Those up in Level 7 tonight

manctoon

The council know which side their bread is buttered on. Shut level 7? 20,000 less people go to the game, 60,000 less pints sold, 10,000 less meals bought, 15,000 less bets placed. They know what's best for the local economy.

I think the fact that the main couple of people on the council are makems could change that view. Mind, Id be worried if I was in the boxes below, over 40% of the crowd in that level? each on average having drunk three pints? could be bother there like considering a good chunk of them are kids.

Less than 40% you mean (20000/52000)*100 = 38.46%

;)

I was just ballparking from 36,000 pre expansion to 52,000 and attributing it all to the extra level, which (you're right) would still be an exagerration.

The 12 pints piss-heads like me have on a matchday would cover 3 kids though. I reckon a 3 pint average would be about right.

The council know which side their bread is buttered on. Shut level 7? 20,000 less people go to the game, 60,000 less pints sold, 10,000 less meals bought, 15,000 less bets placed. They know what's best for the local economy.

I think the fact that the main couple of people on the council are makems could change that view. Mind, Id be worried if I was in the boxes below, over 40% of the crowd in that level? each on average having drunk three pints? could be bother there like considering a good chunk of them are kids.

;)

I was just ballparking from 36,000 pre expansion to 52,000 and attributing it all to the extra level, which (you're right) would still be an exagerration.

The 12 pints piss-heads like me have on a matchday would cover 3 kids though. I reckon a 3 pint average would be about right.

I can't even remember the last time I had 12 pints before a game, I'm usually a feeble 6 on a Saturday now, or 3 or 4 midweek games.

;)

I can't even remember the last time I had 12 pints before a game, I'm usually a feeble 6 on a Saturday now, or 3 or 4 midweek games.

I can't remember the last time I had 12 pints pre-match. My pals tell me I had a whale of a time tho.

;)

I couldn't be doing with that many before either....but after....

12 pints!!!???? ;)

I reckon we should all do the 12 pint challenge before the Plymouth game.

I've never drunk more than 8 ever in one sitting. :cry: Then I swap to silly drinks (shorts, gay drinks etc..)

There's been times I would've exceeded 12 pints in the past for definite. Coventry at home in 1995 opening day for one, but I was nearly asleep second half.

I do these days - but I'm totally off lager anyway to be honest. I think it's years of drinking British/Australian shit, knowing what decent beer you get in Belgium and Germany. Been drinking a lot of Magners lately.

12 pints!!!???? ;)

I reckon we should all do the 12 pint challenge before the Plymouth game.

I've never drunk more than 8 ever in one sitting. :cry: Then I swap to silly drinks (shorts, gay drinks etc..)

There's been times I would've exceeded 12 pints in the past for definite. Coventry at home in 1995 opening day for one, but I was nearly asleep second half.

I do these days - but I'm totally off lager anyway to be honest. I think it's years of drinking British/Australian shit, knowing what decent beer you get in Belgium and Germany. Been drinking a lot of Magners lately.

Had a weekend break in Campagne (sp) in Normandy a couple of weeks ago....Terrific local cider. It's the kind of cider that just tastes good and you start thinking you can drink it all day.... :icon_lol:

12 pints!!!???? ;)

Did the Shields dives on Sunday...

County

Chichester

Dolly Peel

Rose and Crown

Steamboat

Rosie Malones

Douglass Vaults

Lambton Arms

Mechanics (karaoke)

Easy more than 12 pints.

I'd say I'm nails, but I was throwing up all day monday, and could only manage watered down cider for the first few bars before the game.

Complete mug, I'm gonna try to stay off the drink, I'm getting too old for the shit.

We won. We have a standing section with effectively zero interference from stewards.

It's good to gloat about that.

Exactly! So we have have "zero interference" (I think you mean zero attention) from the stewards - so why antogonise them?

I agree that we should deal with it at the point that they start telling people to sit down, but if they're just walking up on patrol, as they do occasionaly, we need to leave them be.

On your other point, if you really think the council would allow a business/part of a business premises to stay open because it contributes to the local economy, you're pretty naive.

Anyone who has worked with a local council would tell you that they are the king of the jobsworths.

Here's an example:

Edited by manctoon

12 pints!!!???? ;)

Did the Shields dives on Sunday...

County

Chichester

Dolly Peel

Rose and Crown

Steamboat

Rosie Malones

Douglass Vaults

Lambton Arms

Mechanics (karaoke)

Easy more than 12 pints.

I'd say I'm nails, but I was throwing up all day monday, and could only manage watered down cider for the first few bars before the game.

Complete mug, I'm gonna try to stay off the drink, I'm getting too old for the shit.

I cut down a few years back when I noticed I couldn't keep my cereal down the next morning. :cry:

Singing "we'll never sit down" shouldn't cause any more trouble than standing for 60 minutes before singing it (as the whole corner did).

I can see what you're saying. But it would be an extermely petty and damaging move to go back to last years situation over a song.

Singing "we'll never sit down" shouldn't cause any more trouble than standing for 60 minutes before singing it (as the whole corner did).

I can see what you're saying. But it would be an extermely petty and damaging move to go back to last years situation over a song.

Sorry, I meant the persistent standing rather than the song as I thought that's what he was on about. I can see it being problematic in the future unfortunately.

If they're not hassling you I see no reason to disrepect the stewards at all personally. They're only doing a job, not an especially pleasent one either.

As an aside, I've never had hassle standing at away matches, you basically can't sit because the people in front are standing. Always makes me a bit wary of getting the front row seats though, hasn't happened yet like.

As for falling off level 7, it's not inconcievable irrepsective of standing imo. I've seen people 'stage dive' several rows after we've scored. It'd be their oown fault, obviously.