Kia doing a 7 year warranty

Happy Face

Is it acceptable to drive a Kia?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Top Gear say....

The Kia Ceed is car that lobs the paving slab of reality into the windscreen of preconception. It might be a straight clone of a Toyota/Ford/VW hatch, but it’s a damn good one. Cheap, and ludicrously good seven-year warranties add peace of mind.

Bounds from speed bump to pothole without so much as a murmur. Compare this quantum leap in suspension capability over the previous-generation Cerato and you'll see what strides Kia has made. Rides as well, if not better than, the European competition.

The handling of the five-door is excellent, using fully independent rear suspension to great effect. You'll have fun in here.

Brilliantly low insurance (group 4,5 and 6), relatively cheap initial purchase price (between £11k and £14k) and a seven-year warranty that can be passed from owner to owner, the Ceed makes fantastic financial sense. Residuals won't be mental, but that passable warranty should buoy things up a bit.

kia_ceed_3door.jpg

http://www.topgear.com/uk/kia/ceed

All that said, it's a Kia.

;)

All that said, it's a Kia.

;)

and there it is, it could be the best hatchback in the world, its still a kia, if you're ok with that then im sureyou'll have no problems

my mother leases one, has for the last 5-6 years. When I drove her first lease I was appalled, quality was shit, sounded like a pop can when you closed the door. I seriously feared for her life if she ever got into a crash. Next time I went home she had gotten another lease, I gave her a bunch of stick about getting another piece of shit Kia, told her she wasn't safe etc. Then I went out to play some pool with my buddy borrowed her car as I was just visiting and beggars can't be choosers, and I have to say the difference was remarkable. Much better quality and I didn't feel like I was a fender bender away from being maimed or killed.

Kia as a company is light years ahead of where they were 10 yrs ago. I'd have no problem with owning one now. In fact, I was looking seriously at a new Ceed SW last year before I ended up with a 3 yr old Mondeo estate (simply because its a larger car).

Good cars!

I didn't feel like I was a fender bender away from being maimed or killed.

High praise indeed. ;)

hahaha....ok point taken. but in the first one I was seriously scared shitless of that scenario.

Decent basic transport and you can't fall off at the value. A lot, lot closer to the european marques than the early Korean efforts. The latest Hyundai's are good too. Obviously the likes of Audi & BMW still have the prestige, but I can't understand someone wanting a Peugeot or a Renault when Kia and Hyundai can do offers like this.

I've got a job now where nine times out of ten I can walk to work, therefore a reliable, sensible car isn't strictly necessary. I may need someone to talk me out of buying an Alfa...