what do you use on your pc to listen to music with

LeazesMag

If you convert mp3 to wav, isnt that just an mp3? Since the encoding will have stripped out the high and low frequencies in the first place, putting it back into .wav from mp3 wont improve the sound? Or a meringue?

You need to use an appropriate encoding method to convert CDs to digital wavs. If you allow it to turn into an mp3, the encoding means permanent loss of audio quality.

I know. But it was the way to play it on the hifi.

What other encoding method do you know of ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you convert mp3 to wav, isnt that just an mp3? Since the encoding will have stripped out the high and low frequencies in the first place, putting it back into .wav from mp3 wont improve the sound? Or a meringue?

You need to use an appropriate encoding method to convert CDs to digital wavs. If you allow it to turn into an mp3, the encoding means permanent loss of audio quality.

FLAC

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html

FLAC

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html

I've heard of that. Bit late now though !!