Who would you prefer?

Guest Stevie

Keegan or Shearer  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Keegan - Proved he still had it and given some cash and a fair crack of the whip he could do it all again

The 0-0 at Man U shows he still has it. The man is a genius and has a good football heart.

The 1-1 draw was canny too.... :)

<_<

One match, a draw at that, is enough to convince you? Typical Parky. :icon_lol: What about the following drab 1-0 win scraping win at home to Bolton and his last game, a 3-0 defeat at Arsenal? I wasn't convinced.

Imo Keegan's love of football is not what it was, I'd prefer a fresh change be that Shearer or someone else. Can anyone name an example of a manager exceeding himself on returning to a club, especially after a gap of 12 years (I'm not going to count his last stint because it was impossible to judge imo)? I doubt it.

Yeah cause that is all he's done in the game. :icon_lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keegan - Proved he still had it and given some cash and a fair crack of the whip he could do it all again

The 0-0 at Man U shows he still has it. The man is a genius and has a good football heart.

<_<

One match, a draw at that, is enough to convince you? Typical Parky. :icon_lol:What about the following drab 1-0 win scraping win at home to Bolton and his last game, a 3-0 defeat at Arsenal? I wasn't convinced.

Imo Keegan's love of football is not what it was, I'd prefer a fresh change be that Shearer or someone else. Can anyone name an example of a manager exceeding himself on returning to a club, especially after a gap of 12 years (I'm not going to count his last stint because it was impossible to judge imo)? I doubt it.

You say that like it was a bad result.

Keegan got 4 points from 3 games. (1.33 points per game - 66% versus top half)

(Man U, Arsenal, Bolton)

Kinnear got 20 points from 18 games. (0.9 points per game - 50% versus top half)

(Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Fulham, West Ham, Man Cityx2, Mackemsx2, West Brom, Wiganx2, Boro, Stoke, Portsmouth, Blackburn)

Shearer got 5 points from 8 games. (0.625 points per game - 62% versus top half)

(Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa, Spurs, Fulham, Portsmouth, Stoke, Boro)

Hughton & Calderwood got 5 points from 9 games. (0.55 points per game - 44% versus top half)

(Man U, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham , Hullx2, , Blackburn, West Brom, Bolton)

I'm saying I wouldn't judge that Keegan had proven much after ONE game like Parky did. I wouldn't judge Shearer after 8 either considering the situation he inherited (how bad were Keegan's first 8 games the previous season out of interest btw?).

Anyway, I'd like an answer to my question about returning managers. IT NEVER WORKS.

<_<

One match, a draw at that, is enough to convince you? Typical Parky. :icon_lol: What about the following drab 1-0 win scraping win at home to Bolton and his last game, a 3-0 defeat at Arsenal? I wasn't convinced.

Yeah cause that is all he's done in the game. :icon_lol:

Like I said that. To remind you:

The 0-0 at Man U shows he still has it.

Not for me it didn't. And as pointed out, you even got the result wrong!

<_<

Yeah cause that is all he's done in the game. :blush:

I got the score wrong not the result. :icon_lol:

<_<

One match, a draw at that, is enough to convince you? Typical Parky. :blush: What about the following drab 1-0 win scraping win at home to Bolton and his last game, a 3-0 defeat at Arsenal? I wasn't convinced.

Yeah cause that is all he's done in the game. :)

I got the score wrong not the result. :icon_lol:

Like everyone else I wish we'd had a chance to judge Keegan over a full season but cunt face scuppered that. I'd like Shearer to get a full season now though, I'll keep my Keegan memories from his first time in charge. I would be amazed if Keegan ever managed us again btw and highly surprised if Shearer didn't at some point, so I'm being pragmatic too. :icon_lol:

Keegan by a mile. We seemed to be on the up last summer, even with the rumblings of discontent and the lack of signings. Owen was talking about signing a new deal, the front 3 were working well together. With Keegan we would've been top half, no doubt, and as I've always said I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

The 1-1 draw was canny too.... :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Yeah cause that is all he's done in the game. :rolleyes:

I got the score wrong not the result. :blush:

Like everyone else I wish we'd had a chance to judge Keegan over a full season but cunt face scuppered that. I'd like Shearer to get a full season now though, I'll keep my Keegan memories from his first time in charge. I would be amazed if Keegan ever managed us again btw and highly surprised if Shearer didn't at some point, so I'm being pragmatic too. :scratchhead:

IF the Dubai based Iranian buys the club he will bring KK back. :) :) :icon_lol::)<_<:razz::D

It rarely works though tbf. KK could have worked 2nd time round though imo.

Yeah but we're in the realm of Jedi rules.

Well, some of us are anyway.

Guest Stevie

I love Shearer, I think he can do the job, but right now I'd choose Keegan though no matter what people say his enthusiasm is infectious, he's had 3 promotions, and is experienced.

I love Shearer, I think he can do the job, but right now I'd choose Keegan though no matter what people say his enthusiasm is infectious, he's had 3 promotions, and is experienced.

Well said. I think either could be great under the right circumstances.

K**gan can fuck off.

This post is brought to you by Newcastle-Online ©

I really don't understand these types of constant remarks... I actively post on both and the spectrum of opinions on pretty much all matters is the same.

K**gan can fuck off.

Any chance you can join him?

Ok.