Windows Temp folder

LeazesMag

I've emptied this folder in the past, with no repercussions or resultant file errors so I'm 99.9% sure you can do this safely. But is there anyway you can do it automatically when you log off like you do with "temp internet files" ?

It has lots of folders in it, although not using much space, and it slows down your PC ?

cheers to both of you.

This is a new PC, I just want to be 100% about this, I don't want to fuck it up by doing something wrong. My avast picked up some malware in the folder and got rid of it, but I saw there are lots of files so I'll empty the whole thing.

cheers to both of you.

This is a new PC, I just want to be 100% about this, I don't want to fuck it up by doing something wrong. My avast picked up some malware in the folder and got rid of it, but I saw there are lots of files so I'll empty the whole thing.

leaves, get 2 malware programs, malware bytes and superanti malware, get them updated and run them both twice a month, that should keep you on a the short and narrow

also get microsoft security essentials, thats a really good security tool

Edited by sandman02uk

My google-earth folder (80+ megs) is in the windows temp folder ???? I presume I have fucked this up when I installed it ?

Edit. It's C:\WINDOWS\Temp\._msige52\program files\google\googlearth which has plugins and cleint folders making a total of 81 megs, even though I've uninstalled google earth ?

Edited by LeazesMag

My google-earth folder (80+ megs) is in the windows temp folder ???? I presume I have fucked this up when I installed it ?

Edit. It's C:\WINDOWS\Temp\._msige52\program files\google\googlearth which has plugins and cleint folders making a total of 81 megs, even though I've uninstalled google earth ?

If you've uninstalled Earth then there shouldnt be any major conmsequences of deleting your temp folder.