Six more Away Wins

Rob W

AS we reckon we'll need 90 points this season that's win all the home games and draw all the away games

Alternatively (and maybe slightly more realistically) we win everything at home and have to win seven away games...............................

wait til we're at the shit grounds against scrappy teams, thats where we'll come unstuck this season if anywhere I still think we'l be excellent at home

assuming we keep our players

I still cant enjoy it the way I did when we won a game in the premier league though, I still go mental and I'm chuffed for days after a win but its just not the same :lol:

Really hope we can manage a promotion this season, and get back where we belong!

really? I just love us winning, assuming we aren't dismantled by the fat man upstairs I think this season will be enjoyed lot more than recent seasons of at best averageness and at worst utter shite

I still cant enjoy it the way I did when we won a game in the premier league though, I still go mental and I'm chuffed for days after a win but its just not the same :lol:

Really hope we can manage a promotion this season, and get back where we belong!

really? I just love us winning, assuming we aren't dismantled by the fat man upstairs I think this season will be enjoyed lot more than recent seasons of at best averageness and at worst utter shite

It still hasn't sunk in that we're playing in the championship, none of these matches seem like real league games to me yet, i'm not sure how to explain it, it seems strange going in to games wholeheartedly expecting to win.

Also I guess there have only been a couple of away fixtures so far, and one of which we played last season anyway. It was quite fun going to Selhurst, though and I guess i'll it'll be pretty normal by the end of the year.

If it wasn't for the threat of Ashley and what he will do to us in terms of not selling, bringing in somebody like Kinnear and selling too many players then i'd really be enjoying this season. Its been so long since ive been to St James and been able to see us win, score goals and more importantly look like we will keep doing so. The crowd are happier so theres a more vibrant atmosphere rather than how horrible its been in recent times.

But so far, at the time of actual games i've been very happy, its just afterwards when the spectre of ashley returns to your thoughts that you come down considerably.

when the spectre of ashley returns to your thoughts that you come down considerably.

I know what you mean but he's too fat to be a spectre imo. More like the Stay-Puft marshmallow man from Ghostbusters....

AS we reckon we'll need 90 points this season that's win all the home games and draw all the away games

Alternatively (and maybe slightly more realistically) we win everything at home and have to win seven away games...............................

You're old enough to know better you dozy old sod!

how many points did 2nd place get last season?

i guess thats the target?

83. Looking at the last few seasons it's been as low as 78 and as high as 92 points needed to come 2nd. Probably looking at somewhere in the mid-80s on average. I'm still not convinced it's a realistic goal though. Playoffs is more like it.

I still cant enjoy it the way I did when we won a game in the premier league though, I still go mental and I'm chuffed for days after a win but its just not the same :cry:

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a run of games in the Premier League as much as I've enjoyed the beginning of this season.

I think this season will have a lot of teams in the mix for the top spots anyone beating anyone etc so i think the points total will be lower than last season or before when a few teams have completely dominated

Surely the average points total of the 3rd place team is the target to beat?

Surely the points total for this season's 3rd place team is the target to beat :cry: