Add-ons

LeazesMag

If you mean browser add-ons and you get them from official sources then no. But if you install a add-on like a tool bar from a random download then its sure to be filled with shite.

my avast started saying I had a problem with dodgy url's, one of them was TimesOnline, another was yahoomail. WTF ?

Anyway, I followed the info through that I had and it said it was a problem with an add-on, not necessarily a virus [fuck knows where the virus could have came from which is what I didn't understand].

Anyway, I disabled some add-ons and it seemed OK. I also updated my avast to a new version. So far so good, no bother at all. However I can't get youtube now. It says to download adobe flash player version 10, I've done it twice and keeps saying to download it ?

Edit

This was the reference avast gave me

http://forum.soft32.com/win4/IEXPLORE-EXE-...pict206029.html

the iexplore.exe was in small letters, I'm not getting it now, just probs with adobe

Edited by LeazesMag

I've tried these systems before.

It seems OK now, I've upgraded Adobe 9 to adobe 10, installed the new version of flash player, updated avast, renamed the iexplorer.exe file in the Prefetch folder, and enabled adobe add ons. No avast warnings, you tube works again.

So far so good.

Are these other browsing systems etc really much better ?

Edited by LeazesMag

yes, LM install Firefox and/or Chrome.

Its not like you have to give up IE or owt, just install them and give them a try then just use the one that works best for you.

I've got chrome downloaded, daughter uses it.

Is that and Firefox better protected against viruses and the crap that I've just had as mentioned above ?

I tried Firefox once before, but just went back to what I was familiar with.

Just found the cause of this, I think.

Downloaded the track by Grace Slik [see "what are you listening to" thread] and I got a script error. I got this last week when i dowloaded a different song from youtube. The iexplore.exe file came up again in the "prefetch" folder like before when avast hit on it. The error is something to do with Real Player downloader ?