Time For Ashley To Speak

Christmas Tree

Feeling sick as a dog and just had a horrible nights patchy sleep. :lol:

At the times where I did sleep, I was having these horrible dreams about St James. All the good players had gone and retail units like Shearers and the club shop had been duplicated all around the ground so that it just looked like an extension of Eldon square.

Then I wake up an read the Jose piece in the Daily Mail. Regardless whether the comments are actually his or not, we all know the reality of the situation and the forthcoming despair of the summer transfer window.

Having fought our way back from the bowels of the Championship, is Ashley really prepared to gamble with our status once again? I understand that all clubs lose players to better clubs, thats sad but life.

But.

But I dont see why we have to lose them without a fight. These next few months are the most crucial moment for me in the clubs recent history.

Players havent gone yet, Europe IS still a possibility and the season ticket scenario is up in the air.

If there is any shred of Ambition in Ashley he needs to somehow communicate that to the players and fans. Fuck the five year plans etc, now is the time for a genuine statement of intent.

Put on record yourself, not via Pardew, what the summer war chest will be.

Put on record that no player will be sold in the summer and contracts will be adhered too.

Put on record that next season will be the season we attack Europe.

Lets have some positive, genuine, fighting talk to give players a reason to think twice.

Every fucker should be twittering the local and national journos and getting them to hound him for an interview.

Lets all email the PR woman wendy.taylor@nufc.co.uk

We need to get the wheels rolling and not just Zombie along into this.

Depressed in Boldon.

Edited by Christmas Tree

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, even if he did come out and put something on record he's showed that his word means fuck all.

I agree with your sentiment though, because now is a crucial time for the immediate future of the club IMO. What happens between now and the start of next season will be the true indication of what we can expect over the upcoming years (until Ashely sells up).

Aye, the compendium has been been relatively short of risible fodder from the owner recently.

It's not too late for him to come out with some lark about a bet on us to qualify for Europe.

It is a fact* that he could enlighten us with plenty of facts about the whole Andy Carroll saga.

* - May contain traces of truth.

The problem is, no fucker would believe him anyway. And him/the club have already gone on record so many times with things that have subsequently been proven to be a lie and yet the press are still largely fairly sympathetic to him. The local journos / NE correspondents don't want to be banned from SJP whilst the majority of the tabloid press seem happy to perpetuate the various myths about our collective delusions and how Ashley has really been our saviour with his supposed financial prudence. It's probably as naive to think that Ashley would be taken to task over going back on these hypothetical questions in the long run as it is to think he'll come out and make them in the first place.

He shouldnt come out and say what funds are available. All that does is tell people we are buying from how much they can hike their prices up by. Mind, people will probably do that anyway thinking we have £35M to burn when the likelyhood is we'll have much less than that.

He shouldnt come out and say what funds are available. All that does is tell people we are buying from how much they can hike their prices up by. Mind, people will probably do that anyway thinking we have £35M to burn when the likelyhood is we'll have much less than that.

That's why he needs to say the kitty is £3m...which includes salary.

Well I s'pose if he's got any sense he'll be saying all this to the players, without saying any of it to the press.

That's if he's got any sense..

If he was I dont think you would have Barton squawking in the press.

Re: Barton, I think if he was convinced there was nee money to spend this summer he'd have already come out and said he wants away. In those exact terms. He's not arsed who he upsets in terms of comments (and fair enough) but as far as I'm aware he hasn't come out and said that yet. So I would guess the situation is they've been given certain assurances via Pardew, which at the same time they know to be practically worthless if Ashley's whim changes, so it's currently a case of waiting and seeing what happens for some.

The Tiote comments are the most worrying sound bite I've heard from a serving Newcastle manager in years, mind. :lol:

You preparing to do another Eric Bristow CT?

We were told by the club that Carroll wouldn't be going anywhere. It was your evidence that we were now going places and you were disgusted when he did sell him. You think Ashley saying something now rather than Llambias will imbue it with more integrity? Will it return you to a positive frame of mind...as has all the other shit they've shoveled at you?

You preparing to do another Eric Bristow CT?

We were told by the club that Carroll wouldn't be going anywhere. It was your evidence that we were now going places and you were disgusted when he did sell him. You think Ashley saying something now rather than Llambias will imbue it with more integrity? Will it return you to a positive frame of mind...as has all the other shit they've shoveled at you?

I know all of that Happy but at the end of the day, what else is left if not hope, no matter how perverse.

I will be up and down like a pogo stick forever, thats just me. But this is the gloomiest outlook in our recent history, given how close we were // are, to having a very very good team. That makes the dismantling of the squad so hard to bear.

Whether I believe any statement or not doesnt matter, but it might, just might persuade some players to stick with us.

I just dont think we should let them go without a fight. The positivity around the camp seems to be draining away day by day.

My mate's lass is well into darts and she happened to see Eric Bristow at a tournament. She kept meaning to ask him if he knew what an 'Eric Bristow' was, but she bottled it in the end.

Feeling sick as a dog and just had a horrible nights patchy sleep. :lol:

At the times where I did sleep, I was having these horrible dreams about St James. All the good players had gone and retail units like Shearers and the club shop had been duplicated all around the ground so that it just looked like an extension of Eldon square.

Then I wake up an read the Jose piece in the Daily Mail. Regardless whether the comments are actually his or not, we all know the reality of the situation and the forthcoming despair of the summer transfer window.

Having fought our way back from the bowels of the Championship, is Ashley really prepared to gamble with our status once again? I understand that all clubs lose players to better clubs, thats sad but life.

But.

But I dont see why we have to lose them without a fight. These next few months are the most crucial moment for me in the clubs recent history.

Players havent gone yet, Europe IS still a possibility and the season ticket scenario is up in the air.

If there is any shred of Ambition in Ashley he needs to somehow communicate that to the players and fans. Fuck the five year plans etc, now is the time for a genuine statement of intent.

Put on record yourself, not via Pardew, what the summer war chest will be.

Put on record that no player will be sold in the summer and contracts will be adhered too.

Put on record that next season will be the season we attack Europe.

Lets have some positive, genuine, fighting talk to give players a reason to think twice.

Every fucker should be twittering the local and national journos and getting them to hound him for an interview.

Lets all email the PR woman wendy.taylor@nufc.co.uk

We need to get the wheels rolling and not just Zombie along into this.

Depressed in Boldon.

fuckin hell CT. You can appeal all you like mate, but nowts going to happen, he just isn't going to do it. He doesn't give a fuck man, so long as the money is coming in.

And THAT - is the only way, and could take a long time too. Believe me, thats what it took the last time. Long term apathy, or an acceptable bid from a potential buyer.

we are certainly a lot more attractive to any potential buyer now than we were this time last year. here's hoping because i have to agree with leazesmag - i can't see anything but mediocrity at best while ashley is in charge. i'd love it if he proved me wrong but can't see it going on his time in charge so far. seems our only hope is a buyout.