Best starting 11?

harrynufc

Don't particularly rate Simpson but one thing he does appear to have is pace from what I've seen. I actually thought he looked comfortable at CB/sweeper alongside Taylor last season too when he played there. That said, I could've played sweeper in some of our home games last year. Hyperbole, but you get the point. Agree about people writing Perch off too quickly btw.

To be fair it mostly seems with Perch (and it is with me) that everyone who is ciritical is saying they just don't believe he'll be good enough for the prem, but that they'll give him time to show it or not. I'm certainly going to give him a full season before i would write him off completely, but as i've said before, the fact Forest fans seemed to like the bloke and wish him well but didn't even think he was good enough for the championship is troubling!

He's certainly an athlete, he has the pace and engine to get up and down the flanks, he's pretty tall so should be decent in the air for set pieces and his positioning can hopefully be worked on, but mainly he was signed because he was cheap cover for several positions and we didn't have much cash.

Agree with the last statement probably being the case like. It did smack of that, which is why I made the earlier point about (how if he isn't good enough) we'll have wasted money on 3 RBs (Ryan Taylor, Simpson and Perch) when we should've just bought one decent one (especially as Steven Taylor is probably a better RB than the 3 I've mentioned - and I'm not his biggest fan, as you know). I'm not writing him off yet though :jesuswept:

Blue bin dippers said the same thing about Gosling, so let's wait and see. Leeds thought Cantona was only worth 1m, so to be fair, they deserve a bit of time to prove themselves.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't particularly rate Simpson but one thing he does appear to have is pace from what I've seen. I actually thought he looked comfortable at CB/sweeper alongside Taylor last season too when he played there. That said, I could've played sweeper in some of our home games last year. Hyperbole, but you get the point. Agree about people writing Perch off too quickly btw.

To be fair it mostly seems with Perch (and it is with me) that everyone who is ciritical is saying they just don't believe he'll be good enough for the prem, but that they'll give him time to show it or not. I'm certainly going to give him a full season before i would write him off completely, but as i've said before, the fact Forest fans seemed to like the bloke and wish him well but didn't even think he was good enough for the championship is troubling!

He's certainly an athlete, he has the pace and engine to get up and down the flanks, he's pretty tall so should be decent in the air for set pieces and his positioning can hopefully be worked on, but mainly he was signed because he was cheap cover for several positions and we didn't have much cash.

Agree with the last statement probably being the case like. It did smack of that, which is why I made the earlier point about (how if he isn't good enough) we'll have wasted money on 3 RBs (Ryan Taylor, Simpson and Perch) when we should've just bought one decent one (especially as Steven Taylor is probably a better RB than the 3 I've mentioned - and I'm not his biggest fan, as you know). I'm not writing him off yet though :jesuswept:

Blue bin dippers said the same thing about Gosling, so let's wait and see. Leeds thought Cantona was only worth 1m, so to be fair, they deserve a bit of time to prove themselves.

The reason i tend to think its different is that Everton fans were bitter (as ever!) that he'd left the way he had, and Leeds fans were pissed off that the team they prob hate most had taken him off them thanks to Wilkinson. Whereas the Forest fans didn't have a bad word for the guy as a person but thought he wasn't up to it. Like i say though, i'll give him time and hope he proves everyone wrong!

I also wonder about the midfield formation with Ben Arfa and Nolan in the same team and whether Perch was brought in with this in mind. If Hughton was looking at bringing in an Attacking midfielder and not just opportunistically getting Ben Arfa that is.

We'll see in the next few weeks.

This would have been easy but for Jonas beginning to play well. And the problem with dropping Nolan is that he creates a distraction in the box for Carroll to exploit.

Edited by Park Life

----------------Harper

Simpson Williamson Colo Enrique

----------Barton - Tiote

Routledge - Ben arfa - Jonas

-------------Carroll

use smith instead of barton when he's injured, or Guthrie. We are horribly exposed at right back btw. none of the 3 that are there are any where near good enough. when leading any of the bigger teams i'd put campbell on as he's still got enough experience. though whether his shorts would fit is another point. fat fucker...

Looks familiar :jesuswept:

----------------------Harper------------------------

Simspon--------Sol----Colo/Williamson----Enrique

----------------Tiote------Barton/Smith-------------

--------Routledge------Ben Arfa-------Jonas-------

---------------------------Carroll---------------------