Theres only one Chrissy Hughton

Amir

Could hear the chants at the dying minutes of the match, Hughton does deserve his own chant for what hes done tbh, kept his head down and got on with the job perfect manner, deserves all the praise he gets.

P.S YES I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH ROEDER OK?

Edited by Amir

Could hear the chants at the dying minutes of the match, Hughton does deserve his own chant for what hes done tbh, kept his head down and got on with the job perfect manner, deserves all the praise he gets.

P.S YES I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH ROEDER OK?

I sang it after everyone was singing it for Robson....people laughed rather than join in like.

I know I don't want him as permanent manager, and most likely most other people think the same, but he does deserve the credit so far this season.

Edited by 1892

I know I don't want him as permanent manager, and most likely most other people think the same, but he does deserve the credit so far this season.

Agree with that. Down the line he wouldn't be our choice as permanent manager, and certainly if we were to get back into the prem you'd want somebody else in, but he's doing a great job considering the abject mess around him, not having a clue what's going on day to day and has got the players playing together and playing well with no fuss or complaining.

You say that but what do you expect from a manager??? We are unbeaten in the league and the boys in the dressing room are 100% behind him. If he was our manager for this season i wouldn't be worried at all.

You say that but what do you expect from a manager??? We are unbeaten in the league and the boys in the dressing room are 100% behind him. If he was our manager for this season i wouldn't be worried at all.

I wouldn't really call him a manager first of all. But I was rather meaning for the future, say if we got promoted, I wouldn't want him in charge for the Premiership as last season proved he was tactically inept for that standard (although he did have big ego's to contend with then), only if he learns from this season and actually improves a canny bit from it, then maybe at a push but it's still not convincing, and then we could look to when we had Roeder in charge after a brief stint...

As for Hughton though I wasn't expecting a great deal and he's definately delivered so far, and that's why I said he deserved the credit, because so far he has done a good job, but I don't think it'd work out permanently.

I wouldn't really call him a manager first of all. But I was rather meaning for the future, say if we got promoted, I wouldn't want him in charge for the Premiership as last season proved he was tactically inept for that standard (although he did have big ego's to contend with then), only if he learns from this season and actually improves a canny bit from it, then maybe at a push but it's still not convincing, and then we could look to when we had Roeder in charge after a brief stint...

As for Hughton though I wasn't expecting a great deal and he's definately delivered so far, and that's why I said he deserved the credit, because so far he has done a good job, but I don't think it'd work out permanently.

Agree with you on the point that i think noone was expecting what he has done so far. He has lifted this team and got them performing and winning matches. All managers have to start somewhere and i'm not saying he will be the next big manager but he has improved. If we can't have Shearer and Dowie i would be happy with Chris. IMO ;)

Agree with you on the point that i think noone was expecting what he has done so far. He has lifted this team and got them performing and winning matches. All managers have to start somewhere and i'm not saying he will be the next big manager but he has improved. If we can't have Shearer and Dowie i would be happy with Chris. IMO ;)

I said it elsewhere, but anyone left at the club knows that no other clubs are interested....because EVERYONE was for sale. It's a lot easier to motivate players who realise they have to buck their ideas up if they're going to get a move in the next window.

Is anyone else even a little afraid that if Shearer was to get the job in the coming weeks with us sitting pretty top of the league that it might all go tits up after he takes over?

I was all for Shearer, and still am I suppose but I'd hate to see it all come crashing down if gets the job with the media and other fans mocking his supposed incompetence...The better we're doing the harder it will be for Shearer to live up to expectations is what I'm saying.

In other news, I was reading John Carvers wiki earlier and something doesn't seem quite right about the last sentance ;)

In recent times John was last spotted walking down the Big Market in Newcastle after a heavy night on the booze during the bank holiday weekend. Rumour has it that he is part of the Chris Moat takeover and will be a head coach if he takes control alongside Olivier Bernard and the legendary Des Hamilton.

Edited by TicTacWoe

It'll be interesting how the club/media/fans/staff handle our first loss.

Knowing some of our lot like I do, I expect them to proclaim the sky is falling in and that our promotion hopes are in tatters. There is no sane middle ground, we should all know that by now.

Is anyone else even a little afraid that if Shearer was to get the job in the coming weeks with us sitting pretty top of the league that it might all go tits up after he takes over?

I was all for Shearer, and still am I suppose but I'd hate to see it all come crashing down if gets the job with the media and other fans mocking his supposed incompetence...The better we're doing the harder it will be for Shearer to live up to expectations is what I'm saying.

In other news, I was reading John Carvers wiki earlier and something doesn't seem quite right about the last sentance ;)

In recent times John was last spotted walking down the Big Market in Newcastle after a heavy night on the booze during the bank holiday weekend. Rumour has it that he is part of the Chris Moat takeover and will be a head coach if he takes control alongside Olivier Bernard and the legendary Des Hamilton.

I was talking about this yesterday. It's the thing that would hurt the most, for Shearer to take over and for everything to go tits up.