Not 1 Toon player in Nicky Butt's XI

blackandwhiteboy

Nicky Butt has picked his favourite eleven players he has either played with or faced on the official Newcastle website and there are not Toon players on that list. I kind of expected Shearer to be in there as a striker or maybe either Given as keeper, but alas no. Six of them are people he played with while at Manchester United. Wonder if he considered putting Bramble and Boumsong as his favourite ever defensive partnership - got to have pushed Stam and Maldini close.

decent picks, wouldn't put carlos in mine but he's spot on with Cafu and Maldini

out of that era, i'd have Paul McGrath in ahead of Stam though... a bit biased on my part no doubt but a what a player, ireland vs italy in the 94 world cup :razz:

;)

Great read is McGrath's autobiography

decent picks, wouldn't put carlos in mine but he's spot on with Cafu and Maldini

out of that era, i'd have Paul McGrath in ahead of Stam though... a bit biased on my part no doubt but a what a player, ireland vs italy in the 94 world cup :)

:razz:

Great read is McGrath's autobiography

Aye, finally got round to reading it in October last year, was a couple of matches for villa he mentions in the book i remember thinking at the time "he looks a bit off colour"

the suicide bids and such were not expected mind or at least how he attempted it.

Bit racist ;)