Newcastle 3-1 Peterborough

blackandwhiteboy

Well played but that's the worst team I've seen up here in some time. They were negative in terms of men behind the ball but they never even put any pressure on us when we were in possession, allowing us time to play.

Fatal mistake. We're a cross between Brazil '70 & Holland '74 when we're given time and space :razz:

I ken fit ya mean liyk.

I hear it was one-sided, yet they scored and 'Harper made some great saves towards the end'. ??? Sounds typical NUFC - nerve chilling right to the end.

Despite that the result was really never in any doubt. You got the feeling if we upped our game a bit it could have been a cricket score. It was so easy it was only complacency that could have given Peterborough a chance.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I have the information I can reveal my marks.

Haper 8 - Did what he had to do.

Enrich 8 - Solid. Did what he had to do.

Collo 8 - Composed. Did what he had to do.

Staylor 8 - Good to see him back. Did what he had to do.

Simpson 8 - Good goal. Solid. Did what he had to do.

Guti 8 - Great goal. Shame about the injury which meant he couldn't do what he had to do.

Smith 8 - Assured. Did what he had to do.

Nolan 8 - Secure. Did what he had to do.

Raylor 8 - Did what he had to do.

Harewood - Compost. Did he do what he had to do.

Carol 8 - Girls name. Scored, therefore did what he had to do.

Ranger 4 - No time to shine.

Lurvlyhands 4 - No time to shine.

Crowd 7 - Okay at times, but I was worried the odd protesting would make the team buckle. Did what they had to do.

NB I haven't seen any of the action, or heard any commentary on the radio.

Why was there no mask? :D

:razz:

Said on the FLS that it was against league rules now, but I reckon its been that long since he scored he's embarrassed to keep tucking it in his shorts every game.

Shame there were so few people left in the stadium at the end to see the tug of war between the people with the 'rapist' banner and the stewards/police.

Good show.

I'm not sure if 'Ashley is a rapist' wasn't a bit OTT personally. Type of thing that can get you arrested. Perhaps 'Fuck off Ashley stop raping our club' may have been more tactful.