Pardew on Ashley, Finances and Future

Christmas Tree

Perch and Smith out, 2 good strikers in, a good winger, full back cover and retain Ireland(if he fits in and looks good), sign up Barton,Nolan and Jose. That would be a good summer for me. Oh and fucking Guthrie off and getting O` Hara wouldnt be bad either

haha, and you still believe in Santa Claus do you :D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Your Name Here
Shaun Custis claims to have a document circulated by the club after relegation outlining who was for sale and how much they wanted for them. NUFC’s valuation in brackets.

FOR SALE Colo (£3m) Enrique (£3.5m) Jonas (£3m) Barton (£1.5m) Nolan (£3m) Smith (£3m) Shola (£2m) Martins (£8m)

The list also included players who they might sell and ones to keep.

MIGHT SELL Krul (£1.5m) Forster (£1m) Raylor (£3m) Guthrie (£2m) Carroll (£1m)

KEEP Harper (£1m) Beye (£2m) Saylor (£5m) Bassong (£8m) Duff (£3m)

Anything published in the media has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but the scope and detail in this gives it above average credence. If it is true, it shows it was a lack of suitable offers and not planning that saw us come straight back up... the spine of our promotion team would have been gone if the clubs plan had come to fruitition.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ay-to-bank.html

The credibility test for that is we kept the supposedly for sale players and sold those on the keep list :D

Who you want to sell and who you can sell are two seperate situations though.

Correct.

It very easy to dismiss everything in the media as 100% fabrication, especially if you don’t like what they are saying. However, the pure bullshit tends to be tucked away in the side columns not splashed all over two pages. There’s also the timing to consider, why make this up now?

Pure fiction and shite journalism. Plus Oba went for £10m...

Additional to this ''for sale'' Kevin Nolan couldn't have been sold as he only joined the club in January!

I think it's probably got some legs tbf. Also the figures are the club's supposed valuation, not what we ended up getting for them. If Wolfsburg come straight in with the £9m bid they actually paid for him straight away, we weren't likely to tell them we only wanted 8.

Isn't the '2 clubs max inside a year' rule only valid in the same division? Pretty certain the fact we were relegated negated that.

As for the lists, they're not too far wide of the mark. At the time I don't remember many too enamoured by Colo, Jonas & Enrique and most (me included) reckoned Barton should have been driven out of the club after what happened at Anfield.

I don't think so, Craig. Or it certainly didn't use to be. It was always a Uefa thing I think.

Shaun Custis claims to have a document circulated by the club after relegation outlining who was for sale and how much they wanted for them. NUFC’s valuation in brackets.

FOR SALE Colo (£3m) Enrique (£3.5m) Jonas (£3m) Barton (£1.5m) Nolan (£3m) Smith (£3m) Shola (£2m) Martins (£8m)

Anything published in the media has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but the scope and detail in this gives it above average credence. If it is true, it shows it was a lack of suitable offers and not planning that saw us come straight back up... the spine of our promotion team would have been gone if the clubs plan had come to fruitition.

oh dear.

It's the Sun man, nothing in the Sun is ever true, the Guardian's the only paper that prints anything worthwhile apart from Louise Taylor articles.

Custis sometimes seems to almost apologise for being a Newcastle supporter but it doesn't mean what he says isn't true.

Edited by LeazesMag

Great article and obviously absolutely "on the money", I mean we sold more from the "keep" list that we did from the "sell" or even "might sell" list :D

Guest Your Name Here

Great article and obviously absolutely "on the money", I mean we sold more from the "keep" list that we did from the "sell" or even "might sell" list :D

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=876712

Guest Your Name Here

oh dear.

It's the Sun man, nothing in the Sun is ever true, the Guardian's the only paper that prints anything worthwhile apart from Louise Taylor articles.

Custis sometimes seems to almost apologise for being a Newcastle supporter but it doesn't mean what he says isn't true.

Why would he make this up now?

oh dear.

Why would he make this up now?

exactly.

did you miss my sarcasm ?

Perch and Smith out, 2 good strikers in, a good winger, full back cover and retain Ireland(if he fits in and looks good), sign up Barton,Nolan and Jose. That would be a good summer for me. Oh and fucking Guthrie off and getting O` Hara wouldnt be bad either

5 in 2 or 3 out?? You think that's asking too much??

Fucking hell you are such a negative twat, I bet you sit at home praying we don't sign any decent players

Fucking hell you are such a negative twat, I bet you sit at home praying we don't sign any decent players

of course, thats why I'm paying the next 3 years upfront again you stupid cunt.

Guest Your Name Here

No, but a club looking to repay some loans might.

Wanting the club to financially secure, the bastard

Turning the club into a laughing stock, the bastard. Assaulting its funds, the bastard. Seeing it as a product to make money out of, the bastard.

The fans had a big part in turning the club into a laughing stock by their hysterical reaction to KK being sacked! It was like a child screaming because it had had its favourite toy taken away!

As far as I know Ashley has (or had) a mother and father and so there is no basis whatsoever for the accusation of him being a bastard.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support these wild and unsubstantiated accusations that Ashley has assaulted the clubs funds, nor is there any evidence that he sees the club as a source to make money.

On the contrary it is perfectly clear it has been a drain upon his own personal fortune, hence his decision that the club should operate within its resources like any other business or household should do.

Turning the club into a laughing stock, the bastard. Assaulting its funds, the bastard. Seeing it as a product to make money out of, the bastard.

The fans had a big part in turning the club into a laughing stock by their hysterical reaction to KK being sacked! It was like a child screaming because it had had its favourite toy taken away!

As far as I know Ashley has (or had) a mother and father and so there is no basis whatsoever for the accusation of him being a bastard.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support these wild and unsubstantiated accusations that Ashley has assaulted the clubs funds, nor is there any evidence that he sees the club as a source to make money.

On the contrary it is perfectly clear it has been a drain upon his own personal fortune, hence his decision that the club should operate within its resources like any other business or household should do.

and the NUST was born out of that, it took this for people to see Mike Ashley for what he is. Shit judgement tbh, it was obvious long before that.

Other than that, you don't seem to be saying anything of any significance here, but maybe when we don't see the money from the sale of Carroll and the impetus of last seasons promotion has gone, you may change your mind.

Guest Your Name Here

After what KK had done for this club the fans reaction to him being treated like shit was 100% justified and the only person who responded in a hysterical way was Ashley, who immediately issued a self indulgent rant and put the club up for sale. It might have passed you by but loyalty is the basis of any football club. Keegan earned our loyalty, Ashley is exploiting it.

The money Ashley has loaned the club since he bought it has been used to protect his investment in lieu of his many mistakes. He hasn’t taken any out yet because there’s been nothing to take out. Loaning the club his money so he can then take it out again would almost be as stupid as your post.

After what KK had done for this club the fans reaction to him being treated like shit was 100% justified and the only person who responded in a hysterical way was Ashley, who immediately issued a self indulgent rant and put the club up for sale. It might have passed you by but loyalty is the basis of any football club. Keegan earned our loyalty, Ashley is exploiting it.

The money Ashley has loaned the club since he bought it has been used to protect his investment in lieu of his many mistakes. He hasn’t taken any out yet because there’s been nothing to take out. Loaning the club his money so he can then take it out again would almost be as stupid as your post.

You still have to support my proposition that he has not taken any money out of the club. However, it seems to be your proposition that once it is making a profit he will take money out of the club.

I would reiterate you have no evidence whatsoever to support this view.

One could just as easily take the view that all the future profit the club makes will be spent on bringing in the cream of the worlds players. I have no evidence to support this view, but it is just as valid a view as yours!

So you pay 3 years up front and all you do is piss and moan, you really are a sad twat

Edited by jaythesouthernmag

Guest Your Name Here

You still have to support my proposition that he has not taken any money out of the club. However, it seems to be your proposition that once it is making a profit he will take money out of the club.I would reiterate you have no evidence whatsoever to support this view.

One could just as easily take the view that all the future profit the club makes will be spent on bringing in the cream of the worlds players. I have no evidence to support this view, but it is just as valid a view as yours!

That’s right; as is your supposition there is no definitive evidence what he’ll do when the club starts making a profit. There was a report recently suggesting we’ll make a profit this season and this forecast didn’t include the Carroll money, so perhaps in two years when next season’s accounts are published we’ll get to know the truth.

As always we’re all left guessing what lies in store under Ashley’s ownership. However, the basic premise of a loan is that the money will be repaid and he has no known record of philanthropy.

You still have to support my proposition that he has not taken any money out of the club. However, it seems to be your proposition that once it is making a profit he will take money out of the club.I would reiterate you have no evidence whatsoever to support this view.

That’s right; as is your supposition there is no definitive evidence what he’ll do when the club starts making a profit. There was a report recently suggesting we’ll make a profit this season and this forecast didn’t include the Carroll money, so perhaps in two years when next season’s accounts are published we’ll get to know the truth.

As always we’re all left guessing what lies in store under Ashley’s ownership. However, the basic premise of a loan is that the money will be repaid and he has no known record of philanthropy.

Nobody is saying he is a philanthropist. If he was I'd be very worried indeed because he would just be throwing money at the problem without fixing it. As it is we are very well positioned now for the rule changes to be phased in over the next three years that state the club must operate within its turnover (or something along those lines).

This is probably why Liverpool and Chelsea have blown vast amounts now for Carroll, Suarez and Torres, because it means with amortisation the players values will have dropped to within their turnover in three years time.

I think Carroll signed a 5 and a half year contract or 5 years from this summer, meaning his value will decrease by £21 million over three years so his value will only be £14m which will probably be affordable within their turnover, especially if they have qualified for europe by then.

Likewise, if Torres signed a 5 year deal his value will only be £20m in 3 years time which will again be affordable against turnover especially with european money thrown in!

So you pay 3 years up front and all you do is piss and moan, you really are a sad twat

I didn't piss and moan when we were playing in the Champions League and europe regularly, especially moan on about fucking warehouses, dividends and the price of black and white shirts.

You have to admire Ashley really - it seems he has been very good at lowering expectations to an extent where a lot of people on here and on NO are satisfied with mediocrity

He's no clown he knows what he is doing

How we have declined under this wanker- we used to have to have 52000 every week with a 10,000 waiting list - we have lost 15000 fans already - wait for next season when we regular;ly get below 40k

Ashley has turned us from being one of the biggest clubs in the country into an also ran - happy to stay in the top division and nothing more