We needed a point to qualify and it was secured. I wish our club had the same sense.

You did the right thing, beating Muslims is considered a bit insensitve in the northern hemisphere.