Didier Deschamps

donaldstott

I made a bet in September last year that Didier Deschamps would be our next permanent manager.

1) is that bet still valid?

2) has a team ever gone an entire calender year without a permanent manager in place?

Still valid.

(I'm waiting on Redknapp and Poyet :D )

I think the bookies took Kinnear to be our permanent manager.

I know the cunts didn't pay out on him as 'Next manager to leave' after his heart problems.

Edited by ewerk

I think the bookies took Kinnear to be our permanent manager.

I know the cunts didn't pay out on him as 'Next manager to leave' after his heart problems.

Well surely if they took him as permanent then they'd take him as having left?

But then again to my knowledge he never resigned and he was never sacked. Maybe he is technically our manager now, I imagine he'll probably be back in a few weeks so that would sort of make sense.

I guess it depends what the difference is between a caretaker and an actual manager. I always thought a caretaker manager was somebody already at the club or someone brought in if the manager becomes ill but is expected to return.

I always thought a caretaker manager was somebody already at the club or someone brought in if the manager becomes ill but is expected to return.

I think that was their get out clause, Shearer was officially an 'interim manager' iirc.