Christmas decorations.

catmag

Lots of messiness.. I refuse to have a colour-coordinated tree.. it's full of crap decorations I made when I was little.

On the subject of decorations.. far too many houses are going for tacky lights etc outside this year.. my street looks fucking dreadful. ;)

Cath, you blatantly stuck that cat up the tree for a photo opportunity. :angry:

My tree is all silver toys with white lights. :blush:

Jill, you're right about houses with lights. Driving home last night and it was like driving down the strip in Vegas. ;)

Our tree is 3 foot and on top of the table for the very reason Cath has illustrated. 20 years of keeping cats has taught me Cat + Tree = New and fun unstable thing to climb. We've already had a set of xmas lights we nailed on the wall go bang due to them being chewed.

Our tree is about 5'8' and the cat is scared of it after one fell on her a few years ago ;).

And Jill is right these trees should be immensely tacky and decorated with loadsa crap you made when you were 5

Just dont put one up, saves all the hassle ;)

We have a little mini piece of wood with some green stuff on it and some red 'cherry' looking things but thats about it. Not getting really festive this year for some reason.

Cath, you blatantly stuck that cat up the tree for a photo opportunity. :angry:

My tree is all silver toys with white lights. :blush:

Jill, you're right about houses with lights.  Driving home last night and it was like driving down the strip in Vegas. ;)

69753[/snapback]

I was wondering if it was an excuse to get some firemen in to rescue it!

And Rikko is right, decs should be tacky. Unfortunately, mrs hips does not share my sentiments so everything is colour-coordinated and 'tasteful'; very sad imo.

Christmas decorations SHOULD NOT be tacky shit you made as a kid, unless you still are a kid.  FACT!

69800[/snapback]

Oh! ;) If it's a FACT! then I can't really argue, can I? :angry:

As someone famous once said, I would 'luv it' if I could put up the tacky streamers I made when I was a kid, just 'luv it'. :blush:

I 'love' the house in Longbenton Estate that leaves their outdoor decorations up (albeit switched off) all year round. Now that is tacky.

69801[/snapback]

I drove past there last night and they weren't on.. seems a bit of a fucking waste to me like. ;)

Scott - I'm practically still a kid.. so I can surely get away with tacky kid-made decorations.

'Tasteful' colour co-ordinated xmas trees=blatantly queer eye for the straight guy territory.

69885[/snapback]

and you'd no mate :blush:

69887[/snapback]

It's only the lasses unpacking my baubles, missy!

Dreadful spelling btw! ;):angry:

'Tasteful' colour co-ordinated xmas trees=blatantly queer eye for the straight guy territory.

69885[/snapback]

and you'd no mate ;)

69887[/snapback]

He'd yes tbh.

69885[/snapback]

I imagine your tree is decked out in the spaztacular things that you knocked up at the special school. ;)

69885[/snapback]

I imagine your tree is decked out in the spaztacular things that you knocked up at the special school. ;)

69902[/snapback]

No room on your tree for anything but tree chocs tbh.

69885[/snapback]

I imagine your tree is decked out in the spaztacular things that you knocked up at the special school. :angry:

69902[/snapback]

69908[/snapback]

What the fuck is a tree choc, you bandit? ;)

69885[/snapback]

I imagine your tree is decked out in the spaztacular things that you knocked up at the special school. :blush:

69902[/snapback]

69908[/snapback]

69909[/snapback]

Are you havin' a tin bath?

A tree chocolate you mincer. Chocolates for trees!

'Four candles' tbh :angry:

69885[/snapback]

I imagine your tree is decked out in the spaztacular things that you knocked up at the special school. :blush:

69902[/snapback]

69908[/snapback]

69909[/snapback]

69910[/snapback]

I've never hung chocolates from a tree, you screaming queen? :blush:

69885[/snapback]

I imagine your tree is decked out in the spaztacular things that you knocked up at the special school. :razz:

69902[/snapback]

69908[/snapback]

69909[/snapback]

69910[/snapback]

I've never hung chocolates from a tree, you screaming queen? :blush:

69915[/snapback]

:blush:

Vegan, sandal-hugging bummist to be fair.