St James' Park

galaxtico

Why the link? You expecting us to click it or something?

Or can we expect that if someone posts a picture of the ground, we can expect to see it there?

Hmmmm fritters! ;)

Anyone got pictures, like

http://www.stadiumzone.net

When was the ground inaugurated? ;)

i hope one day the lower stands will be as large as the higher stands.

You've put on your website that SJP opened in 1892 - it didn't.

SJP was opened as a Football ground in the 1870s and was first used by Newcastle Rangers and Tyne Association. When these clubs folded, it was used by the Newcastle FA representative side. In 1892, Newcastle West End FC were formed and after playing at several venues, they took on the lease at St James' a year or so later.

In 1892, West End got into financial trouble and sought a meeting with their cross-town rivals Newcastle East End (founded in 1881). They proposed that East End take up the St James' lease as it was the better ground. East End accepted and moved to St James'. West End folded, with many of their players and directors joining East End. In December 1892, East End held a public meeting to suggest a new name, as they no longer played in the East End and were now the city's only professional side. Newcastle United was the most popular suggestion.

The East stand's size can't be increased as behind it are Grade 1 listed Georgian buildings.

didnt cows graze on it for a few years?

2005 - 2009

;):lol::spinwank: :spinwank: ;)B)

I never sawe the actual cows but I did see an amazing amount of b******* on the turf

Edited by Rob W