Andy Carroll had his big chance, and blew it.

Kevin

The big thing for me is the massive improvement in his link up play. For long-periods last season his flick-ons seemed to have no direction or purpose - whereas today they were all measured and more often than not found the man he was looking for.

Happy to hold my hands up and say that this time last year I wasn't too fussed on him - the year in the Championship seems to have done him the world of good - and it's good to see somebody develop the way he has since January.

I seem to remember you saying he was absolute dogshit & will never make it after he came on for about 10 minutes a couple of years ago. Might have been Man City at home. :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would've been great to see him alongside Bellers this season.

Agreed, we were just saying this on Saturday, him and Bellamy would have been a pairing to trouble most defences.

And nightclubs :lol:

The big thing for me is the massive improvement in his link up play. For long-periods last season his flick-ons seemed to have no direction or purpose - whereas today they were all measured and more often than not found the man he was looking for.

Happy to hold my hands up and say that this time last year I wasn't too fussed on him - the year in the Championship seems to have done him the world of good - and it's good to see somebody develop the way he has since January.

I seem to remember you saying he was absolute dogshit & will never make it after he came on for about 10 minutes a couple of years ago. Might have been Man City at home. :lol:

Which I'm happy enough to admit - and fwiw, he was fucking terrible that night.

I seem to remember you saying he was absolute dogshit & will never make it after he came on for about 10 minutes a couple of years ago. Might have been Man City at home. :huh:

A bit rash to write someone off so early. I hope you have learned your lesson :lol:

I seem to remember you saying he was absolute dogshit & will never make it after he came on for about 10 minutes a couple of years ago. Might have been Man City at home. ;)

A bit rash to write someone off so early. I hope you have learned your lesson :huh:

I have - much how you're still persisting with Taylor. :lol:

I seem to remember you saying he was absolute dogshit & will never make it after he came on for about 10 minutes a couple of years ago. Might have been Man City at home. ;)

A bit rash to write someone off so early. I hope you have learned your lesson :huh:

I have - much how you're still persisting with Taylor. :lol:

Quality player! ;)

I seem to remember you saying he was absolute dogshit & will never make it after he came on for about 10 minutes a couple of years ago. Might have been Man City at home. :huh:

A bit rash to write someone off so early. I hope you have learned your lesson :lol:

As have I. Although Cacapa is still epic.

• 3 months later...
The self-styled big man is not back, not yet. Fortunately, Wayne Rooney is no longer being left to carry Manchester United’s campaign on his shoulders alone, and will not be until he has found his form again.

On Monday night, Dimitar Berbatov shouldered some of the burden, and all’s well that ends well.

Prospects are not as bright for Andy Carroll. Newcastle United, newly arrived and undercooked considering the extent of the challenge, will look to play the Premier League’s biggest hitters on the counter attack, meaning Carroll will lead the line alone and must have a dead-eyed instinct for goal. He is not really that type of player, sadly.

Despite his South American appearance, he is an old-fashioned Englishman in style, honest and energetic, a bit of a handful, but hardly clinical. On such details, games change.

While Carroll missed Newcastle’s best chance, and Rooney grafted to little effect by his standards, Berbatov was the essence of cold, continental finishing power.

The moment he got inside Jose Enrique, the Newcastle defender, in the 32nd minute, there was only one outcome. Goalkeeper Steve Harper is one of the best things about Chris Hughton’s team but Berbatov gave him no chance. From there, the outcome was barely disputed.

Rooney left the pitch after 62 minutes to warm but hardly enthused applause. Everybody can see he is struggling right now, perhaps not as lacklustre as he was during the World Cup, but not the player of last year.

Whatever the malaise, Sir Alex Ferguson will be hoping it clears soon. He is not relying on Rooney alone — far from it, as the introduction of the instant crowd favourite Javier Hernandez demonstrated — but the player is still vital to Manchester United’s title ambitions.

This is the cunt that wrote this:

samuels460.jpg

Fat bastard :jesuswept:

I wonder does he eat himself to sleep everynight, pigging down them donuts.

The self-styled big man is not back, not yet. Fortunately, Wayne Rooney is no longer being left to carry Manchester United’s campaign on his shoulders alone, and will not be until he has found his form again.

On Monday night, Dimitar Berbatov shouldered some of the burden, and all’s well that ends well.

Prospects are not as bright for Andy Carroll. Newcastle United, newly arrived and undercooked considering the extent of the challenge, will look to play the Premier League’s biggest hitters on the counter attack, meaning Carroll will lead the line alone and must have a dead-eyed instinct for goal. He is not really that type of player, sadly.

Despite his South American appearance, he is an old-fashioned Englishman in style, honest and energetic, a bit of a handful, but hardly clinical. On such details, games change.

While Carroll missed Newcastle’s best chance, and Rooney grafted to little effect by his standards, Berbatov was the essence of cold, continental finishing power.

The moment he got inside Jose Enrique, the Newcastle defender, in the 32nd minute, there was only one outcome. Goalkeeper Steve Harper is one of the best things about Chris Hughton’s team but Berbatov gave him no chance. From there, the outcome was barely disputed.

Rooney left the pitch after 62 minutes to warm but hardly enthused applause. Everybody can see he is struggling right now, perhaps not as lacklustre as he was during the World Cup, but not the player of last year.

Whatever the malaise, Sir Alex Ferguson will be hoping it clears soon. He is not relying on Rooney alone — far from it, as the introduction of the instant crowd favourite Javier Hernandez demonstrated — but the player is still vital to Manchester United’s title ambitions.

This is the cunt that wrote this:

samuels460.jpg

Fat bastard :D

:jesuswept:

He must feel a right cock.