Watford 1-2 NUFC

Barney

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second half wasn't great but 3 points is 3 points.

More importantly, we are now 8 points clear with a game in hand over Forest who also have a far inferior goal difference.

Really? :D

;)

Another 3 points, another poor performence.

Again another lower placed team looked better than we did, had more possesion, but couldn't get the goals necessary to win.

At the end it looked like we might just throw away 2 points.

Despite Carroll scoring a goal our two-pronged attack force were like a toothless tiger. Best was pretty much anonymous.

Jonas was not up to speed and niether was Guthrie.

I appreciate the win but I wish we could do it with more elan, panache, and flair, rather than looking mediocre and grinding out results against mediocre opposition.

I believe their goal was offside but regardless of the weather, visability, and bad conditions, they got the ball in the net when they shouldn't have, and might have got another.

I think some are forgetting that West Brom won today!

*shrug*

I'm bothered about whats happening in 3rd place, couldnt care less whether we win the CCC this season or not as long as we go up

Again another lower placed team looked better than we did, had more possesion, but couldn't get the goals necessary to win.

Despite Carroll scoring a goal our two-pronged attack force were like a toothless tiger. Best was pretty much anonymous.

I appreciate the win but I wish we could do it with more elan, panache, and flair, rather than looking mediocre and grinding out results against mediocre opposition.

I believe their goal was offside but regardless of the weather, visability, and bad conditions, they got the ball in the net when they shouldn't have, and might have got another.

birmingham last season tbh

*shrug*

I'm bothered about whats happening in 3rd place, couldnt care less whether we win the CCC this season or not as long as we go up

Well, I care! We should win this shite arse league! OK, 2nd will be nice, but after leading for so long, it would hurt. Why settle for 2nd best?

*shrug*

Well, I care! We should win this shite arse league! OK, 2nd will be nice, but after leading for so long, it would hurt. Why settle for 2nd best?

why care about being the best of the second set?

the reward of getting 1st or 2nd this season is the same regardless

only difference is we wouldn't get a nothing trophy and about 100k less (or something) in prize money

Next 3 games...

Barnsley @ Home....Got to be a win

Boro @ Riverside....At least a draw...they are shit.

Scunthorpe @ Home...Got to be a win

7 from 9 would put us on 76 points.

Forest have...

Swansea @ Home...win

PNE away...Lose

Barnsley away...Lose

3 from 9 puts them on 64 points

WBA have...

QPR away...Lose

Sheff Wed @ Home...Win

Blackpool @ Home...Win

6 from 9 puts them on 69

----------

3 games time we could realistically see ourselves pulling away...8 points ahead of WBA and 13 infront of Forest.

;)

*shrug*

why care about being the best of the second set?

the reward of getting 1st or 2nd this season is the same regardless

only difference is we wouldn't get a nothing trophy and about 100k less (or something) in prize money

Exactly what is wrong with this country. We are all keen on 2nd best and not coming 1st. I may be in the minority here but winning this league is the most important thing for my love of Newcastle. Just my opinion!

No offense Noelie but you never fail.

No we werent great but it was a gritty away performance in what was always going to be a tough game...we hadnt won in 6 away games and it was a pressured match.

1st half we were the better team, 2nd half you have to expect Watford to come at us for an equaliser, after all they are the home team.

I do however think we should of went on the get a 3rd and kill the game off.

Last 5 was nervy but that happens...i didnt think we were bad today...just done enough and im happy.

On a side note....Best is absolutely fucking gash and so was Ranger when he come on.

Edited by Geordie Lad...