Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair he did fuck all apart from his cross at Stoke, apart from chase balls and press, and I think the point that he didn't start at Blackburn was irrelevant considering we lost the game when he was on. He works hard though and will be a decent squad member, but this exposes how thin the squad is. Two injuries and we're thinking awe ffs Lovenkrands might have to come on and also if Marveaux or Jonas gets injured what do we do then? Call Lua Lua back? If Ashley fell in the Tyne now he'd bob up floating on a stolen Picasso with a salmon in his mouth. Lucky fat bastard. We are short and it's squarely down to him and Llambias.

Am sticking with my theory about Obertan's main problem.

You still peddling this 'lucky bastard' line? Am genuinely annoyed with you for not giving Pardew credit for the job he has done, the fat bastard might have been lucky appointing him, he might have known what he was doing, we'll never know. Whatever, it doesnt matter, Pards has done a cracking job and there is no way you can call our start to this season lucky. Unless you're Happy Face and you like pulling statistics oot your hoop for the sake of argument.

HF really gets to you, doesn't he? :lol:

To be fair he did fuck all apart from his cross at Stoke, apart from chase balls and press, and I think the point that he didn't start at Blackburn was irrelevant considering we lost the game when he was on. He works hard though and will be a decent squad member, but this exposes how thin the squad is. Two injuries and we're thinking awe ffs Lovenkrands might have to come on and also if Marveaux or Jonas gets injured what do we do then? Call Lua Lua back? If Ashley fell in the Tyne now he'd bob up floating on a stolen Picasso with a salmon in his mouth. Lucky fat bastard. We are short and it's squarely down to him and Llambias.

You still peddling this 'lucky bastard' line? Am genuinely annoyed with you for not giving Pardew credit for the job he has done, the fat bastard might have been lucky appointing him, he might have known what he was doing, we'll never know. Whatever, it doesnt matter, Pards has done a cracking job and there is no way you can call our start to this season lucky. Unless you're Happy Face and you like pulling statistics oot your hoop for the sake of argument.

:lol: I though everyone could see through our faux-rivalry. I just need a nemesis, he's the best i've got.

Where have I not given or avoided giving Pardew credit? He's been fantastic with what he's had to work with. You need to distinguish between two distinct facets within the club. The owners/board and the manager/coaching staff. We don't have enough players, Pardew knows this, he knew it in the summer, the fans know it, and what he's done so far with the players at his disposal is like Jesus sorting 5,000 out with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. If he'd have done half as well, with what he's had to play with he'd have deserved praise.

Where the luck has come in, has been the fact for once in our existence we've had no injuries, this is like new ground for Newcastle, and I say Ashley is specifically lucky, because quite clearly the squad is not big enough and it's his and Llambias' fault that we'll be fucking around with the likes of Shane Ferguson, and putting Raylor right wing should just one more of our wide men get injured. There is absolutely no depth in any part of our squad, one injury to a key player and we're massively depleted. No other team in the top 7 can say the same, and it only need two or three more players, and we've got the money to do it, to have a reasonable squad.

:lol: I though everyone could see through our faux-rivalry. I just need a nemesis, he's the best i've got.

Ah knaa man, just pulling your leg.

It's canny funny though. The tension isn't 100% tongue-in-cheek however. ;)

The lack of proper rivalries on here is a change for the better I reckon. Great piece of business by team positive in the summer. I hear the new signings aren't doing too well on N-O.

The lack of proper rivalries on here is a change for the better I reckon. Great piece of business by team positive in the summer. I hear the new signings aren't doing too well on N-O.

is that where CT and Deano fucked off to?

Where have I not given or avoided giving Pardew credit? He's been fantastic with what he's had to work with. You need to distinguish between two distinct facets within the club. The owners/board and the manager/coaching staff. We don't have enough players, Pardew knows this, he knew it in the summer, the fans know it, and what he's done so far with the players at his disposal is like Jesus sorting 5,000 out with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. If he'd have done half as well, with what he's had to play with he'd have deserved praise.

Where the luck has come in, has been the fact for once in our existence we've had no injuries, this is like new ground for Newcastle, and I say Ashley is specifically lucky, because quite clearly the squad is not big enough and it's his and Llambias' fault that we'll be fucking around with the likes of Shane Ferguson, and putting Raylor right wing should just one more of our wide men get injured. There is absolutely no depth in any part of our squad, one injury to a key player and we're massively depleted. No other team in the top 7 can say the same, and it only need two or three more players, and we've got the money to do it, to have a reasonable squad.

Aye, that's how I see it like. Maintaining where we are (not necessarily 3rd as that's not realistic but competing for a top 7 spot) is all about whether or not Pardew can convince Ashley to invest a little bit in January. The worry is he might think we're doing so well there's no need. Fair enough, relegation isn't even a remote possibility (even a terrible run averaging less than a point a game and we'd still probably be alright) but not building on what Pardew, the coaches and the players have achieved so far would be a massive opportunity missed.

As I said before, it'll be a decision made on the basis of medical advice though.

he should think of pele in escape to victory. he wouldn't miss a game for a sore toe

Can he do a Jamaican accent though?

Danny Guthrie and Dan Gosling are more than capable of playing on the right-hand side of midfield.

urgh. He was very very good on Monday though.

Re : injuries; the current team are doing more running and covering more ground than any team in the Prem, injuries and knocks will catch up soon enough unfortunately.

Shame to lose Obertan, I think his pace is his biggest asset and he'll be a loss away from home. I'm not sure he's good enough to properly break down teams at SJP, where the opposition will come to play on the counter. Marveaux and Ben Arfa have shown they maybe have more to them regarding unlocking a defence in those situations.

is that where CT and Deano fucked off to?

£35 for CT, £50 for Deano, was decent business as alex says. As you can see from this thread, i've got fuck all cover yet am still beating all-comers.

Unfortunately for the agenda-ists, you cant separate the two really. The buck stops with the fat cunt and therefore so does the praise.

Aye, that's how I see it like. Maintaining where we are (not necessarily 3rd as that's not realistic but competing for a top 7 spot) is all about whether or not Pardew can convince Ashley to invest a little bit in January. The worry is he might think we're doing so well there's no need. Fair enough, relegation isn't even a remote possibility (even a terrible run averaging less than a point a game and we'd still probably be alright) but not building on what Pardew, the coaches and the players have achieved so far would be a massive opportunity missed.

Definitely. What does fuck me off about Pardew is when he says hopefully we'll do enough to convince Mike to invest further. Mike should be fucking investing further, with the £51m we've raked in since fucking January. He wouldn't need to even spend all that. It fucks me off that people still don't see the big picture. If Stevie Taylor or Coloccini, get injured we're relying on fucking WILLIAMSON!!!! He's a clown, I still have sleepless nights about how weak he was for that goal against Blackburn at home last year. We need AT LEAST one centre half, one back up wide man ideally who can play on both sides (Ben Arfa is nee good out left), and 100% definitely need a striker. 4 players £25m spent max = without any question we have firmly cemented our place as the 6th or 7th best side in this country, far, far away from our so called challengers Villa and Everton.

Danny Guthrie and Dan Gosling are more than capable of playing on the right-hand side of midfield.

urgh. He was very very good on Monday though.

Re : injuries; the current team are doing more running and covering more ground than any team in the Prem, injuries and knocks will catch up soon enough unfortunately.

Shame to lose Obertan, I think his pace is his biggest asset and he'll be a loss away from home. I'm not sure he's good enough to properly break down teams at SJP, where the opposition will come to play on the counter. Marveaux and Ben Arfa have shown they maybe have more to them regarding unlocking a defence in those situations.

Let me help you out here.

Everton at home is a great chance to see what one of those two can do. The inj to Obi might prove 'lucky; for 'lucky' Pards. ;)

Think we would have won either way.

:lol: @ the last page...and the thread title

:lol: Chez's better looking but they're both punching above their weight.

Riding the wave baby.

Reads like a tagline from a water bed advert.

Unfortunately for the agenda-ists, you cant separate the two really. The buck stops with the fat cunt and therefore so does the praise.

Says who? Under that theory Malcolm Glazer deserves as much praise as Ferguson for reaching three Champions League finals in four years.

Definitely. What does fuck me off about Pardew is when he says hopefully we'll do enough to convince Mike to invest further. Mike should be fucking investing further, with the £51m we've raked in since fucking January. He wouldn't need to even spend all that. It fucks me off that people still don't see the big picture. If Stevie Taylor or Coloccini, get injured we're relying on fucking WILLIAMSON!!!! He's a clown, I still have sleepless nights about how weak he was for that goal against Blackburn at home last year. We need AT LEAST one centre half, one back up wide man ideally who can play on both sides (Ben Arfa is nee good out left), and 100% definitely need a striker. 4 players £25m spent max = without any question we have firmly cemented our place as the 6th or 7th best side in this country, far, far away from our so called challengers Villa and Everton.

This is the frustration cause we're literally 2/3 decent players away from a good side/squad.

I called the CD thing a few weeks ago and tbf I think most of us are aware that Will isn't ideal first cover.

Have been surprised by how 'bulked up' and effective guthrie was.

Says who? Under that theory Malcolm Glazer deserves as much praise as Ferguson for reaching three Champions League finals in four years.

Stevie, you just praise Man U as you see fit, mate. ;)

I was being a bit facetious but arguably Glazer does deserve some praise for realising he could steal the club via debt, pay it off and not really affect their overall performance and quality. That view is harder to support after the city result like.

The idea of accountability in management means that the success or failure of any organisation is based on the people at the top, its just the way of the world. If Pards is decent, then he's a decent appointment.

Anyway, i may have misunderstood the original point about luck as it was more to do with injuries but the lack of injuries only allows the club to perform at its potential and the management of that potential is not down to luck and is driven by the management of the club in general.

Another pat on the back for Pardew and the coaches re: Guthrie like. He looked really fit and in the past his engine has been the major weakness to his game. Especially when you think about how he seemed to have totally lost his way last season and was well down the pecking order.