Deus Ex

Andrew

Picked it up last week more or less finished it.

it's good, and alot more like the original which i loved, a bit buggy in places and the loading times are putting my head away, but it's a decent game enjoying it alright.

Don't think the choices influence the game enough though is the only thing, and asides from picking hacking aug's the other ones you pick have little effect on how you play imo.

Thinking about this but not sure. I've read it's got an xp levelling system which is awesome but what is the game like?

Is it like Mass Effect?

Picked it up last week more or less finished it.

it's good, and alot more like the original which i loved, a bit buggy in places and the loading times are putting my head away, but it's a decent game enjoying it alright.

Don't think the choices influence the game enough though is the only thing, and asides from picking hacking aug's the other ones you pick have little effect on how you play imo.

Thinking about this but not sure. I've read it's got an xp levelling system which is awesome but what is the game like?

Is it like Mass Effect?

see the "xp" system is pointless is the thing, yes you get xp for doing the very few sidequests and when you kill people certain ways etc, but theres no "levels" really like you don't have stats that change or the like, basically when you level up you get another Praxis Point (which you assign to those augmentations i mentioned above)

You can also buy a fair few praxis kits to get points or find/get given some, i'm near the end and i'm not far off filling all my choices, which is kinda daft.

The way deus ex is, you're kind of meant to decide what path you wanna go down, do you wanna be stealthy and go all sam fisher. sneeking about with cloaks and such.

Or Be a all guns blazing type and get the anti recoil augmentations etc

Or be a combo with hacking skills to control turrets and security cameras and hack info from pc's (level 5 hacking is a must imo)

but at the stage I'm at now i've basically got everything, I'm putting points into stuff I'll never use just for the sake of it because i've got them.

It's a good game don't get me wrong, it's been enjoyable playing it and i like the fact if you do get stuck out in the open you'll die most of the time whereas mass effect and fallout i don't think i ever got killed really.

But there's not enough wee side quests imo, i don't see how the dlc will work post game either with the way the storyline goes.

That's good to know cheers. Think I'll stay clear for awhile til it's cheaper. I seem to have a thing for xp levelling up games ATM but there doesn't seem to be enough of them about.

That's good to know cheers. Think I'll stay clear for awhile til it's cheaper. I seem to have a thing for xp levelling up games ATM but there doesn't seem to be enough of them about.

Hopefully Dead Island will be better for that when it hits next week

Yeah it looks like it will. Nothing beats Fallout for me ATM. Borderlands is also a great game for that.

outta those games Boarderlands wins hands down for me, just because it's far more entertaining.

did ya ever see what they did for some couple who were massive fans? the fella got them to knock up a proposal video for him, and then he had his mates etc round for a viewing of some new "demo" he'd got and played it

fair play to gearbox it's hilarious

Claptrap "the next level? what like anal?...."

That is very cool. The dlc is actually worthwhile with borderlands too.

That does look pretty cool. Vague memory when it came out that its a bit sorta Fallout 3ish, but obviously from that looks like it has a bit more of a twisted sense of humour? Will add it to the (ridiculously long) list of stuff to get after I qualify (got chartered accountancy finals in November, v v hard).

Cheers. But thats one series I've never gotten into! My mate showed me (I think) Morrowind, and I just couldn't get into it. I quite like an RPG, but more a NWN type - run around stabbing and looting absolutely everything in site, oooh look, a dragon, stab. That kind of thing.

Edit: I can't fucking believe how I've spelt sight there. Going to blame that on tax revision.

Edited by Bonamental

finished it now, good playthrough and did a little achievement hunting after I finished it.

going to attempt a run without killing anyone (barring bosses) which was my inital approach before I felt like I was missing out os it will be a lot of tranqing, stunning, takedowning and sneaking

good fun :D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Bought it for £4 in Game last week.

Not a fan of stealth-'em-ups but I'm quite enjoying playing through this one. Have reached Montreal; just got off the funicular.

The only thing I find a bit off-putting is how the guy voicing Adam Jensen is basically just doing a dodgy Timothy Olyphant impression the whole way through. The security cameras annoy me - nowt happens when you lob a vending machine past their l.o.s. but they glimpse so much as the tip of Jensen's augmented bell end and the whole place is put on alert.

I was hoping for a Mass Effect meets Final Fantasy game but not too disappointed. I like having a tricked out combat rifle that I don't have to really aim very much though.