That plan to emulate Arsenal...

Happy Face

Was looking at the average age of the Newcastle team that finished the game last night. Was about 26. Wondered how that matched up with the PL average and it seems the plan to emulate Arsenal is coming to fruition...

Average squad age

Arsenal 24.9

Mackems 25.8

Newcastle 25.9

Wigan 26.2

Man City 26.3

Wolves 26.4

Blackpool 26.5

West Ham 26.6

Liverpool 26.9

WBA 26.9

Spurs 27

Everton 27.2

Chelsea 27.4

Man U 27.7

Villa 27.7

Blackburn 27.7

Bolton 28.2

Birmingham 28.4

Fulham 29.1

Stoke 29.1

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-...bewerb_GB1.html

World of difference from 3 years ago really....Owen, Geremi, Viduka, Duff, Sibierski, Cacapa, Beye.

The youth have bought the best out of the older players that remain too. Barton and Nolan look like they totally rule the roost and have the respect of the whole squad and they're only 28. You never thought anyone had any respect for Owen like that.

Edited by Happy Face

I assume we've now dropped the Villa model then?

Villa and that great owner Randy Lerner who appointed that great manager Martin O'Neill and dished out a long term plan ie contract to him, may have adopted ours :huff:

We've surpassed and discarded that model.

Next step, to appoint Wenger.

that would be a good plan.

We've surpassed and discarded that model.

Next step, to appoint Wenger.

ahah this also fits in with the stadium naming rights

arsenal@St James Park

Villa and that great owner Randy Lerner who appointed that great manager Martin O'Neill and dished out a long term plan ie contract to him, may have adopted ours :huff:

Villa plan?

1. Hire shite manager (O'neil)

2. Give shite manager lots of money to buy over priced players and underachieve

3. When the team falls short of anything worth while give shite manager more money to waste on over priced crap

4. When shite manager leaves, hire a new manager to completely overhaul the team and dice with relegation calling it a "rebuilding" phase.

5. Repeat step 1-4

The average age of our starting line up last night was 27.

The average age of Arsenal’s starting line up last night was 24.

All the OP stat proves is that we have a lot of kids in the squad. It doesn’t tell us how good they are. Carroll is a good young player and so is Krul, but after that what have we got?

Edited by Problem Child

All the OP stat proves is that we have a lot of kids in the squad. It doesn’t tell us how good they are. Carroll is a good young player and so is Krul, but after that what have we got?

Ranger.

Enrique - 24

Tiote - 24

Carroll - 22

Krul - 22

Simpson - 24

Ben Arfa - 23

Gosling - 20

Barton - 28

Nolan - 28

Guiterrez - 27

S. Taylor - 24

Colocinni - 28

Williamson - 27

Routledge - 25

Given that our starting 11 with no injuries is (largely maybe except Harps) going to be from those players, I wouldn't exactly say that our team isn't young or good. Also, we might not be as good as Arsenal at the moment. However, if it is following a model then we are at an early stage, we have certainly seen progress from two years ago.

Furtheremore, if you change Harper with Krul our average age goes from 27 to 25.8. And if Carroll instead of Lovenkrands, it is 24.9. So stop making shit up.

Edit: Also being a mackem, do you honestly have nothing better to do than troll a Newcastle board....

Edited by Flair

Villa plan?

1. Hire shite manager

2. Give shite manager lots of money to buy over priced players and underachieve

3. When the team falls short of anything worth while give shite manager more money to waste on over priced crap

4. When shite manager leaves, hire a new manager to completely overhaul the team and dice with relegation calling it a "rebuilding" phase.

5. Repeat step 1-4

I thought i was reading the newcastle story then

Enrique - 24

Tiote - 24

Carroll - 22

Krul - 22

Simpson - 24

Ben Arfa - 23

Gosling - 20

Barton - 28

Nolan - 28

Guiterrez - 27

S. Taylor - 24

Colocinni - 28

Williamson - 27

Routledge - 25

Given that our starting 11 with no injuries is (largely maybe except Harps) going to be from those players, I wouldn't exactly say that our team isn't young or good. Also, we might not be as good as Arsenal at the moment. However, if it is following a model then we are at an early stage, we have certainly seen progress from two years ago.

Furtheremore, if you change Harper with Krul our average age goes from 27 to 25.8. And if Carroll instead of Lovenkrands, it is 24.9. So stop making shit up.

Edit: Also being a mackem, do you honestly have nothing better to do than troll a Newcastle board....

I’m not making stuff up. Those were the average ages of the respective clubs starting line ups. It might not be a fact you like but a fact it is.

We’re a million miles from emulating Arsenal’s youth policy. We have two young players who have come through the youth system in the last few years who are clearly good enough for the Premier League (neither of which were brought to the club under Ashley’s regime) after that the cupboard is more or less bare. Ranger, Kadar and Vukic have been much hyped but only one of them has been good enough to challenge for a first team spot this season and he looked like a plank last night.

Newcastle’s youth policy is no better than any other clubs. We are buying younger players on the basis of them retaining resale value, because it's the cheap option. Arsenal don’t do this, they pay big fees and pay top wages to secure the services of the world’s best young players. We are just scraping around looking for bargains, players who are available on the cheap because they have fallen out with their clubs.

Emulating Arsenal? Swallowing the bullshit more like.