Season Tickets

Hi, firstly I'm new here so hello! Been reading a while but never felt the need to sign up until now and now I need some help!

Basically, I've always been an attend-a-few-games-per-season lad growing up, living outside Newcastle and not having the money to be able to go every week. Well, all grown up now got a job and that, next season is going to be able to my first as a season ticket holder.

Just wondering if anyone pays via direct debit? Can't find anything about it online. Is it an option the club provide every year? Is it always interest free/how many installments is there and is there a deposit to pay etc?

Basically I need anything you can tell me about paying direct debit. I'd prefer the option of splitting it into a couple of payments if possible, are they flexible like that?

Cheers in advance

Welcome to the board :D

Now why am I not surprised at your choice of avatar given your username? :o

Cheers :razz: It seemed the obvious choice!

Don't all rush to reply at once mind :D

Daft if they don't.

Nuther question anyway! Can me and 2 mates buy in the family area or is there restrictions?

I'm guessing you'll need to have a kid, or is your mate Whacky-sized and your hoping to pass him off as your son?

• 1 month later...
Guest Gordon McKeag

Anyone any idea how many we've sold. Would be nice to have 52,000 there every week next season, anyone know anyone who didn't have one last season who's bought one this?

Anyone any idea how many we've sold. Would be nice to have 52,000 there every week next season, anyone know anyone who didn't have one last season who's bought one this?

Go to the official website and click through as if you're buying one. It takes you to the stadium layout and shows all the available seats.

There's still plenty.

Guest Gordon McKeag

Go to the official website and click through as if you're buying one. It takes you to the stadium layout and shows all the available seats.

There's still plenty.

Mines paid for. Same seat, front row of the balcony end of an aisle.

Guest alex

There's still plenty.

Mines paid for. Same seat, front row of the balcony end of an aisle.

He just meant it tells you about the availability in each area of the ground so you can gauge how many have been sold.

Indeed.

Across the Gallowgate, East Stand, Milburn and the corners availibility is 'good' or 'very good' in at least two thirds of the blocks on sale.

In the Leazes corner vitually the whole area has 'good'/'very good' availibility.

Only 3 blocks in the (non-corporate/non balcony) stadium are sold out (all on the East Stand half way line).

NUFC confirm that for season 2010/11, the North West Corner of the Level Seven Stand aka the Leazes singing section will be restricted to season ticket holders and NUFC members only (who can buy two tickets per membership). No public sales for this area will take place.

:unsure:

Struggling to sell Season Tickets/Memberships?

NUFC confirm that for season 2010/11, the North West Corner of the Level Seven Stand aka the Leazes singing section will be restricted to season ticket holders and NUFC members only (who can buy two tickets per membership). No public sales for this area will take place.

:unsure:

Aye but you know NUFC, we'll sign a great player for millions of pounds and pay him a fortune in the first week in August and season ticket sales will go through the roof :razz:

:icon_lol:

Yet another reason to despise these cunts running the club. I've sat in these seats for the last couple of years and prefer to sit up there. Last year I wouldn't renew in case the the twat grabbed the ST sales money and sold, so used a long distance Mags ticket for the games he couldn't make and paid on the day when he was up. This year I wasn't going to bother with a ST as I'll miss about 5-6 games through work, it would prob be cheaper to get the tickets as and when.

Now, though?

Why the fuck should I have to pay £20 just so I can pay on the day to sit where I want?

Fucking useless greedy bastards. I'm probably going to have to get a ST but feel like just telling the cunt to stick it and keep my money from going to SportsDirect.

Yet another reason to despise these cunts running the club. I've sat in these seats for the last couple of years and prefer to sit up there. Last year I wouldn't renew in case the the twat grabbed the ST sales money and sold, so used a long distance Mags ticket for the games he couldn't make and paid on the day when he was up. This year I wasn't going to bother with a ST as I'll miss about 5-6 games through work, it would prob be cheaper to get the tickets as and when.

Now, though?

Why the fuck should I have to pay £20 just so I can pay on the day to sit where I want?

Fucking useless greedy bastards. I'm probably going to have to get a ST but feel like just telling the cunt to stick it and keep my money from going to SportsDirect.

It's a disgrace like.

Sacrificing the atmosphere for cash.

You'll get people ringing up asking for tickets in the singing section and they'll be told they either have to pay £20 just for the privelige of being allowed to buy a shit £20 seat in the heavens, or pay £35 for a far better seat with a better view.

So the corner that generates all the atmosphere in the stadium will end up half empty for 14 or so games.

Mind, it probably informed the decision that the mackems are visiting so early in the season, October 31st.

Few geordies will be able to resist paying £40 if it means getting to the game.

Now, though?

It's a disgrace like.

Sacrificing the atmosphere for cash.

You'll get people ringing up asking for tickets in the singing section and they'll be told they either have to pay £20 just for the privelige of being allowed to buy a shit £20 seat in the heavens, or pay £35 for a far better seat with a better view.

So the corner that generates all the atmosphere in the stadium will end up half empty for 14 or so games.

The amount of times these knackers who run our club shoot themselves in the foot is quite surreal.

Sing in the cheap seats!

The club announced this week that 'Level 7` will be exclusive to season ticket holders and 'Toon Army 12th man` members for coming season. Given its popularity, due to the atmosphere and the close proximity to away supporters, the North West corner of the Leazes might well become a near season ticket sellout anyway. But in the meantime, the club have moved quickly to effectively capitalise on the current demand by restricting access further to only those willing to pay the £20 annual membership fee to become a '12th man`.

Loyalty is something that comes naturally to most regulars at St James` and though numbers have dwindled in recent years, it wasn`t that long ago that some supporters sat on a waiting list to get in the ground. So to suggest that supporters being priced out and positioned out of going to games is a new thing would be unfair. However, the move has understandably been met with cynicism particularly in light of the lingering opinion towards the current incumbent, while other more liberal (?) views have argued that it is a necessary means to creating extra revenue.

Newcastle United will make good money this term, of that there is no doubt. There seems little to be made out of this move and much more to be lost. 'Rewarding` loyalty in this way to those who turn up week in and week out without actually committing to a season ticket or membership seems folly. These are the most vocal of supporters in the ground, arguably playing a big role off the pitch in encouraging matters on the pitch, and yet they now must pay extra for the privilege. There is a glaring contradiction in the statement by the club on the matter that suggests despite these restrictions they want as many fans as possible to experience the Level 7.

Yours truly will be safely ensconced in the upper tier and hopefully right in amongst it come the first game against Villa. Of course though I benefitted from the generous 'price freeze` my money was safely banked a while ago, with no sign yet of my season ticket (sorry, card…). And at the same time, I can`t help but sympathise with those who stood around me last year who have yet to make, and may be unable to make, that sort of financial commitment.

Already experiencing the expected price increase for match days, those same fans will almost unavoidably struggle to get positions in their preferred area for bigger games due to heavy demand. So any that take up the `12th man` offer face the prospect of paying a fee only to end up in a section of the ground they didn`t want to be in, paying more for the privilege in the process and so effectively counteracting one of the unique selling points of the membership, which is 'money off` match vouchers. In order to guarantee a place with Level 7ers, a season ticket appears to be the only surefire option and suddenly the cheap seats don`t seem so cheap anymore.

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/a...2#ixzz0teepnZKh