Best Fans in the UK

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Alright lads, I've been a lurker for a few years on this board as I live in Newcastle and a few of my best mates support you.

I actually have a lot of respect for your support. Being a one club city it does feel like everything is orientated towards Newcastle FC. Imagine sharing a city with your biggest rivals, seeing a Sunderland shirt around every corner, and you get a sense of what it's like to be an Evertonian! Over the past few seasons I've been to a few matches and sat in the upper corner next to the away fans and I respect the atmosphere that corner tries to create (and St James' is superb) And those who say your fanbase is "deluded", well isn't that the whole point of football, at least to an extent? The vast majority of clubs win fuck all and yet their fans keep coming back for more.

Anyway, as an Everton season ticket holder I thought I'd throw in my two cents about our support. In terms of away support it's good, not as vocal as others but the numbers are always there. Plus we're always up for a laugh.

At Goodison the atmosphere vocally isn't good for the majority of matches. The good atmosphere that the media may refer to I think stems from the anger and angression that comes out in certain games, normally the big ones the media would pay most attention to like Liverpool or Man United, i.e. when the ref makes a royal fuck up of things.

With regards to the best away fans in the division I'm willing to go along with Man United. Always have the numbers and they always have a good variety of songs. Despite them being Mancs they don't sing the tiresome and unoriginal "sign on" song too, which as I sit in the Park End next to the away fans is welcome!

I'm looking forward to your visit on Saturday, you'll have the numbers and you'll be vocal, here's to some decent banter over the corner. Watch out for a handsome devil with a glorious mop of hair and some would say distinguishing glasses ;)

They always sing it. They were singing it when Bily scored last year, the boring scruffs. They're the most anti-scouse fans in the league by some distance.

They didn't sing it on Saturday. And if they were singing it when Bily scored, well that's the reason I can't remember it :icon_lol:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how whenever we went away you'd read the opposition players/managers asking their crowd to be up for it as there'd be a large, vocal Geordie following coming down to their place. How many times has the reverse happened?

Also, think of all the famous games in our past where there were thousands, (and I'm talking over 7,000 as a starter, up to almost 20,000 on one occasion), who traveled to away games which weren't even semi-finals but in some cases just 2nd division games or early round cup ties. When you've had a think about that, then try and think of all the games since you've been going of every single game at St. James' where an away side brought huge numbers, thats not just one club, but every club who've came here in your time following NUFC. It wouldn't even be a close thing.

P.S. To our Blue guest,

I've only once in my time of going to games, (1983), seen you bring a big-ish support up, (about 4,000 in the mid eighties). Now you may have taken millions to loads of other games, I'm just talking about games up here.

(Isn't it rather funny/sad when old successful clubs like Everton, Villa, Citeh, Spurs and yes, NUFC as well, have so little to shout about we bang on about size/attendances!)

Yours,

the sad/funny,

Howmanheyman

Edited by Howmanheyman

At Goodison the atmosphere vocally isn't good for the majority of matches. The good atmosphere that the media may refer to I think stems from the anger and angression that comes out in certain games, normally the big ones the media would pay most attention to like Liverpool or Man United, i.e. when the ref makes a royal fuck up of things.

It's not very PC to say but a huge ingredient in any decent atmosphere is aggression and hatred. That doesn't have to manifest in violence but it's still necessary imo.

It's not very PC to say but a huge ingredient in any decent atmosphere is aggression and hatred. That doesn't have to manifest in violence but it's still necessary imo.

Like I said before Goodison is arguably the most aggresive, hate-filled ground in the league. Tom knows, it's fucking primeval at times.

Funny how whenever we went away you'd read the opposition players/managers asking their crowd to be up for it as there'd be a large, vocal Geordie following coming down to their place. How many times has the reverse happened?

Also, think of all the famous games in our past where there were thousands, (and I'm talking over 7,000 as a starter, up to almost 20,000 on one occasion), who traveled to away games which weren't even semi-finals but in some cases just 2nd division games or early round cup ties. When you've had a think about that, then try and think of all the games since you've been going of every single game at St. James' where an away side brought huge numbers, thats not just one club, but every club who've came here in your time following NUFC. It wouldn't even be a close thing.

P.S. To our Blue guest,

I've only once in my time of going to games, (1983), seen you bring a big-ish support up, (about 4,000 in the mid eighties). Now you may have taken millions to loads of other games, I'm just talking about games up here.

(Isn't it rather funny/sad when old successful clubs like Everton, Villa, Citeh, Spurs and yes, NUFC as well, have so little to shout about we bang on about size/attendances!)

Yours,

the sad/funny,

Howmanheyman

I've been to St James' a few times in the away end, the last one being the 1-1 when both Arteta and Anichebe got injured (and Nolan is still going to get a tasty reception on Sat I'm sure) and we've sold out the away end. Newcastle's a proper away, one of my favourites. Great nights out after too.

With regards to you at Goodison, I can't remember you not selling out, despite the letterbox view from the back of the Lower Bullens and each person having about 10cm of leg room ;)

And I'm leaning towards sad mate. I'd kill for the League Cup and I'm sure you would too! My Manc mates scoff at the League Cup..

Like I said before Goodison is arguably the most aggresive, hate-filled ground in the league. Tom knows, it's fucking primeval at times.

I sat in with the Everton fans in the mid nineties when I couldn't get a ticket in our end, it was where the away fans are put now. there was a lot of apathy in the air, a lot of empty blue seats and the only primeval thing I saw was the fucking pie I ate. :icon_lol:

(to be fair, the blue Scousers knew we were Geordies and were good craic). ;)

Guest Tuco Ramirez

P.S. To our Blue guest,

Yours,

the sad/funny,

Howmanheyman

I've been to St James' a few times in the away end, the last one being the 1-1 when both Arteta and Anichebe got injured (and Nolan is still going to get a tasty reception on Sat I'm sure) and we've sold out the away end. Newcastle's a proper away, one of my favourites. Great nights out after too.

With regards to you at Goodison, I can't remember you not selling out, despite the letterbox view from the back of the Lower Bullens and each person having about 10cm of leg room ;)

And I'm leaning towards sad mate. I'd kill for the League Cup and I'm sure you would too! My Manc mates scoff at the League Cup..

The worst away support we've ever had for a league game in my time supporting the club was at Goodison 2 years ago just after the Keegan/Ashley thing (2-2 draw). I think we only had 1,100 which is an utter disgrace really but understandable at the time. Was on SKY on a sunday.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Had some dodgy experiences in Liverpool itself from both games but never felt the in-ground hated was that bad. That end behind the goal at Everton tends to be full of pathetic kids.

The worst away support we've ever had for a league game in my time supporting the club was at Goodison 2 years ago just after the Keegan/Ashley thing (2-2 draw). I think we only had 1,100 which is an utter disgrace really but understandable at the time. Was on SKY on a sunday.

You're right, I completely forgot about that. It was a surprise at the time though. Should be the full complement on Saturday.

You're right, I completely forgot about that. It was a surprise at the time though. Should be the full complement on Saturday.

Its was the day of the Great North Run mate. Ill be there on saturday, should be a canny day out.

Had some dodgy experiences in Liverpool itself from both games but never felt the in-ground hated was that bad. That end behind the goal at Everton tends to be full of pathetic kids.

Whats happened? If you don't mind me asking

Its was the day of the Great North Run mate. Ill be there on saturday, should be a canny day out.

Don't take anything I gesture in your direction personally ;)

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Great fuckin North Run pmsl, that's the shitest excuse I've ever heard, worse even than Liverpool's excuse for getting 29,000 that time in the Champions League...Paddy's Day. We only got 2,650 this time sold out three weeks ago.

Nothing serious - just dodgy walks back to Lime St feeling like you needed six pairs of eyes. Also walking into pubs resulting in wild west style silences and get out orders.

Nothing serious - just dodgy walks back to Lime St feeling like you needed six pairs of eyes. Also walking into pubs resulting in wild west style silences and get out orders.

I was thinking you'd say the walks back to Lime St, best to just jump in a cab, avoid the scallys down Everton valley.

And Away fans should be sound in the likes of the Winslow on Goodison Road. Otherwise drink in the city centre beforehand, you should have no problems there.

I was thinking you'd say the walks back to Lime St, best to just jump in a cab, avoid the scallys down Everton valley.

And Away fans should be sound in the likes of the Winslow on Goodison Road. Otherwise drink in the city centre beforehand, you should have no problems there.

I'd avoid The Winslow If I was an away fan, last year most of the Geordies were in the 'spoons on Walton road.

You bit first tbf.

I think he was genuinely astonished no one mentioned Everton, funny how he defended the clubs support by saying they had 3200 fans outside of Alkmaar's ground who couldn't get in ;)

If any Mag on here said Everton then I'd expect the next post to be from the Irish lad from the Everest advert saying, "Now be honest, you didn't expect to be seeing that, did you?".

Yow can't look past the Villah when it comes to the best fans in the cuntroy, to be honest!

:icon_lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman

Guest Tuco Ramirez
You bit first tbf.

I think he was genuinely astonished no one mentioned Everton, funny how he defended the clubs support by saying they had 3200 fans outside of Alkmaar's ground who couldn't get in :icon_lol:

If any Mag on here said Everton then I'd expect the next post to be from the Irish lad from the Everest advert saying, "Now be honest, you didn't expect to be seeing that, did you?".

Yow can't look past the Villah when it comes to the best fans in the cuntroy, to be honest!

;) Did you see their away support at Stoke?? At least 1500 empty seats for a game which is what?? 30 mile away? Or should I say awoiii.

You bit first tbf.

I think he was genuinely astonished no one mentioned Everton, funny how he defended the clubs support by saying they had 3200 fans outside of Alkmaar's ground who couldn't get in :icon_lol:

;) Did you see their away support at Stoke?? At least 1500 empty seats for a game which is what?? 30 mile away? Or should I say awoiii.

I didn't see it but am happy to take your word for it if you, sorry, yow saw it on the telloiii!

Villa.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
You bit first tbf.

I didn't see it but am happy to take your word for it if you, sorry, yow saw it on the telloiii!

Villa.

Olte Enduz in the skoi yippy aye yip yippy aye owwww

Gabboi Gabboi Gabboi Aboonluhor hois fast as fook hois fast foooooo oooooo oooook

On the peesss mu lorrd on the peessss oh lorrd on the peessss, its yowa round mu lorrd its yowa round, owwwwww lorrd its yowa round

Birmeeeengggum are yow lisinin to the songs we'uuur seeengeeen, walkin along seeengeen uh song shit on the Citoi as woi goooooooooooooooooah

You bit first tbf.

Villa.

Gabboi Gabboi Gabboi Aboonluhor hois fast as fook hois fast foooooo oooooo oooook

On the peesss mu lorrd on the peessss oh lorrd on the peessss, its yowa round mu lorrd its yowa round, owwwwww lorrd its yowa round

Birmeeeengggum are yow lisinin to the songs we'uuur seeengeeen, walkin along seeengeen uh song shit on the Citoi as woi goooooooooooooooooah

Seriously, though, 1,500 empty seats at Stoke.

Shite support once more from Villa. I just can't believe it when I see these fucking clueless cunts trying to take the piss out of our support, have they no idea of the hypocrisy? If we have a bad gate then we call it as we see it and admit it. These fuckers are incapable of putting their hands up admitting they've got an average support, I don't expect them to call themselves boring, though, no, we'll do that one on their behalf, tbf.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
You bit first tbf.

Villa.

Shite support once more from Villa. I just can't believe it when I see these fucking clueless cunts trying to take the piss out of our support, have they no idea of the hypocrisy? If we have a bad gate then we call it as we see it and admit it. These fuckers are incapable of putting their hands up admitting they've got an average support, I don't expect them to call themselves boring, though, no, we'll do that one on their behalf, tbf.

Look at the Premiership since 1993.

Villa have had 19,000

Everton have had 13,000

Spurs have had 17,000 on more than one occasion

Liverpool have had 22,000 in

Arsenal had a 19,000

We remain the only club to have never had a gate under 30,000 in the Premiership, even Man Utd have. So it's easy to get carried away with stats like that, but EVERYONE in football knows the truth, and I'm not going to say what it is because I don't need to, everyone knows what the truth is, you can base it on opinion or even fact.

The thing is a bad gate for us, is the better than the likes of Villa, Everton and Spurs have had for 30 years. The only club in football who support wise stand up to us are Man Utd. They've won 25 trophies in the last twenty years and we've won none. Villa and Everton at home were never big games for us, and even this season they're games we should be looking to win. You enjoy the games more when there's 3,000 passionate away fans giving you it, and that happens when Leeds, Man Utd and Sunderland come, no cunt else really. I always like games against the three big London teams, oh and Tottenham too as well.

While I'm at it, I caught a bit of big nose Thompson bigging up his pal Houllier on the SKY sports saturday show with Stelling. He came out with, "What a big club Villa are, Geoff, people forget, they're a big club with great support, yeah they have a little moan, which supporters don't?".

This is from the same fucker who has had a few snidey digs at our support in the past, calling us moaners! But with 'Tommo' he's such a hardcore scouse red, that you can tell it really fucking grates when our fans are praised and his fans aren't.

You bit first tbf.

Villa.

Look at the Premiership since 1993.

Villa have had 19,000

Everton have had 13,000

Spurs have had 17,000 on more than one occasion

Liverpool have had 22,000 in

Arsenal had a 19,000

We remain the only club to have never had a gate under 30,000 in the Premiership, even Man Utd have. So it's easy to get carried away with stats like that, but EVERYONE in football knows the truth, and I'm not going to say what it is because I don't need to, everyone knows what the truth is, you can base it on opinion or even fact.

The thing is a bad gate for us, is the better than the likes of Villa, Everton and Spurs have had for 30 years. The only club in football who support wise stand up to us are Man Utd. They've won 25 trophies in the last twenty years and we've won none. Villa and Everton at home were never big games for us, and even this season they're games we should be looking to win. You enjoy the games more when there's 3,000 passionate away fans giving you it, and that happens when Leeds, Man Utd and Sunderland come, no cunt else really. I always like games against the three big London teams, oh and Tottenham too as well.

We played Chelsea in the league cup early on the rounds in 1992, we were in the 2nd division. There was 30,000 there on a night game during the week. 7,000 were Mags. Three days later Chelsea played Sheff Utd in the PL at Stamford Bridge watched by 13,000!

Guest Tuco Ramirez
While I'm at it, I caught a bit of big nose Thompson bigging up his pal Houllier on the SKY sports saturday show with Stelling. He came out with, "What a big club Villa are, Geoff, people forget, they're a big club with great support, yeah they have a little moan, which supporters don't?".

This is from the same fucker who has had a few snidey digs at our support in the past, calling us moaners! But with 'Tommo' he's such a hardcore scouse red, that you can tell it really fucking grates when our fans are praised and his fans aren't.

Double standards, he hates us. I've seen him scowl at the mention of our name. I read loads of things about their opinion of Keegan, they fell out of love with him due to the amount of flattering comparisons he made comparing us to them. I think a lot of scouse people certainly hate NUFC. I think it's largely that they think we shouldn't think that we count, but we do, we're part of the nations psyche and they hate it because our last 40 years certainly don't merit being so. The media kick us more than love us, for every Henry Winter who imo, is a closet toon fan, there's 20 journalists like Matthew Syed, but the fact is we count, people want to read us, we're on TV everys eason far more than Villa, Everton or Spurs purely cos people want to watch us (probably get beat) that in essence is an underlying reason they feel threatened by us, and appalled their clubs don't get comparative coverage. Eric the King once said it's great to be talked about, if it's or bad, even if it's bad, because it shows you exist, and he's right.

Villa are utterly shit fans but they're not as shit as that wall pushing shower of shite he's been involved with for 40 years. Imagine them having our recent past they'd be like Southampton at best off the pitch.