Quality players signed under old transfer policy

LeazesMag

I think you are starting to lose perspective leazes. Everyone loved signing these kinds of players and no1 will argue that the quality they brought was a million miles ahead of what we are buying now. The cold hard facts are we did under that regime was completely unsustainable. I don't think I have ever come across someone who speaks so complimentary about a business running on heavy debt and pushing a cliff towards total extinction.

Your point of view is what is wrong with society in general, it's the standard fur coat and nee knickers syndrome "it's fine cos when I am fucked and can't afford my house or car i will go bankrupt, society will bail me out and start again"

Ashley has made plenty of mistakes but at least we still have a club to support. You bang on about clubs not going under but when the banks kick the bucket and stop giving £25m working overdrafts as standard and recall the debt the club as it was could at any point have gone in seconds. How you can continuously support an insolvent business model is completely beyond my (and 99% of the people on here's) comprehension and that is why you get the shit you do for supporting a time when we were successful on the pitch. The way I look at it is, if you buy a vw golf upfront for £15000 cash you are in a much better position than getting an Audi a5 worth £35k on hire purchase and getting a new one every 2 years but never owning anything and that's the comparison between the new and old regime!

I think my perspective is nailed on tbh. I don't buy "the club would have gone bust" bollocks, it would have happened in 1991 due to long term apathy if it was going to happen. A club with a huge stadium in the middle of a big city centre with one of the biggest support in europe is not going to go bust. THAT is perspective, and THAT is why Mike Ashley has put the club into decline like it was when the last board found it.

If you seriously think there is something wrong with holding up the standards employed "when we were successful on the pitch", there is, again, only one person here with no sense of perspective.

If you think we should be a selling club, like the Boltons and Blackburns, you have a serious problem mate.

Anyway, a tempororary derail, I hope it doesn't happen again.

Nobody has yet mentioned a couple of crucial points concerning the old players in the first post and the current players at the club.

Although a persistent fuck, LM is right in alot of what he says and I certainly back the statement made in regards to the club going bust. Poetic license by the current board and probably sour grapes for not performing due diligence.

I'd certainly take the players we used to sign over the policy now but "times are a changing" and it's not plausible. However, we are still showing a severe lack of ambition and I hope (and believe we require) we have a progressive summer window in which 4-5 first team players are signed. If they are along the same lines as the calibre of players like solano and Bellamy then brilliant.

To be fair the players we're linked with (and I appreciate that some of it is just speculation) are of the calibre we should be looking at. I.e. they'd significantly improve the squad if we can bring them in. Like I've said elsewhere I hope we don't downgrade too much when/if they say no to us.

Edited by Tecato

Although a persistent fuck, LM is right in alot of what he says and I certainly back the statement made in regards to the club going bust. Poetic license by the current board and probably sour grapes for not performing due diligence.

I'd certainly take the players we used to sign over the policy now but "times are a changing" and it's not plausible. However, we are still showing a severe lack of ambition and I hope (and believe we require) we have a progressive summer window in which 4-5 first team players are signed. If they are along the same lines as the calibre of players like solano and Bellamy then brilliant.

Aye OK

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/ne...-black-and.html