Mike Ashley

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Hmm, just looked into it, didn't realise we were on nearly £40mil for TV money alone!

So chances are we made a loss last year, but if he can get us finishing 17th each season surely he will make a hefty profit with the wage bill at its current level?

Which is what I said about him having learned nothing and jeopardising us again.

I Don't see a "hefty" profit even with survival though. the profit league last year was...

Man U £91.3m

Arsenal £58.8m

Livepool 24.9m

Spurs £18.4m

Birmingham £13.7m

Everton £6.3m

Wolves -£1.6m

Fulham -£2.1m

Mackems -£2.4m

Bolton -£5.3m

Blackburn -£6.8m

Stoke -£7.8m

Burnley -£8.9m

Hull -£9.2m

Chelsea -£11.4m

Villa -£13.1m

Wigan -£17m

Portsmouth -£17m

West Ham -£32.8m

Mn City -£34.2m

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...we-1912244.html

Given the top 4 have a model based on champions league qualification, the next best model Ashley could look at to try and turn a profit is Birmingham. I doubt their wage bill is significantly greater than ours. If he was able to match their profits year in year out...he might have recouped his loan to the club and be able to start turning a profit in ten years time.

There's only 3 clubs there that actually turn a profit outside of the champions league.

The cash cow theory is full of holes. Ineptitude is far more plausible.

Edited by Happy Face

Boring and sick of this topic. Sky have made it effectively impossible for a boycott to ever have an effect. A club can be run, with a wage structure, on tv money alone. All that will happen is if 52000 stop going he reduces the wage bill further and hopes to stay in the league. Plus, it is impossible to organise everyone not going unless you barracade the ground in which case police action will certainly be taken.

He is only gonna leave if he dies or gets a silly offer. TV Money will keep him going provided NUFC stay up and he always has the club as an asset to sell.

Therefore, those who claim to not be going for the good of the club, don't bother even thinking you are helping because your not and it is naive to think this way imo. He doesn't care. If people wanna ruin their saturday not going out of principle and allowing him to take away the best part of the week that is fine but I am gonna keep going simply because it doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

I'm convinced that he sees the fans as an annoyance and hinderance, not a benefit to the club.

He's fast enough to use video of them in his tat ad's

I would imagine that's because they're free.

Hmm, just looked into it, didn't realise we were on nearly £40mil for TV money alone!

So chances are we made a loss last year, but if he can get us finishing 17th each season surely he will make a hefty profit with the wage bill at its current level?

Which is what I said about him having learned nothing and jeopardising us again.

I Don't see a "hefty" profit even with survival though. the profit league last year was...

Man U £91.3m

Arsenal £58.8m

Livepool 24.9m

Spurs £18.4m

Birmingham £13.7m

Everton £6.3m

Wolves -£1.6m

Fulham -£2.1m

Mackems -£2.4m

Bolton -£5.3m

Blackburn -£6.8m

Stoke -£7.8m

Burnley -£8.9m

Hull -£9.2m

Chelsea -£11.4m

Villa -£13.1m

Wigan -£17m

Portsmouth -£17m

West Ham -£32.8m

Mn City -£34.2m

Given the top 4 have a model based on champions league qualification, the next best model Ashley could look at to try and turn a profit is Birmingham. I doubt their wage bill is significantly greater than ours. If he was able to match their profits year in year out...he might have recouped his loan to the club and be able to start turning a profit in ten years time.

There's only 3 clubs there that actually turn a profit outside of the champions league.

Chelsea recently announced losses of over 30M for last financial year.

Man U £91.3m

Arsenal £58.8m

Livepool 24.9m

Spurs £18.4m

Birmingham £13.7m

Everton £6.3m

Wolves -£1.6m

Fulham -£2.1m

Mackems -£2.4m

Bolton -£5.3m

Blackburn -£6.8m

Stoke -£7.8m

Burnley -£8.9m

Hull -£9.2m

Chelsea -£11.4m

Villa -£13.1m

Wigan -£17m

Portsmouth -£17m

West Ham -£32.8m

Mn City -£34.2m

Our turnover is double that of Birmingham

Man U £91.3m

Arsenal £58.8m

Livepool 24.9m

Spurs £18.4m

Birmingham £13.7m

Everton £6.3m

Wolves -£1.6m

Fulham -£2.1m

Mackems -£2.4m

Bolton -£5.3m

Blackburn -£6.8m

Stoke -£7.8m

Burnley -£8.9m

Hull -£9.2m

Chelsea -£11.4m

Villa -£13.1m

Wigan -£17m

Portsmouth -£17m

West Ham -£32.8m

Mn City -£34.2m

Our turnover was double that of Birmingham

FYP

That was at it's height.

Last year our turnover would have been about the same as Birmingham.