Boumsomg and Luque

LeazesMag

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a donkey, he just wasn't strong enough for the Premier League.

cris looked awful against us for bayer leverkusen in the champions league. iirc wasn't it shola running rings around him?

I was on about Boumsong. Haven't seen enough of Cris really to comment. I've said similar before but Boumsong would rather face someone like Henry, who he played well against a couple of times for us iirc, when Henry was at or near his peak as well than some big lump like Geoff Horsfield or even Shearer when he was effectively past it. I don't think Boumsong is a great defender but he's pretty decent as far as continental football goes.

yeah i got that. just thought i'd throw in a comment on cris too.

boumsong looked dire at all levels for us tbf.

Not when he first arrived he didn't. A lot of that was down to Bramble though. I think what I'm getting at is stick him up against pacy forwards with movement and he doesn't have a problem but against a big strong lad he does. His confidence was shot to pieces towards the end as well. Not saying he wasn't poor overall for us because he obviously was. Definitely a bit of Souness doing Rangers a favour as well I think.

He was dire in his first game for us. Against Yeading ffs.

I think he needs a big strong centre-back who'll go for anything so he can pick up the pieces. I say that because, in fairness to Bramble, the only time Boumsong really looked the part in a run of games was when Bramble (a total confidence player) had a purple patch where he was going for everything and winning most things which allowed Boumsong to play as sweeper. I think he's a bit like Coloccini though where he'd do alright with the right partner alongside him but at the same time would do better in another European league.

I'd say the fault wasn't in Boumsong or Coloccini, more the player alongside in most cases. Boumsong got hung out to dry by Roeder after partnering some lightweight reserve on the night. Coloccini looked awful alongside Steve Taylor who far from being the big dominant centre half used to run back to his goal line as a second keeper in the premier. Not surprised that the scapegoat was a foreigner considering Leazes is the topic starter though.

I think he needs a big strong centre-back who'll go for anything so he can pick up the pieces. I say that because, in fairness to Bramble, the only time Boumsong really looked the part in a run of games was when Bramble (a total confidence player) had a purple patch where he was going for everything and winning most things which allowed Boumsong to play as sweeper. I think he's a bit like Coloccini though where he'd do alright with the right partner alongside him but at the same time would do better in another European league.

I'd say the fault wasn't in Boumsong or Coloccini, more the player alongside in most cases. Boumsong got hung out to dry by Roeder after partnering some lightweight reserve on the night. Coloccini looked awful alongside Steve Taylor who far from being the big dominant centre half used to run back to his goal line as a second keeper in the premier. Not surprised that the scapegoat was a foreigner considering Leazes is the topic starter though.

So, somebody is shite and you blame his partner ?

;)

Typical NO bollocks. What have you been drinking ?

Fact is, you are either a good central defender or you aren't, its got nowt to do with your partner. Boumsong was shit, and NO was absolutely full of posts by arseholes like you who insisted he was great, and more to the point slated the board at the time for not handing more and more money to the very manager who bought him to push the club on only for them again to slate the same board for not winning the premiership.

The same people are now praising Mike Ashley for being the mastermind behind a relegation and a glorious promotion campaign, insisting he is"getting it right" when he is light years short, still, of achieving what his predecessors did.

I think, personally, you should fuck off and debate how great Mike Ashley with your bum chums ie thickmick, macbeth, baggio, and all the other tosspots who can't bring themselves to admit they were spouting absolute shit for years.

;) Not sure if I'm being completely whooshed but surely this post is criticising the purchase of luque and boumsong, who were sanctioned by the old board, for a manager they appointed, and at prices of approx 12 mill and 8 mill could even be classed as "trophy signings."

An odd subject for the poster, apart from the incredibly subtle digs at the new board/NO/foreigners (a perfect LM hat-trick) but thats a given tbh.

Boumsong and Luque. Who on here if anybody thought these useless cunts would be any good.

I know that plenty of people on NO thought so, and thought that we should continue to splash cash like nobodies business in the chase for success, at the time

The same people who now say the club should not have spent money they did not have, and amazingly defend Mike Ashleys prudency running the 3rd highest crowds in the country. Some of these people say they are accountants

Ref Boumsong and Luque, and those that supported them and said they would come good or something like that, is it the delusion and romanticism of signing foreigners that appeals to idiots that basically haven't got a clue ?

On the other hand, we could have bought "trophy players" whoever they were. Those players that got us into europe and fuelled the criticism of the board at the time because they didn't win the premiership.

Mike is Ok though, because he's building a good 2nd division team that is probably about to experience the glory of promotion to the premiership.

;)

Fact is, you are either a good central defender or you aren't, its got nowt to do with your partner. Boumsong was shit, and NO was absolutely full of posts by arseholes like you who insisted he was great, and more to the point slated the board at the time for not handing more and more money to the very manager who bought him to push the club on only for them again to slate the same board for not winning the premiership.

The same people are now praising Mike Ashley for being the mastermind behind a relegation and a glorious promotion campaign, insisting he is"getting it right" when he is light years short, still, of achieving what his predecessors did.

I think, personally, you should fuck off and debate how great Mike Ashley with your bum chums ie thickmick, macbeth, baggio, and all the other tosspots who can't bring themselves to admit they were spouting absolute shit for years.

Shows you know less about football than business, quite an achievement.

;) Not sure if I'm being completely whooshed but surely this post is criticising the purchase of luque and boumsong, who were sanctioned by the old board, for a manager they appointed, and at prices of approx 12 mill and 8 mill could even be classed as "trophy signings."

An odd subject for the poster, apart from the incredibly subtle digs at the new board/NO/foreigners (a perfect LM hat-trick) but thats a given tbh.

Boumsong and Luque. Who on here if anybody thought these useless cunts would be any good.

I know that plenty of people on NO thought so, and thought that we should continue to splash cash like nobodies business in the chase for success, at the time

The same people who now say the club should not have spent money they did not have, and amazingly defend Mike Ashleys prudency running the 3rd highest crowds in the country. Some of these people say they are accountants

Ref Boumsong and Luque, and those that supported them and said they would come good or something like that, is it the delusion and romanticism of signing foreigners that appeals to idiots that basically haven't got a clue ?

On the other hand, we could have bought "trophy players" whoever they were. Those players that got us into europe and fuelled the criticism of the board at the time because they didn't win the premiership.

Mike is Ok though, because he's building a good 2nd division team that is probably about to experience the glory of promotion to the premiership.

He seemed to go quiet when most pointed that out to him, now I may be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but.... maybe someone had a few drinks, come on here at 2.30am, fancied an argument about the same old shit he always wants to argue about (the hat-trick you referred to) and forgot the fact his argument had already been pulled apart.

As said though, probably just 2+2=5 ;)

;)

I know a fair bit about football lad, and I know that in football you have to take risks if you want to succeed.

You are either a good footballer at a certain level in a certain league or you are not. Simple as that. Boumsong would not make a good premiership central defender no matter who his partner was.

it is basically a reply to someone who made a "sly dig" at my view on foreigners, whatever that has to do with football.

Backing your manager ie your own appointment is what you do, unless you are Mike Ashley and numerous other owners and directors in football. Of course, what you are saying is that you agree with this, you appoint someone and don't back him as much as you can ?

By the way, it is a fact that a huge number of posters on NO were urging the old board to splash the cash, give souness time, and slated them when they didn't, week after week. The same posters who now slate them for splashing too much cash and not winning the premiership, and are now praising Mike Ashley for relegation and a glorious promotion charge. I may have been pissed the other night when I said this, and admitted it, but in essence it is still correct.

Edited by LeazesMag

He's not a donkey, he just wasn't strong enough for the Premier League.

cris looked awful against us for bayer leverkusen in the champions league. iirc wasn't it shola running rings around him?

I was on about Boumsong. Haven't seen enough of Cris really to comment. I've said similar before but Boumsong would rather face someone like Henry, who he played well against a couple of times for us iirc, when Henry was at or near his peak as well than some big lump like Geoff Horsfield or even Shearer when he was effectively past it. I don't think Boumsong is a great defender but he's pretty decent as far as continental football goes.

yeah i got that. just thought i'd throw in a comment on cris too.

boumsong looked dire at all levels for us tbf.

Not when he first arrived he didn't. A lot of that was down to Bramble though. I think what I'm getting at is stick him up against pacy forwards with movement and he doesn't have a problem but against a big strong lad he does. His confidence was shot to pieces towards the end as well. Not saying he wasn't poor overall for us because he obviously was. Definitely a bit of Souness doing Rangers a favour as well I think.

He was dire in his first game for us. Against Yeading ffs.

He did look a bit shaky in that game like ;)

:yes Not sure if I'm being completely whooshed but surely this post is criticising the purchase of luque and boumsong, who were sanctioned by the old board, for a manager they appointed, and at prices of approx 12 mill and 8 mill could even be classed as "trophy signings."

He seemed to go quiet when most pointed that out to him, now I may be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but.... maybe someone had a few drinks, come on here at 2.30am, fancied an argument about the same old shit he always wants to argue about (the hat-trick you referred to) and forgot the fact his argument had already been pulled apart.

As said though, probably just 2+2=5 <_<

reply in bold.

Doesn't really make sense, especially given the context of your original post and the replies thereafter but I can't be arsed to get into another "debate" about the whole thing, especially as you seem to be looking for an argument tonight.

Doesn't really make sense, especially given the context of your original post and the replies thereafter but I can't be arsed to get into another "debate" about the whole thing, especially as you seem to be looking for an argument tonight.

argument ?

Not in the slightest.

I'm right, and its all a bit pointless anyway so far as you are concerned.

Off for a pint soon though ........

<_<

I know a fair bit about football lad, and I know that in football you have to take risks if you want to succeed.

You are either a good footballer at a certain level in a certain league or you are not. Simple as that. Boumsong would not make a good premiership central defender no matter who his partner was.

....and yet he's playing in the champions league. :yes

<_<

so you think that makes him a good premiership defender ?

I hope for your sake, ref the reply you made to me the other day, you know more about business than you do about football

You're not one of these NO accountants who are trying to make a case for Mike Ashley are you <_<

Edited by LeazesMag

<_<

I hope for your sake, ref the reply you made to me the other day, you know more about business than you do about football

You're not one of these NO accountants who are trying to make a case for Mike Ashley are you <_<

I guess we look for different attributes in a player. Not that many would agree, but i liked Rozenhal.

Tbf like, it is possible for one player to make another look bad. I'm not saying either way in the examples given here, but depending on the roles given, a perfectly good player can look shite by trying to make up for the mistakes made by another player. Two centre halfs are a good example. The bad one leaves his player and the good ones has to try and cover two zones or two players etc, he fails and looks bad and gets the stick while really it was the other player. Bramble, as Alex says, was all about confidence. When he was doing well, he could be pretty solid. From memory (of which mine is shite) Bramble had particularly good games with Woodgate. Woodgate for me is one of the best CH Ive seen at the club.

I didnt rate Boumsong and he made alot of individual errors on the ball, however I think he was also hung out to try alot by Bramble. Basically I think Boumsong had a torrid time here but was made to look worse than he was.

<_<

You're not one of these NO accountants who are trying to make a case for Mike Ashley are you :rolleyes:

I guess we look for different attributes in a player. Not that many would agree, but i liked Rozenhal.

we certainly must. I never thought he would be a good premiership defender either. What do you think of Colocinni ?

I'm usually right in my assessment of players mind <_< with several instances and posts on here you can find if you like.

:icon_lol:

....and yet he's playing in the champions league. :lol:

You're not one of these NO accountants who are trying to make a case for Mike Ashley are you :rolleyes:

we certainly must. I never thought he would be a good premiership defender either. What do you think of Colocinni ?

I'm usually right in my assessment of players mind :D with several instances and posts on here you can find if you like.

I think he's a good player with a largely injury free record. He's not in the same class as Woodgate, but then Woodgate is never availible - so it's a fair trade off.

Our midfield are painfully slow at coverng ground and rarely looked to collect the ball from the defenders, so he's not someone i'd consider replacing. Also, I'm not a big fan of making changes in the team for little gain so i'd definately stick with him for a few more years. Although I did say in another thread I'd happily let him go if we could bring in Wheater, but it's pie in the sky.

What do you think of S.Taylor?

:icon_lol:

....and yet he's playing in the champions league. :lol:

I'm usually right in my assessment of players mind :D with several instances and posts on here you can find if you like.

I think he's a good player with a largely injury free record. He's not in the same class as Woodgate, but then Woodgate is never availible - so it's a fair trade off.

Our midfield are painfully slow at coverng ground and rarely looked to collect the ball from the defenders, so he's not someone i'd consider replacing. Also, I'm not a big fan of making changes in the team for little gain so i'd definately stick with him for a few more years. Although I did say in another thread I'd happily let him go if we could bring in Wheater, but it's pie in the sky.

What do you think of S.Taylor?

damn sight better than Rozenhal, Bramble and Boumsong. As you say you know more than me about business, would you sell him ?

Woodgate isn't the best central defender that I have seen at Newcastle anyway btw. One of the best, but not the best.

Colocinni will be found out next season - again. He isn't strong enough mentally and physically for the pressure of the big league and the superior players. But he isn't the only one in this team who has found his level, most of them have.

This time next year if Ashley is still owner of the club, the contrast between his approach and the ex board will be even more obvious, although only a really thick cunt can't see it by now. Plenty of them still exist on the other message board which I've just had a look at and by fuck what a bunch of idiots they are.

I think you are over judging how good the Premiership there are several teams we could compete with today.

> Birmingham

> Stoke City

> Blackburn

> Bolton

> Wolves

> Burnley

> Hull City

> Portsmouth

Selling Taylor wouldn't make sense as you can't buy his level of commitment and loyalty.

So who else do you think will be found out?

Edited by Phil