Promotion the only focus - Llambias

Sonatine

Bunch of liars. As I recall relegation was "unthinkable".

When Llambias opens his mouth, it's only to change feet.

They weren't even considering the "possibility."

He claimed in that interview yesterday they're following th contingency plan they had for relegation. They had left it in a locked cupboard and never thought for a second they'd need it.

I'd love to know what we'd have done differently had we stayed up like. No doubt Shay Given would have been brought straight back, Ronaldo would have had another option to consider when leaving Man U and Mourinho would have been made an offer he couldn't refuse.

They're in a strange position now though (no sympathy). They really need promotion in order to sell but at the same time have gone back to a half-arsed "we're here long term" kind of approach but without any kind of planning apart from the branding shite.

If they were honest and said they were going to try and sell it again in the summer and to ensure that were going to chuck a few quid in to try and make sure I'd have a modicum of respect for them (though still want them to die) but as it is they seem clueless (again) about any way forward to meet any kind of goal.

This is why I still think it would be bad if we do go up in these circumstances - I can see him applying the half-arsed/no-arsed approach to trying to stop up which will result in further humiliation and relegation.