We're rich

Isegrim

Quayside on N-O has produced a summary of what's come out of mails back and forth to the NUST...

Thanks for the email and comments and I understand your concerns.

The figures are from the projections for this season (since July)

Which were incomings £64m outgoings £62.5m - Profit of £1.5m

But :

Player Transfers : predicted 0 : estimated actual £19m ( +£19m)

(Martins/Duff/Bassong/Beye)

Players Wages : predicted £45m : estimated actual £34m ( £11m)

Gate receipts : predicted £22m : estimated actual £27m (+£5m)

(based on 34,000 crowd)

Other Wages : predicted £8m : estimated actual £4m (+£4m)

Tv revenue : predicted £5m : estimated actual £7.5m (+£2.5m)

Catering/Shirt Sales/Sponsorship/SD perimeter advertising - (+£3.5m)

ie £45.0m higher than predicted + above £1.5m = £46.5m over 7 months

Also consider :

Promotion brings in £51m extra ( £11.25m if not)

Staff reduction (about 200 people) and other overhead areas are still

being reduced to produce more savings. If Geremi removed from books

then another £1.5m saved

These are clearly annual amounts and are based on a 2010 projection. I don’t know whose projection – was it the clubs own work or someone external? This projection showed income of £64m, costs of £62.5m leading to a small profit of £1.5m.

The income in this projection included £22m from matchday revenue and £5m from TV. As for the rest of it I think the parachute payment is about £11m – so that leaves a balance of £26m, which must be commercial revenues. Commercial revenues are defined as sponsorship, merchandising, conference and banquet.

So in summary the income in this 2010 projection of unknown origin was £22m matchday, £16m media and £26m commercial – total £64m.

In 2008 when we were in the Premiership our revenue was £32m matchday, £41m media and £26m commercial – total £99m.

The costs in the 2010 projection are very simply £53m wages and £9.5m other costs (including amortisation, running costs of SJP etc) – total £62.5m.

In 2008 our wage bill was £70m and other costs were £50m – total £120m.

So working forward from this mystery projection and bringing in the revised estimates in the latest email (and whose revised estimates are these?) the assumption is now that the accounts for the year end 30th June 2010 will look something like this:

INCOME:

TV £8m

Parachute £11m

Matchday £27m

Commercial £29

TOTAL INCOME = £75m

PROFIT ON PLAYER TRADING = £19M

COSTS

Wages £38m

Other Costs £10m

TOTAL COSTS = £48M

Therefore Profit for the year will be £75m + £19m - £48m = £46m

You could question almost every number in that scenario but a few points that occur to me:

- Have we actually taken £32m out of our wage bill since 2008?

- Is it possible that we have cut other costs by £40m since 2008?

- Is our commercial income in the Championship really more than it was when we were in the Premiership in 2008?

Sorry this is so long and hope it can be followed by those interested!

Possibly.

Owen and Viduka were £10m between them.

So that leaves £22m (or £423K per week) to save from Given, Martins, Milner, Nzogbia, Cacapa, Duff, Bassong, Beye, Gonzales and Xisco (assuming Santander pay his wage). Did those 10 players have an average salary of £42,300 a week? Probably not quite, but it must be a good slice of that.

Quayside on N-O has produced a summary of what's come out of mails back and forth to the NUST...

But :

(based on 34,000 crowd)

Also consider :

then another £1.5m saved

These are clearly annual amounts and are based on a 2010 projection. I don’t know whose projection – was it the clubs own work or someone external? This projection showed income of £64m, costs of £62.5m leading to a small profit of £1.5m.

The income in this projection included £22m from matchday revenue and £5m from TV. As for the rest of it I think the parachute payment is about £11m – so that leaves a balance of £26m, which must be commercial revenues. Commercial revenues are defined as sponsorship, merchandising, conference and banquet.

So in summary the income in this 2010 projection of unknown origin was £22m matchday, £16m media and £26m commercial – total £64m.

In 2008 when we were in the Premiership our revenue was £32m matchday, £41m media and £26m commercial – total £99m.

The costs in the 2010 projection are very simply £53m wages and £9.5m other costs (including amortisation, running costs of SJP etc) – total £62.5m.

So working forward from this mystery projection and bringing in the revised estimates in the latest email (and whose revised estimates are these?) the assumption is now that the accounts for the year end 30th June 2010 will look something like this:

INCOME:

TV £8m

Parachute £11m

Matchday £27m

Commercial £29

TOTAL INCOME = £75m

COSTS

Wages £38m

Other Costs £10m

TOTAL COSTS = £48M

You could question almost every number in that scenario but a few points that occur to me:

- Is our commercial income in the Championship really more than it was when we were in the Premiership in 2008?

Possibly.

So that leaves £22m (or £423K per week) to save from Given, Martins, Milner, Nzogbia, Cacapa, Duff, Bassong, Beye, Gonzales and Xisco (assuming Santander pay his wage). Did those 10 players have an average salary of £42,300 a week? Probably not quite, but it must be a good slice of that.

The £22m also needs to cater for the 200 other staff laid off following relegation.

But :

(based on 34,000 crowd)

Also consider :

then another £1.5m saved

INCOME:

TV £8m

Parachute £11m

Matchday £27m

Commercial £29

TOTAL INCOME = £75m

COSTS

Wages £38m

Other Costs £10m

TOTAL COSTS = £48M

Possibly.

The £22m also needs to cater for the 200 other staff laid off following relegation.

While we're on that matter, are we still paying Dennis Wise? All those people who were made redundant would have got next to nothing whereas that sack of shite......

Parachute payment is over 2 years and some of the players we've shifted we still owe money on (Martins 5m for instance). This stuff is completely innacurate. The payments for Given and Milner for instance are over 3 years etc....

The biggest savings we've made are getting rid of Owen and Fatuka.

Edited by Park Life

In all these numbers being bandied around, has anyone mentioned the rent that NUFC have to pay the cooncil for the land SJP is on. If so, how much is it? If not, the same question still applies :icon_lol:

All these numbers are complete guesswork, and I can't take any of them seriously tbh. Until the actual accounts are made public we'll all be none the wiser, despite all the best attempts by the number crunchers amongst us. I have to admit to wondering if the numbers divulged to Companies House will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (despite the legal requirements in place).

In all these numbers being bandied around, has anyone mentioned the rent that NUFC have to pay the cooncil for the land SJP is on. If so, how much is it? If not, the same question still applies :icon_lol:

All these numbers are complete guesswork, and I can't take any of them seriously tbh. Until the actual accounts are made public we'll all be none the wiser, despite all the best attempts by the number crunchers amongst us. I have to admit to wondering if the numbers divulged to Companies House will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (despite the legal requirements in place).

I don't think it's unreasonable to use past accounts to try and predict the current state of the club. It'll never be spot on but you can ballpark a lot of it.

...except the rent. That's just a hazy mystery. :icon_lol:

I don't think it's unreasonable to use past accounts to try and predict the current state of the club. It'll never be spot on but you can ballpark a lot of it.

...except the rent. That's just a hazy mystery. :icon_lol:

Ground rent is usually fairly nominal isn't it?

If those figures are correct (and I assume our source is reliable) then they still don't show anything to prove the statement that Ashley is "taking" anything out.

They would discredit the statement that he's putting money in to keep us afloat but then again Llambias blew that one out of the water when he said that many premiership clubs would be envious of our financial position.

I await the media reports to back up the original email.